• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Triforce of Knowledge" Ganon's Match-Up Guide: Character Review, Kirby.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I've fought Zeonstar's Ganon, holy crap Ganon is a beast, but I must say that this is in Luigi's favor.

Luigi's aerials are way faster than anything Ganon has, even his fast moves. Tornado has excellent horizontal priority and godly recovery ability. Luigi's gimping game is epic because he can go as far from the stage as he feels like any still make it back. Against Ganon, it's smart to recover from above to avoid the Thunder Stomp. Luigi does well against Ganon because Ganon has no answer to Luigi's ****. However, as I learned from Zeon, keep your defense strong as Luigi's offense is ****. You MUST read your opponent well, and land moves accordingly, especially here. I can't tell you how angry I would get when he was able to land an F-Smash due to my predictability.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah, this seems like another "wait for an opening" match, for Ganon.

Floaty and good aerial speed characters is what gives Ganon a disadvantage and apparently, Luigi is both.

Delta, do you have any matches of you two (you and Zeon) fighting? If so I can get more in-depth with this match-up.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I haven't really fought any good Luigis, so I don't have any detailed opinion on this matchup (like usual...).

Here's some more general stuff:
Luigi and Mario don't, in my opinion, play alike at all. Don't use one to judge the other.

Ganon completely outranges Luigi, and Luigi is light enough to kill easily, and yet, Luigi has some pretty big advantages.
His air game is great, and his moves all come out very fast. His recovery is pretty amazing, even if it is somewhat gimpable/spikeable.
If Luigi gets Ganon in the air, ganon is going to feel a lot of pain. Ganon's aerials just aren't fast enough to compete unless Luigi makes a mistake and gives you time to use one then run into it.

If Luigi tries to approach from the air, I expect Ftilt and Uair can take him out, but odds are they won't approach that way.
I don't know for sure, but I expect the tornado can be countered with Dtilts (What is with tornadoes being so godly in this game anyway?)

All in all, I think ray is right, and Ganon has to wait for an opening in this one.

Eten

Smash Ace
Luigi short hops double aerials, his aerials are very fast and it means luigi will have a hitbox out quite a bit of the time. IE. Luigi will short hop Dair->Nair, and both will connect over the majority of Ganon's moves(dash attack, over b, etc. Luigi will hit ganon out of all of those with his dair). Ganon is heavy so it's pretty smooth going from a nair to uptilt juggle or dthrow to uptilt to aerials, blah blah, essentially lots of easy damage. Tornado clanks with most moves in the game on the ground, but it can't clank in the air so it just knocks people away all the time, usually right through their aerials. But luigi's tornado is really only for it's speed/priority and not it's damage, KO potential, so it's a good option to mix up approaching and when falling down/recovering in the air because it usually means Luigi will get to where he is going pretty safely over anything else. What it clanks with on the ground is mostly irrelevant because it's either coming in fast on lag of one of his opponent's attacks or the move, or their is no lag and you shield.

Ganon is not actually that easy to up-B KO unless you play bad and give a lot of aerial landing lag for Luigi, but he's easy enough to up-angled Fsmash KO(which is lightning fast and has crazy KO power if you didn't know). Luigi's projectiles aren't really that awesome of a projectile- just if you're winding up laggy moves or anything like that Luigi can sit back and spam away for a bit because Luigi isn't an exceptionally fast moving character and Luigi's learn to fireball you instead of walking into a smash, but he won't rely on them or anything.

This is just a really easy matchup for Luigi, heavily in Luigi's favor. Sorry.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Luigi short hops double aerials, his aerials are very fast and it means luigi will have a hitbox out quite a bit of the time. IE. Luigi will short hop Dair->Nair, and both will connect over the majority of Ganon's moves(dash attack, over b, etc. Luigi will hit ganon out of all of those with his dair). Ganon is heavy so it's pretty smooth going from a nair to uptilt juggle or dthrow to uptilt to aerials, blah blah, essentially lots of easy damage. Tornado clanks with most moves in the game on the ground, but it can't clank in the air so it just knocks people away all the time, usually right through their aerials. But luigi's tornado is really only for it's speed/priority and not it's damage, KO potential, so it's a good option to mix up approaching and when falling down/recovering in the air because it usually means Luigi will get to where he is going pretty safely over anything else. What it clanks with on the ground is mostly irrelevant because it's either coming in fast on lag of one of his opponent's attacks or the move, or their is no lag and you shield.

Ganon is not actually that easy to up-B KO unless you play bad and give a lot of aerial landing lag for Luigi, but he's easy enough to up-angled Fsmash KO(which is lightning fast and has crazy KO power if you didn't know). Luigi's projectiles aren't really that awesome of a projectile- just if you're winding up laggy moves or anything like that Luigi can sit back and spam away for a bit because Luigi isn't an exceptionally fast moving character and Luigi's learn to fireball you instead of walking into a smash, but he won't rely on them or anything.

This is just a really easy matchup for Luigi, heavily in Luigi's favor. Sorry.
I'd suggest that you play a good Ganon and then revise that opinion.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Although I play both Luigi and Ganon, I've never played against a GOOD gannon, but I can try to give some advice on fighting a Luigi, even though I couldn't guess what the actual match up percentage might be.

Luigis will almost never take a strictly ground approach, unless it's the Luigi Cyclone. Most approaches will be short-hopped double aerials. Of course, they will also probably try to bait you with fireballs. Ganon can jab the fireballs as well as dash A through them IIRC. Luigi can also speed himself up bigtime by short-hopping an aerial, and following with a Fast-Falled airdodge buffer into a ground attack (like a jab or a Dsmash). Luigi is faster than many realize, and it pays to be careful. Ganon has a good defensive game, so he must make good use of that. Thunderstomp might work well against the Cyclone, possibly, if you know it's coming. Otherwise, just shield.

Ftilt works pretty well against Luigi's aerial approaches... I heard someone say Usmash, but I wouldn't rely on that.

On the ground, Ganon certainly has the advantage. Spacing is key, obviously... Luigi's range sucks. I would use Gerudo rarely here, I think you have many better options when playing on the ground. Another thing to note is that on the ground, Luigi's KO power rivals yours. If you lose concentration and throw a super laggy attack at the wrong time, you will get the Fire Jump Punch. However, more dangerous (and Luigis will use this much more often) is the up-tilted Forward smash, which KOs ganon at 90% (or less?) and is EXTREMELY quick.

In the air, Luigi has a gigantic advantage. At low percents, if Luigi gets you into the air, you will probably get an instant 50%. Being BELOW Luigi is good, however, since Ganon's Uair can do the trick. Luigi's Utilt and his Cyclone both have VERY high priority and effectively get you into the air, as well as jab-jab-grab-Dthrow. I don't really know what you should do if you're caught in the air against a Luigi. Airdodge, I suppose.

Offstage, you can gimp Luigi well (his recovery is great distance wise, not so great gimp wise), but he can also gimp you well with his Bairs. Luigis will probably try to recover high so that you don't spike them, but you can still Uair them effectively.

All in all Luigi will do everything he can to get you in the air, so you have to use all your options not to let him. I hope that helps a bit~

Oh, and don't EVER counterpick Brinstar or Norfair, I'd CP Pirate Ship if I were Ganon.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Ganondorf can kill tornado, it's just slightly difficult because of it's speed. Your timing has to be pretty good to f-tilt it or Gerudo it. Everything you have should clank with it or beat it though.

The thing is, Ganondorf is so nasty at beating people so they have to take to the ground again. If Luigi does constantly take the air approach (which he should if the player is good,) not only does Ganon's u-air beat out all of Luigi's aerials, but so does b-air, DA, jab/f-tilt (when he is low in the air), and wizkick in some occasions. Wizkick will get beat out by b-air and d-air though, so be careful. But aside from Luigi's b-air, which it will still trade with, b-air will over power and outreach a lot of Luigi's aerial options. Even Ganon's aerials take out the fireballs if Luigi is trying to be sneaky :p. Watch out for bait double aerials, being edgeguarded, and getting f-smashed. His u-tilt and u-smash can both beat stomp for it hits, but a lot of the time it will trade. Stomp should be used pretty sparingly in this match up. Look for your openings: d-tilts, f-tilts, jabs, d-smash, tornado, lag. Gerudo is decent, it's just like stomp...Luigi's not going to be on the ground much, but look for the opportunity when he is. D-Tilt is free, DA hits when he doesn't DI.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
not only does Ganon's u-air beat out all of Luigi's aerials, but so does b-air, DA, jab/f-tilt (when he is low in the air), and wizkick in some occasions.
Didn't someone say DA was stopped by Luigi's Dair and Nair?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Yeah, DA is not a good idea to counter Luigi's aerials, and I'd also rarely use B-air because it usually doesn't work against Luigi's b-air, which comes out a little faster and has better range.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Our B-air takes a while to come out, and possesses very little range with a awkward hit box. I don't think B-air approaching would be a good idea, in this match-up, we rather leave it to retreating.

Ganon's dash attack has less priority then Luigi's aerials? I don't really agree with this..

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
B-air is a pretty quick aerial, and it has some pretty good range. It just has the least range of his aerials. But that doesn't mean much when your comparing it with the rest of the cast. Not to mention it has pretty **** good priority, and the awkward hitbox doesn't mean anything when Luigi is constantly in the air to get hit by it.

DA shouldn't get hit out of by n-air unless it's the weak part. Otherwise the only thing that could maybe break through DA is d-air....and only because luigi is above Ganon.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, Luigi has fireball camping, Tornado if Ganon whiffs an attack, and a few "combos". In a way a lot like Mario, except it's harder for him to gimp Ganon, but easier for him to score a KO.

All in all, it's definitely not a bad matchup for Ganon. You outrange him pretty significantly and stuff, not to mention you have aerial tricks of your own and priority to compete with his.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Does anyone think the way I put the information up's a bit dull?

Cause apparently I do.. I think I should change it or move it around.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Quick Note: The CF boards are discussing a Ganon matchup (and seem to imply we are going to approach with FC O.o ).

Delvro

Smash Ace
There are not many Luigi players and even fewer Ganon players that show up in tournaments (good ones anyway), so it's understandable that nobody knows the match-up.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Personnally, i would say 65-36 Luigi, but i've never actually fought a good Luigi. It's just pure theory : He can really combo us (in the airs we are very vulenrable, a lot more that on the ground), his tornado is very annoying, so are his fireballs (even if they are not as annoying as Falco's lasers).

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
well to be honest luigi just ***** ganon , his gerudo is outpriotized by fireballs and i believe tornados , his wizard clanks with nado , and he is so slow it is actually kind of reliable to shoryuken him. well ganon basically has a hard time approaching due to fireballs and and nado , if you ever fight a luigi dont pick stages with platforms luigi just ***** in those

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
well to be honest luigi just ***** ganon , his gerudo is outpriotized by fireballs and i believe tornados , his wizard clanks with nado , and he is so slow it is actually kind of reliable to shoryuken him. well ganon basically has a hard time approaching due to fireballs and and nado , if you ever fight a luigi dont pick stages with platforms luigi just ***** in those
Go play a good Ganondorf and then get back to this thread. You've obviously never done it.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll do the write up for Luigi later. Right now let's move on to another character.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I heard you need help with the match up against Samus. My opinion is that a good Samus destroys a good Ganon. The only experience with a good Ganon i've had however is with supamak (this guy is really really cool). I do know that i can drop a non-bouncing bomb on the egde and it saves me from Ganonsides everytime and helps with follow ups (i'm talking about the bomb's from my bomb video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_2ghHRTNA )

Also tether Kills Ganon recovery really bad (ie holding the ledge, hitting away to let go, and zair and a to instantly regrab and get invincibility).

The only video I have of playing a Ganon is in my combo video at 2:00 in. I think it shows how Samus can out prioritize and overpower Ganon...

Combo video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miP2_tT6-4U

I hope this was helpful, if not then I'm sorry.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Samus has mad missiles, charge shot, and Zair for spacing, so you're forced to approach. Zair can hit your head if your shield isn't 100% fresh. Her DAir is gross both on and off stage. Off stage it's a gross spike with big range and priority, and she can drop a bomb just off the side of the ledge to either disrupt your grab attempt or knock you off your grab in order to set you up for a spike. On stage she can bounce you pretty easily with the spike due to her huge lateral, floaty, aerial maneuverability.

She's got that SH flamethrower for when she's closer than missile range but still not within melee range. This is a great approach option for her because Ganon is so tall and the flamethrower stays out for so long. It doesn't deal a ton of damage, but she can buffer sh*t after landing the flamethrower and follow it up with something more legitimate.

Her DSmash has a big range and can catch you through spotdodges/rolls. DTilt is a killing move at like 115% or so and comes out quick with a good range.

Her grab is great in the sense it has huge range, but it can be punished so hard because of how long the grapple beam stays out if she misses. She'll like to fire a projectile (usually power missile) and follow it's trajectory in order to grab you through your shield as you block the missile. Most likely she'll Dthrow and then go for an aerial follow-up.

I think that's about it. I have a ton of Samus experience, so now I'll try to sum up how you deal with all of this. First, how can you approach? The basic gist of it is power shield walking, but it's more complicated because a good Samus isn't just going to fire missile cancel after missile cancel. They're going to complicate your approach with Power Missles, Homing Missiles, ZAirs, and Charge Shots. Samus's missile cancel happens when she jumps, fires a missile and buffers a second missile when she lands, so essentially it will be high missile, low missile in succession. Usually I will crouch under the high missile, walk forward and power shield the low missile. If she goes up for ZAir, spot dodge is probably your best option. Crouch is not low enough, and she can do Zairs really low to the ground. She'll also throw in homing missiles for the high missile if she sees you crouching all the time, so regular power shielding will have to ensue. You can also jab (I believe) the missiles, but I prefer to just power shield. DA clashes with all of her projectiles, even a fully charged power beam (99% sure on this).

Samus has a lot of holes in her assault. That is, there are a lot of openings in between moves in which you can make your attack. Flame Choke has a guarantee on jab follow-up. DTilt, DA, and UAir can all be used pretty much as normal and are your best options. DA can catch her under the SH flamethrower, but using DTilt will not work as the flamethrower will make contact with you before you can poke her. Thunderstorm with buffered follow-ups at close range is great. USmash bait isn't so good against her because you'll probably take a missile to the balls. UAir bait is probably the best as it will neutralize most of her projectiles if they make contact.\

overall, we're probably looking at a 30-70 Samus advantage here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Koskinator lost to Xyro, so yeah, Samus is probably a really hard matchup.

The only problem is I don't know many people who are good with Samus.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
DAD, I'm presuming you must have some knowledge about this match-up, a lot like I do.

Ganondorf obviously has to approach. Samus could space us with her Z-air, missiles, F-air and B-air.
Power shielding is the only way to deal with her Z-air, and we gotta be quick when he decide to punish.
From what I know, Samus's Z-air has two types of hit boxes, one from the tip and another from the rest of her grapple beam. If we power shield the tip of her Z-air, the only thing that we could possibly do to punish her, is a Wizard foot (which could be avoided cause of the 17 frames of start-up speed, and most likely lead to her punishing us rather then us punishing her). Though we have more options when we're a little closer in her reach that only her missiles and the other hit box of her Z-air, which I previously described, could hit us. A quick dash attack, aerial gerudo and even Jab at times, is fast enough to punish her, then.

Her missiles don't seem hard to avoid, by power shielding or jabbing into them, at first, but it gets insanely frustrating when she starts to cancel and when she starts approaching with them. Rolling behind her doesn't do anything to help, but receive a punishment.

Samus has a a small amount of chainable attacks. Almost all of her attacks connect into a Screw attack. They could be DIed out of though. Her edge options are good but limited. F-air/Up-air/D-Air, if she's able to land these from the edge she'll usually screw attack so your best bet is to shield, air dodging or trying to DI out of it, is just hopeless.

Both characters can spike, Samus could easier. It's easy to tell when she's about to spike, though. Their are times where you could get undoubtedly spiked. Something I learned, when your off stage and you're able to sense a spike coming and know you aren't able to do anything about it, our D-air's able to connect with her spike, launching her to abysses with us. Our Spike is a bit harder to set up, but it's worth the hit. We're able to survive Samus's spike at 50% below.

Be careful at close range, after suffering your way through her Z-air/Missiles she'll try to mess around with you when you've finally reached her. Your probably thinking Jab, but the lag on it is punishable by her F-smash =/. Pivot grabbing would be our best choice here, or mixing up with a fake out retreat to gerudo.

Ganondorf could actually space himself against Samus, pretty good to, retreating B-airs/N-airs.

Play more defensively, fast fall all your short hops, cancel your landing lags and so on.

Don't take direct aerial approaches, our weight (not technically) brings us down a bit fast, screw attack has a small duration,very fast speed and could reach us at a great height. Samus is another floaty and fast air character, so she could reach you quite quickly, never try approaching her in the air.. her aerials and Z-air combos are just to fast for us. Wait for her when she's about to land, even though she'll Z-air, Dash attack is fast enough to go underneath it and punish her upon landing, at times.

Stomping is good in this match-up, but only when she's not as far away as she would be to space herself. Her Up-Tilt/Up-Smash are to slow to stop our stomps, a retreating Z-air could. If our stomp lands on her shield, buffering it to a retreat could avoid most of her attacks OoS, screw attack isn't one.

We could land a half charged F-smash when she misses a grab, which could kill her at around 60-90%.

Gimping Samus, isn't easy. Down + B rolls her around back and forth, up and down, even closer in.

This match-up's in Samus's favor, 70-30, but I personally think that Ganon could do awesomely good in this match-up, by trying harder then he already is.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, I know. I mean, if Samus has really good spacing, she can Z-air all day, and Ganon really doesn't have a specific technique that punishes it effectively.

On FD, this is probably easily a 7/3 matchup. Battlefield, probably 6/4.

Ganon only has more KO power and priority on attacks in this matchup, and MAYBE better juggling. Samus is basically able to do everything else in the matchup better from what I can see. Camping, recovery, and edgeguarding. In particular, she probably is able to edgeguard Ganon very effectively.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah, I know. I mean, if Samus has really good spacing, she can Z-air all day, and Ganon really doesn't have a specific technique that punishes it effectively.

On FD, this is probably easily a 7/3 matchup. Battlefield, probably 6/4.

Ganon only has more KO power and priority on attacks in this matchup, and MAYBE better juggling. Samus is basically able to do everything else in the matchup better from what I can see. Camping, recovery, and edgeguarding. In particular, she probably is able to edgeguard Ganon very effectively.
I wouldn't say that Battlefields would help us against Samus, at all. It's worse in my opinion.

She has a easier time edge guarding us there, and her screw attack works perfectly with the platforms.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Kalm,

Yeah, I have more experience vs samus than any other character by a LOOOOOONG shot. This is the match-up that plays in my head while I'm sleeping, because MOM, my roommate, plays Samus.

DRaGZ, you're wrong about Zair. Zair isn't any harder to deal with than the rest of her projectile spam (I'm including Zair in the category of "projectile" here). Spot dodge is perfect against Zair because the move does not stay out for long at all. I ESTIMATE that you can start the spot dodge maybe 8-10 frames before the Zair would make contact with you and you'll still clear the whole thing before you're out of the dodge. I love to spot dodge to avoid Zair and then iDA if they're within range or Wiz Kick while they're landing. The best Samuses will try to maintain an almost unpredictable combination of homing missiles, power missiles, charge shots, low charge shots, Zairs, and low Zairs, but even then you will find patterns. That is, your spacing will ultimately determine which of her moves will be most effective. At long distance, she has missiles, so you power shield. At medium-long distance, she has missiles and a Zair while approaching, so you power shield any missiles and spot dodge the Zair. At medium distance, she will probably still use missiles but probably use the missile cancel more sparingly because you can avoid the high missile and DA the second one which cuts down the spacing significantly. She will more than likely be using more Zair and less missile at medium range. Finally, at close range, missiles become useless because you can power shield or destroy them and punish her lag. Zair becomes risky at close range as Kalm said because you can DA under her and connect.

Complicated? Perhaps, but once you know the match-up, it's not nearly as daunting as it might seem at first. A lot of it becomes instinct and pattern recognition.

Regarding BF vs FD, I agree with A2ZOMG. BF is better because you can use the platforms to get away from missile spam. Let me clarify though. Ganon sucks when he's on top of platforms for any prolonged amount of time. What I'll do vs Samus a lot on BF is jump up onto one of the low platforms and immediately jump to the high one and fall through it to the floor. This halves the distance between the two of you without dealing with any of the spam. This should also happen quick enough that she can't get under you with screw attack. Just having the OPTION to jump onto the platforms as quick escape route before immediately going back into the fray is a fantastic option to have. FD is just gross, especially after a long series of matches when your mind is tired and you're not power shielding as proficiently as normal. It can take ages to make the approach when this happens.

Side note: This is one of the coolest match-ups in the game. Both Ganon and Samus are amazingly cool characters to play/watch, and they both fall near the bottom of low tier.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I dunno, I think Ganon belongs to the bottom part of the tier list.

Samus is a character that is about the same rank as characters like Mario, Yoshi, and Sonic, who I'd say make up the low tier or mid-low. Meaning these characters are pretty much a different league than Ganon.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kalm,

Yeah, I have more experience vs samus than any other character by a LOOOOOONG shot. This is the match-up that plays in my head while I'm sleeping, because MOM, my roommate, plays Samus.

Side note: This is one of the coolest match-ups in the game. Both Ganon and Samus are amazingly cool characters to play/watch, and they both fall near the bottom of low tier.
Yeah, I agree. I also play a Samus everyday, so I have a fair amount of knowledge on this match-up.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I dunno, I think Ganon belongs to the bottom part of the tier list.

Samus is a character that is about the same rank as characters like Mario, Yoshi, and Sonic, who I'd say make up the low tier or mid-low. Meaning these characters are pretty much a different league than Ganon.
Nope, Samus is pretty stinkin' bad, just like Ganon. She's good against Ganon, that's true, but that's not saying much.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Nope, Samus is pretty stinkin' bad, just like Ganon. She's good against Ganon, that's true, but that's not saying much.
As far as I know, she has only 6 advantageous match-ups, and Ganon's one of them.

By the way, what was, or should be the match-up ratio for Ganon and Luigi?

Jasona

Smash Ace
i'm from the samus forums. responding to ray kalm's thread in the samus forums. i don't know much about how amazing ganon is and you probably don't know much about how amazing samus is.
samus has many REAL combos and starts combos very easily (my combo vid). ganon is a big, slow guy. so i'm betting he gets into combos easily.
by combining her fastest projectiles (zair, homing missiles and charge blasts) and good spacing, samus can build an effective wall against most characters. ganon is big and slow. his size alone makes him an easy target
samus has range and speed. all of her aerials and zair auto-cancel. her dtilt reaches ridiculous distances and is quick in and out. her zair, at the tip, has ridiculous properties and extends the zair's range to about half a stage. shield to up+b eats most attacks and is generally unpunishable

here is my plan for fighting a ganon. space myself, usually by running or pushing you away with a dtilt. build up the projectile wall, which usually consists of a single homing missile that i follow up with zairs, partial charge blasts, more homings and pushback moves. i'd either kill you with charge blasts or i'd push you off the ledge and gimp you. i think ganon would be one of those characters that i'd never really need to fight. just spam and kill at a distance
the only experience i have with ganon is playing, and winning with, him in a few random character matchs.

EDIT : my official opinion is that ganon doesn't have it good vs samus

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I wouldn't say that Samus's screw attack is not punishable. It's escapable by taping back on our tap DI (Control stick) and forward on our smash DI (C-Stick). Or something like that, can't quite remember. It's kind of hard to do, but something we should practice when fighting against Samus.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Hello Ganon boards, MOM here. Let me begin my post by describing DAD physically. He is a short, unsightly man who must wear coke-bottle glasses if he wants to play Smash effectively. He has no hair anywhere on his body.

Anyway, most of what your saying is true. Samus does have an advantage against Ganon, her Zair and other projectiles work great agaisnt big dudes. A move I add to the homing/super/zair spam is Fair. I like to jump in with nice spacing and hit DAD while he's spot dodging. The flamethrower lasts longer than the spot dodge so I get him. After DAD has navigated my gauntlet of missles and plasma, I like to missle cancel into an uptilt to catch him if hes coming high. I also love to missle spam and then grab, or pivot grab.

Another move I like to do against Ganon is to wait for him to wizard foot while I'm at the ledge, then jump to avoid and spike. It doesn't work as much as it used too cause DAD's used to it, but its fun. Oh yeah Ganon can be gimped by refreshing Samus's edge invincability with the grapple beam too. All in all a fun matchup that I love to play with my dude DAD. Hopefully we can get some videos up of our three years worth of Samus Ganon battles.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Hello Ganon boards, MOM here. Let me begin my post by describing DAD physically. He is a short, unsightly man who must wear coke-bottle glasses if he wants to play Smash effectively. He has no hair anywhere on his body.
True. All of it. MOM has ****.

Top Bottom