• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies - Canceled Indefinetely

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I hope to see most of you, if not all, at saffron.

BTW no one trolls if they are adding important info

Eggm

Smash Hero
Gonna tryout the rules jfox/blast came up with in the debate thread. Changing thread title now.

Edit : Sorry I was away winning a tournament yesterday(With CP's). :)

I think we all acted a little immature during this whole thing. I'm sorry to everyone Vanz/tec0 I shouldn't have posted out of rage (even if you guys were acting a little childish.) My bad sorry guise. Me and DJ nintendo are gonna give you guys the business this weekend in teams at saffron. :)

Edit : Jfox when should the next one be? Theres already something on oct 3rd I think alukard is taking the 12th and spoc is the 17th. Is there anything the weekend after spoC?

Cia

das kwl
Alright thank you. And I apologize as well because many of my posts were born from rage. but you guys still aren't winning saffron teams.

:o

JFox

Smash Hero
well you have him down for Nov. 7th for the circuit, but these are Bi-Weeklies. So I say next one is Oct. 24th, and than 2 weeks later he does the one for Nov. 7th :)

JFox

Smash Hero
i just wanna apologize to you all for your unfortunate circumstance...it must be tough being gay for dudes in a world that doesnt expect you.

dont worry i aint judgin ya ;0

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Dude, it might not be that big of a deal to YOU, seeing as though you have melee right in your backyard. But for most of us, melee has been hard to find, and its not available very often, as far as big tournies go. So why would news that big tournies are going to be drastically changed NOT be a big deal? I could see if there were tournies every weekend, but this isn't 06 and thats not the case. Use your brain before you claim that this is "just an experiement" and doesn't mean much. Same goes for you Pakman.

Eliminating one of the most tactical factors in melee is Not a big deal lolol. How many melee tournies have their been in the last 3 months? Yea, I think its a pretty big deal when one finally pops up n they say " F*CK YO CP N!GGA F*ck YO CP!
Wow really, Eazy? There has been a melee tournament in tristate probably every other weekend in the past three months. GOTM, Eggm, Alex strife and Alukard have each had tournaments within a span of less than 2 months, I didn't see you there.

Alukard

Smash Hero
theres been a tournament every weekend ... for 2 months ... i think it was 1 saturday where it was a ****ty tourney that no one went to ... thats about it

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Falco is def. feeling up Fox's head in your avvy Alu. Not sure why it amused me, but it did.

/lol random

Alukard

Smash Hero
we gottta make it as good as alex's ... lets start having huge tournies people thats wat this game is about the hype the nervous sets ... LETS DO THIS

JFox

Smash Hero
i think the biggest thing thats holding us back from having big tourneys is that we have tourneys every week so people cant afford to play smash every weekend. it gets expensive and time consuming to throw your whole day on smash.

With that said, ill do my best to keep makin it to these

Eggm

Smash Hero
Well every week used to be no problem with we had a bigger base of players. And that's what we are working towards. Also it helps everyone to get better and better in preperation for pound 4 and ROM 2 which tristate needs to ****. :) But I do understand your point. Whats cool about having it in diff locations every week is new players come and we find the new base that we need. For example tons of south jersey scrubs and people I haven't seen in mad long came to gotm's. At my tourney we found a group of 5 new smashers in tinton falls and jflo came who lives close in toms river plus we got flame and stric in the area (newer players). And then at saffron we had mad new and oldschool players show up. Its cool that at each area we find who will new or old players willing to go. Its good to discover all these guys so that when we do have something big like a national or circuit event we can make sure they all come and stay in contact.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Jfox, I have been practicing melee alot for the past 2 weeks, I have every intention of going to tournies when I get the chance.

Pakman, what I said wasn't a representation of my feelings on the matter, but more so on how big of a deal it was ultimately. I wasn't being a d!ck, just showing how making a huge change and calling it an experiment could effect diff people. I'm not as active on the boards as I used to be, and don't really hear about tournies too often. So my apologies for assuming that they were infrequent.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Jfox, I have been practicing melee alot for the past 2 weeks, I have every intention of going to tournies when I get the chance.

Pakman, what I said wasn't a representation of my feelings on the matter, but more so on how big of a deal it was ultimately. I wasn't being a d!ck, just showing how making a huge change and calling it an experiment could effect diff people. I'm not as active on the boards as I used to be, and don't really hear about tournies too often. So my apologies for assuming that they were infrequent.
no need for sorry son ... just try to make it when ur not out pimping all them white women ^_-

Eggm

Smash Hero
Alright nice. Also lol this will be the first time its actually a biweekly cause I'm running a circuit event for Alex 2 weeks after this on the 7th. Mad hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JFox

Smash Hero
is there a melee tourney next weekend (oct 10th)? if not, u should hold one tim.

edit: i just realized im workin next weekend, so it really doesnt matter lol. but still...wtf is going on next weekend

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
alukard eggm scar check your PMs and let me know what you think

Sadly oct24 is my viridian city tournament and its on my bday I cannot make this:( but I will DEF be at the next one. lets get a lot of people to come and support Tri-state.

JFox

Smash Hero
oh true, i forgot. good call hbk.

glad im workin cuz i dont wanna do so much travel for melee. Maybe ill throw a smashfest sometime soon to get some melee in

Top Bottom