• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Smash Ace
*****. We need to blast on a mother ****er. **** the bull****. I'ma blow somebodies ****ing head off. I'm gonna go on some columbine type ****. Fucjk MLG. **** the Bull**** y'all putting out. If y'all don't wanna **** with Jason. Then y'all ****ing with the wrong dudes. This aint even a joke. Let me find out who is running the MLG. And there WILL be blood. Houston gonna shoot it up in the big D ya heard me?
are you ****ing kidding me, do you realize that's a threat and you can get straight up jailtime for this kind of ****?

good luck bro

GREENTHUMB

Smash Apprentice
M2K I got you bro. We should get some people and shoot up the venue. Bring all sorts of guns and ****. I got people in the Dallas area so **** is possible. Whoever the TO is they best watch out.

congrats on being a giant idiot

Near

Smash Cadet
Oh come on, this is classic "he's being honest then it must be true!" here. It sounds like some poor explanation for being a hack to me, and I have no idea why everyone's going all "OH WELL EVERYTHING'S FINE NOW".

Not that I thought much of M2K before this, but yeah...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
add him on facebook, im him, pm him, make sure he knows how you feel guys...help him gather the confidence to be strong.

edit : Let him play.

-Ran

Smash Master
how would u feel waking up, hearing ur banned, not being sure what to do or why you were banned, and your friends telling you to "do this, this is the only way"

i didnt know what i did was so wrong, and i would have lost to him anyway. I still played the set for real, but because im a stupid emo idiot, and he always beats me + I had a bad controller, I didn't actually think I could win. I had no confidence at all.

ADHD did not even agree to split officially, I was just guessing that he was, I had a good guess that he would, he said to talk about it later and just play, and that's what we did. It was a good hunch I had and nothing else

u think i want to be in this situation? MLG was my life. It was seriously my life, and now this would happen. Had I known it was so wrong I would not have tried to do it

ADHD at least shouldn't be banned, he never officially said he'd split and he never gave me anything. No sets were changed and he never officially said it. He should be allowed to compete.
You signed a Pro contract that had the rules, and penalties for breaking the stricter rules that you had, including monetary ones. Everyone is at the mercy of rules whenever they enter the event, and should be fully aware of the ramifications for breaking them. Even though Adhd beat you, what would have happened if you had managed to make it close? Would he have brought up the agreement? We'll never know, because it didn't come to that. All that was seen was you going from being the undefeated MLG champion to getting beat by ADHD.

The act of having the discussion was in itself incriminating enough. Then, by approaching the situation as you both did today further exasperated the situation. Two different stories, conflicting details, and ultimately two players eventually having to fess up to lies that they both elected to create in order to make it back into the tournament. I'm not trying to be harsh, but when it comes to rules and conduct I find myself to be an emotionless arbitrator.

Just remember, the time-line ultimately was:
You entered under the rules of the tournament.
You didn't read them well enough.
You had felt you couldn't beat ADHD or Rich Brown, so you attempted to create a nonlegal agreement with ADHD.
ADHD and you fight, and you lose.
ADHD goes on to win the tournament.
ADHD agrees to give you some money which further enforces the premade agreement.
Tournament is over.
Vegas tournament occurs.
A premedidated four man split occurs.
Controversy happens from those that weren't cut into the money.
MLG releases a statement that you're banned from Dallas.
You and ADHD both make up stories as to what happened.
MLG doesn't reverse their decision.
You come clean.

I truly believe that the fall out from the Vegas tournament has a limited level of impact in this happening. It showed that you split, and were someone that was willing to create splits before an event took place. I honestly believe that if Vegas didn't go down the way it did, that you and ADHD would have been able to weather the allegations in private with MLG. Instead, the event showed precedent for your actions.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Good job with the post. I can see where MLG has the room to make the judgment call, but I can also see where you didn't necessarily see the wrong at first. Lying did no good, but at least this post came up now as opposed to never.

Good luck dude.

Near

Smash Cadet
Ran covered my thoughts, which I couldn't be ***** to post, pretty well.

Too much sympathy-fishing and not enough cold hard facts in that post for me, M2K. And stop being naive fellow posters.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Owning up to your mistake takes alot of courage to do. Especially after you were already caught, already tried to lie your way out of it and already punished appropriately. Don't give so much credit to him. If this is genuine, then he should be allowed next season ofcourse. But he isnt a 5 year old, you don't lift a punishment just because he said he is sorry AFTER he got caught and lied.

He broke the rules and then disrespected the community by lying. In time he should be forgiven, but he should be punished first.

Also there must be at least a dozen mods viewing this thread, the guy threatening to kill MLG tournament hosts should be banned. The last thing we need is for this to turn into a serious problem.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
South P ark.
lol not M2K (shiz is funny though)

Anyways it's good everything was brought to light. Sicne this is still on the topic of M2K, WHY did u play the top characters in both melee and brawl? Seemed kinda cheese to me is all.~

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You signed a Pro contract that had the rules, and penalties for breaking the stricter rules that you had, including monetary ones. Everyone is at the mercy of rules whenever they enter the event, and should be fully aware of the ramifications for breaking them. Even though Adhd beat you, what would have happened if you had managed to make it close? Would he have brought up the agreement? We'll never know, because it didn't come to that. All that was seen was you going from being the undefeated MLG champion to getting beat by ADHD.

The act of having the discussion was in itself incriminating enough. Then, by approaching the situation as you both did today further exasperated the situation. Two different stories, conflicting details, and ultimately two players eventually having to fess up to lies that they both elected to create in order to make it back into the tournament. I'm not trying to be harsh, but when it comes to rules and conduct I find myself to be an emotionless arbitrator.

Just remember, the time-line ultimately was:
You entered under the rules of the tournament.
You didn't read them well enough.
You had felt you couldn't beat ADHD or Rich Brown, so you attempted to create a nonlegal agreement with ADHD.
ADHD and you fight, and you lose.
ADHD goes on to win the tournament.
ADHD agrees to give you some money which further enforces the premade agreement.
Tournament is over.
Vegas tournament occurs.
A premedidated four man split occurs.
Controversy happens from those that weren't cut into the money.
MLG releases a statement that you're banned from Dallas.
You and ADHD both make up stories as to what happened.
MLG doesn't reverse their decision.
You come clean.

I truly believe that the fall out from the Vegas tournament has a limited level of impact in this happening. It showed that you split, and were someone that was willing to create splits before an event took place. I honestly believe that if Vegas didn't go down the way it did, that you and ADHD would have been able to weather the allegations in private with MLG. Instead, the event showed precedent for your actions.
I think M2K is just a ridiculously nice person who splits with people out of kindness to be honest.

He could be fighting scrub #24823490283 at a random tournament in Grand Finals and if the guy asked for a split he'd do it. That's just how M2K is from what I hear *shrug*

OverLade

Smash Hero