• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I think I'm getting fat. When ever I where some of my shirts now to work, and tuck the shirt in my pants, my stomach sticks out. I was never really fit, but now I'm just starting to look sloppy. I really hope I won't have to start going to the gym. I'm too busy for that.
come to the gym thread bro. its the only thread left on this entire website I make serious posts in. we'll give you teh epic advice~~

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Applying for jobs so lame. My application system is more concerned with writing flowery sentences than actually knowing something. Feels like a lottery. Where my prize will be spending two years in the middle of nowhere. :c

frotaz37

Smash Lord
My philosophy teacher literally called the Dalai Lama an "advanced human being", and then proceeded to ridicule me in front of the entire class when I brought up criticisms of this claim.

I am so sick of these new age scumbags glorifying eastern religions by labeling them as advanced and spiritual while dismissing the claims of western religions as totally ridiculous and crazy.

What a ****ing joke.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So I should stop caring about the opinions of people who aren't my employers, or my close friends, because they don't really matter to me, in the long term. But I do anyways. Tips on not being so sensitive?

Jasou

Smash Ace
So I should stop caring about the opinions of people who aren't my employers, or my close friends, because they don't really matter to me, in the long term. But I do anyways. Tips on not being so sensitive?
Well it depends on what the issue is. Are you worried that you may be annoying them for some reason? Or something else.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Nope. It's just that in general, I think I care about what people think about me as a person more than what I think about myself as a person.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Related to my post in the happy thread; staying up at night studying has begun to take a toll on me :(

Jasou

Smash Ace
Nope. It's just that in general, I think I care about what people think about me as a person more than what I think about myself as a person.
That happens to me a lot. I try to be a really nice person, but sometimes I worry about what others think of me.

I do think self esteem would help. Mine is fairly low sometimes.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I get discouraged and melancholy too easily. I wish it was easier for me to maintain a happy or content state of mind. It'd be nice if I had a greater control over my feelings.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I have never in my life felt soo depressed. I am slowly losing the only person I care about the most in the entire world
And theres nothing I can do about it.

:phone:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I have never in my life felt soo depressed. I am slowly losing the only person I care about the most in the entire world
And theres nothing I can do about it.

Usually in life there is always something you can do about your problems, especially relationships. I have no idea what's going on in your life, but it bothers me to see the ''I have to give up because I can't do anything about it'' mentality. We should at least try to do something.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Usually in life there is always something you can do about your problems, especially relationships. I have no idea what's going on in your life, but it bothers me to see the ''I have to give up because I can't do anything about it'' mentality. We should at least try to do something.
I just dont know what to do anymore.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I'm sad because now my bro who can't walk home with me anymore, may have to change schools as well. School is just not the same without him. :( and he's the one who unintentionally got me back into smash.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whew, not so hyped for my 5 hour figure sculpting class starting in 20 minutes

gotta power through!!!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yea im sure I can too..
What if he said he needs time for him shouldnt I just give him the space he needs?

While it seems like a really hard thing to do, I believe that you should give him space, if he says he needs it. To not do so would probably just push him away farther. But I sympathize with you; it can often feel like there is nothing you can do if someone is slowly shifting away from you...

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
While it seems like a really hard thing to do, I believe that you should give him space, if he says he needs it. To not do so would probably just push him away farther. But I sympathize with you; it can often feel like there is nothing you can do if someone is slowly shifting away from you...
exactly.:/ *sigh*
Sucky part is that we hardly argue but when we do its like the world is ending

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Yea im sure I can too..
What if he said he needs time for him shouldnt I just give him the space he needs?

Really only you can answer if you should try to talk to him while he says he needs his space.

I'd recommend that you give him his space, but if you can send him a message telling him how much you care about him and how important the relationship is to you. Sometimes it's critical for people to be reminded of that.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Really only you can answer if you should try to talk to him while he says he needs his space.

I'd recommend that you give him his space, but if you can send him a message telling him how much you care about him and how important the relationship is to you. Sometimes it's critical for people to be reminded of that.
I totally understand...
Thank you

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"If you ever need to talk to me about anything, I will be here for you." I think those words will leave the door open for him, and show him that you care, while at the same time, they let him know that you respect his space.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Jesus, I must have used up 400 minuets like in a single week. How the **** does that even happen?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've been sitting here for like, three hours now trying to compose a message to someone, and all I can piece together is two sentences. Of course I'm so dead-set on composing this message because I'm going to feel nervous until I do, except I know that it's going to grow exponentially once I send the message in anticipation for a response.

My life is actually perfectly amazing in every other aspect. It's just that in this one situation, with this one person, all of my logic and optimism gets thrown out the window, but I need to feel okay in this one situation or I feel like **** in the rest of my life.

I wish everything would fix itself at one time just once. ._. Sooo tired of having everything be great but having a sudden sinking feeling in my stomach when I remember the one thing that isn't.

Smash Lord
So yeah, I had an amiazing weekend.

I take second in FNM, and today I took first in a 14 man draft for rares. I picked up a liliana.

I put my box of cards on the back of my car.

I drive home.

I look in my back seat and realize my whole collection isn't there.

I drive back to look for my cards.

I find half of them on the road, run over, and the other half is MIA.

I'm out 1000+ dollars in cards.

Give me sympathy.

For those who don't understand what I'm talking about. It's magic the gathering, and the game is expensive as crap to play. It's going to take me years to rebuild what I've lost today.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm afraid I don't understand how the cards left your car...

But man, that's rough. To spend a lot of time on something, and to have it erased in mere minutes is one of the worst feelings in the world. All I can say is, try not to let it get you down too much. Life will move on, and so must you.

Top Bottom