• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
**** somebody brought up MGC Vegas.... =/

Guys, M2K and ADHD deserve to be banned. The truth hurts, but that's it right there. As a Halo/Melee player, I was pumped to see the Smash community join us in MLG, beyond pumped actually. But this is flat out embarrassing, and coming from players like M2K and ADHD.... not just some relatively unknown players is just.... horrible.

I don't understand why all of this wasn't kept secret, and why the Smash community has endless johns. M2K, you're a legendary player and all, but I don't give a **** about your controller, a **** about your Diddy match up. You have a CONTRACT with MLG. How could you think violating your contract isn't against the rules? Play your best, if you were going to lose then you would've lost normally anyway. Then if you need $300 from ADHD after the tournament is over, then ask him for it then, I don't understand why you would have a pre-existing agreement. ****ing ********.

And how can people in a community be in support of this? Don't you guys understand how horrible this looks? Hell, the Halo community half hates each other sometimes and they look miles better right now.

Jeez.
Oh, would you look at that. Someone from another competitive gaming community corroborating my argument. I guess it's just coincidence.

m2k and ADHD should team as 'Banana Split'
I lol'd.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
@ saffy, no, what you said about stomach is a legit reason, except no one will care. Jason with his purp controller is WAYYY faster and better. Just watch out for what you say, there's stuff you don't do right at all or ignore the consequences, same could go for me.

Ugh **** drama Starcraft time.

Flonomenalz

Smash Cadet
I understand your point, but the pre-existing "violation" wasn't even pre-existing in the first place. It was AFTER the tournament that I established the money being dealt with. ALSO, Mew2king was the one to make most of this information public by telling numerous, numerous people directly after the tournament about this "deal."
Well to be frank, if you can provide MLG with sufficient evidence to support what you just said, then you MAY be un-banned. Again, I'll speak honestly, it's highly unlikely. It's very difficult for MLG to go back on a decision like this, as painful as it is to you guys.

For example, a while back in Halo, a player named Karma was suspended from participating in an event, and his team had to find a last minute member. People were smoking weed in his hotel room, but even though he wasn't smoking anything, he took the heat for it since it was his room and he was a professional player. Even with tons of support from the community, his ban was not lifted. And this was from the Halo community, MLG's "established" community. It's going to be even harder for you guys.

I wish you the best of luck though, but the Smash community needs to learn from this.

NO ****ING JOHNS.

P.S. That includes you too Mango ;p

MJG

Smash Hero
Yup, because once you say you've lied once, you're a perpetual liar. Makes perfect sense.

Haha hold on, MLG gains nothing by allowing them back in? Didn't you or someone else say that MLG was using Jason as it's mascot for Brawl?
Owned. Toogood

@the controller responses: One's controller is EXTREMELY important than some might think.

:shyguy::shyguy::shyguy:

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
I just have one quick question left I suppose. (Although I'm sure from this question many more will spawn so what I just said was basically useless, derp.)

If you say that "throwing a match" or "forfeiting on purpose" is against the rules, why is it so?

I'm an old school Halo player, and I can see where that could become a serious issue when teams are involved. However, what happens when it's only on a individual basis? It's up to the individual whether or not they want to keep playing.

Is this the same as if M2K were to throw his 2nd round for no reason? Would he still get banned from the next event?
Can someone tell me if I'm way off/insane or if this logic works a little?

tsl

Smash Apprentice
For example, a while back in Halo, a player named Karma was suspended from participating in an event, and his team had to find a last minute member. People were smoking weed in his hotel room, but even though he wasn't smoking anything, he took the heat for it since it was his room and he was a professional player. Even with tons of support from the community, his ban was not lifted. And this was from the Halo community, MLG's "established" community. It's going to be even harder for you guys.
Another example to support my argument. If people really didn't understand the seriousness of the situation we're dealing with here after reading my post, I hope this story puts it into perspective for you. This guy didn't even do the drugs himself, and he got banned.

In a professional environment, ethics mean so much. Look at Tiger Woods. Dude had an extramarital affair and lost a lot of sponsors. What the hell does that have anything to do with his golfing? Nothing. But it means a lot to the companies dishing out the bucks. They don't want to look bad.

If Brawl seriously wants to have a chance in the professional spotlight, its community of players need to realize that this is the attitude of seriousness and legitimacy that we need to carry, or we'll just end up being embarrassed and thrown out.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
MLG has the right to bar you from competing in any of their tournaments for any reason.

Deal with it.

M.K

Level 55
Tiger is a good example. Dude was *spotless* besides some inter-athletic banter about his pompousness. I'm sure everything came out of left field, but now he's topping the Most Hated Athletes list.
Credibility and prominence in the community, honestly, means nothing.

Saffy

Smash Ace
@ saffy, no, what you said about stomach is a legit reason, except no one will care. Jason with his purp controller is WAYYY faster and better. Just watch out for what you say, there's stuff you don't do right at all or ignore the consequences, same could go for me.

Ugh **** drama Starcraft time.
That is sad that more people would care more about m2k's controller not working, over me or a random person having a panic attack and almost dying mentally... REALLY SHOWS WHAT KIND OF COMMUNITY WE ARE.... =c

/brb corner

AllyKnight

That is sad that more people would care more about m2k's controller not working, over me or a random person having a panic attack and almost dying mentally... REALLY SHOWS WHAT KIND OF COMMUNITY WE ARE.... =c

/brb corner
I don't understand, your health problems has nothing to do with Smash...

Controller is part of the game though.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team

I think he was suggesting that people care about controllers too much.

Or something...

I didn't really get it either.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

health has plenty to do with it if your mentally strained/tried

controller can either work with you or against you depending on how much use its seen-- despite that its pretty essential to have it working in prime condition before going to anything

SuSa

If I'm having a heart attack, can I play to the same degree if I wasn't having one?

How about if my analog stick sometimes stuck to the left.

Yeah.... health problems have a lot to do with Smash, it sort of effects your playing ability.

:nifty::leek:

Saffy

Smash Ace

But your mentality and well being plays a big roll in how well you perform. Not just in smash, but in anything. If you don't sleep for 3 days, Pretty sure no one would play the same... T~T Mind over Matter...
And if you ever have experienced a Panic attack it ain't fun. You get overcome'd with very intense fear like your dying. How in the world can anyone play through that? When with a controller you can play around it.... Well it depends on what's wrong with it.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

/brb corner
Stop it. The community would care, even if Cheese was having a panic attack at a tourney or something.

But to your other posts, I think you're sniffing paint before you post or an inatimate object is posting becauseof the ignorance me and others are reading. It doesn't even feel like you are part of the community. You hardly know how us smashers feel about certain things yet you act like you're in our shoes. Just stop because it's embarrassing at this point.

AllyKnight

Ugh I meant everyone will not care about your health problems messing with your game. Just like how I get ***** by trashtalk, that becomes a health problem that no one gives **** about it. His controller is way more legit in gaming term and it's friggin important.

+1 Ksizzle.

alcheato

Smash Ace

Guys, M2K and ADHD deserve to be banned. The truth hurts, but that's it right there. As a Halo/Melee player, I was pumped to see the Smash community join us in MLG, beyond pumped actually. But this is flat out embarrassing, and coming from players like M2K and ADHD.... not just some relatively unknown players is just.... horrible.

I don't understand why all of this wasn't kept secret, and why the Smash community has endless johns. M2K, you're a legendary player and all, but I don't give a **** about your controller, a **** about your Diddy match up. You have a CONTRACT with MLG. How could you think violating your contract isn't against the rules? Play your best, if you were going to lose then you would've lost normally anyway. Then if you need $300 from ADHD after the tournament is over, then ask him for it then, I don't understand why you would have a pre-existing agreement. ****ing ********.

And how can people in a community be in support of this? Don't you guys understand how horrible this looks? Hell, the Halo community half hates each other sometimes and they look miles better right now.

Jeez.
Summed up perfectly IMO. Honestly, if ADHD and M2k were going to break rules AND be dumb enough to talk about it, they deserve the ban.

And let's say they really didn't split and agreed on that after the set, it's still going to be a tough sell. As long as people knew they were doing any money splitting, gossip is bound to skew things

Lack of common sense FTL, yo.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RAN getting off.

I'm not sure what to think of the situation, nor does my thoughts mean anything. I honestly think MLG is being too harsh, and it will only hurt them since they're taking out star players that could generate good publicity.

I'm not saying what was done was right, but this has obviously been seen in many an area. I even looked at the SRK link, and saw mention of it seen in other events. ALTHOUGH, I'm sure circumstances aren't the same here as they are in those examples.

Plus, I feel SRK are full of elitist, aged, rude folks who think nothing of everything and think the world of only what they got.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Stop it. The community would care, even if Cheese was having a panic attack at a tourney or something.

But to your other posts, I think you're sniffing paint before you post or an inatimate object is posting becauseof the ignorance me and others are reading. It doesn't even feel like you are part of the community. You hardly know how us smashers feel about certain things yet you act like you're in our shoes. Just stop because it's embarrassing at this point.
"DWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM" - Dr.PeePee

Keitaro

Jeez.
Understandable. I just feel the penalty is a tad too harsh for what they are getting for this.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
This happened in melee when i think Chu and Ken were in finals, and they had an agreement to split, and went like gameandwatch vs ganon, and various other silly matchups in the finals. MLG did NOT like this at all, but neither of them got banned.
G-reg said this in ADHD's thread. It's not like ADHD and M2K played Ganon dittos, and Game 3 is the only game of their set that seems suspect imo. But if M2K decides to get hit by his own choosing or carelessness then why should ADHD be blamed at the same time? If anything M2K is the only one that deserves to be banned, and sticking ADHD with him only serves to make everybody else scared, but usually ends up making people angrier.

The burden of proof will never be upon MLG, they are private, so basically within their authority, their decisions are not restricted to the law of the courtroom. However, if indeed profit is the may goal of MLG, which I'm guessing is a safe assumption, making the (what some people would say) irrational decision to at least let ADHD back into the competition is the right choice. He's is one of USA's premier brawl players that can compete for the title as best in the world and taking him out would definitely hurt more than help imho. Diddy Kong players are also one of the more impressive players to watch from a third prespective when they link their banana combos (until they peanut camp but that's besides the point).

In Economics, one assumes that people make marginal rational decisions, but is that the case? No, in fact not even most of the time. But the world goes round, and nobody has ended the world yet. So it comes more down to utility, do you feel its worth it for Brawl to remain on the circuit? I'd say yes, but I'm biased, but if you want another community added to MLG Smash can be it. It takes more than one try to establish a solid community, and if anything MLG Dallas would be the second chance. Regardless a random like me gets no real say, but even the average joe on SWF feels something MLG.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Her name is Safara for crying out loud, all credibility was lost at birth. Welcome to the black community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom