• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Venture

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the kind words :^)

I am the highest placing R.O.B. in all nationals (EVO & Genesis). From my travels I hear people saying they're looking for good R.O.B. videos, so definitely link mine (sorry I don't have very many at all).
No problem good sir.

Also some nice pika-**** in that anther vid, haha.

Venture

Smash Rookie
I think Yone likes to play with his food, haha. In both vids he let the snake keep his last stock WAY longer than he needed to. (a simple usmash would have ended it, but i guess he had room to mess around)

Overall though, i liked that pika.

EDIT: lol, agreeing with snakeee. That is the weirdest name....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Dayum, hurts the head watching your crazy mindgames Kinzer, hate to play against them lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man, some of the videos in this thread are REALLY impressive

this thread is really useful in that it expands game knowledge haha

Nestec

Smash Ace
I agree, definitely. I didn't know what Pikachu was capable of until I saw the videos on here. X_x

Browny

Smash Hater
kinzer please do not say that lucario was playing the MU correctly... its almost an insult to Lucario players everywhere who do all they can to kill the notion that all Lucarios spam rolldodge and fsmash >_<

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It also need a lot more Ftilt. It used no Dtil either. It wasn't bad, but didn't really play that right. Still a great Sonic, though

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
kinzer please do not say that lucario was playing the MU correctly... its almost an insult to Lucario players everywhere who do all they can to kill the notion that all Lucarios spam rolldodge and fsmash >_<
Kinzer does have one thing certain though.

The Sonic section is feeling very lonely.
I'll see if I can nominate some more recent videos, although I don't have much to show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7N0PVxrVn4 - Espy (Sonic) vs. Light (Sheik) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5p6bTHAEQ4 - Espy (Sonic) vs. Bear (D3)

The quality is iffy, and they are two months old, but at the most, they're more fresh than Shugo's video.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Certainly more correct than some other styles. >.>

Meh, was worth a shot.

Crookers

Smash Cadet
I have found this thread to be really helpful. Thank you DMG.

Also, that inui vid is the same as the chu one, and its really old. (so i'm assuming you were kidding)

altairian

Smash Lord

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why do you post such a bad video in a thread called "the best video of each character" then? Winning by running out the timer and with RIDICULOUS amounts of luck doesn't show how MK is played at his best.

Edit: OK, I got it now -______-

:059:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Gheb, he won with camping. What is so wrong about that?

If people don't want me to include the match where Dojo camps, then I'm not gonna include the match where Dojo didn't camp. Plain and simple. Personally, I'm inclined to include the match where he camps because I think that strategy quite frankly is better than approaching Falco for 90%+ of the match. This is the "Best" vids of each character thread, not the most "enjoyable" or least "boring".

I'll update this sometime Monday and let the next week cycle start.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's interesting how few top players are actually featured in this thread... I mean there are quite a few impressive videos, but there's a lot that are really mediocre. People should really go look at videos on the character boards and nominate some of those videos.

The fact that there's not a single video of ADHD in the diddy section is ********.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYoh29txtak&feature=related (for lulz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQgisYW9-s (for serious)
Nobody wanted to nominate ADHD, not even ADHD.

The OP isn't going to go out of his way to find those vids, that's almost like a second job that he wouldn't get paid for.

People are more than free to put vids up for review and all anybody can do is hope they're good enough to be put in the Hall of Honor.

That avatar. When you're done with it, I want it.

Please?

Gheb, he won with camping. What is so wrong about that?

If people don't want me to include the match where Dojo camps, then I'm not gonna include the match where Dojo didn't camp. Plain and simple. Personally, I'm inclined to include the match where he camps because I think that strategy quite frankly is better than approaching Falco for 90%+ of the match. This is the "Best" vids of each character thread, not the most "enjoyable" or least "boring".

I'll update this sometime Monday and let the next week cycle start.
DMG, telling it like it is.

As much some would hate it, it is true.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Falco is bad at dealing with MK's aircamping and planking. That's why it's a bad match-up (because without that, it's ok).

Dojo played to win, it doesn't matter if it was boring, props to Dojo for having the ****s to play this match-up at the top of the metagame.

Especially since if people never play these "gay" strategies, we'll never find a counter for them, stagnated metagame ftw!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean I can understand people saying "Oh that match is boring" like Boss (Lol Boss probably hates me for even recording my Brinstar Matches) because for some people yes it is boring and you can voice your opinion over how enjoyable it is to watch, but to say a camping match like that is terrible and then to offer a match where a player was clearly using a less optimal strategy, I'm inclinced to either toss away BOTH videos, or allow the one where the "best" or close to best strategy was used.

It's like the difference of one of my Brinstar matches and a match where I go aggressive and 0-death Snake. Sure, the second match may be more enjoyable, but if I honestly think the campier or boring match is a better representation, I'm not gonna sacrifice a match with a great lesson to learn for a match that "looks cooler" or doesn't bore you to death.

Not only that, but the way some people react, it's as if they had NO IDEA MK could camp like this, or that they were honestly Shocked at what they saw. Most players, BY NOW, should have known that MK can camp like that (and even take it further). If you honestly had no idea that MK could play this "gay", or that the camping Dojo did was allowed, then I don't think you should have the right to pass nearly any kind of judgment over that video (this isn't aimed so much at Smashboards or the posters in this thread, but on Youtube IDK how many people were like "This was illegal, Dojo should have lost" or "DEHF would have won, but Dojo played gay so it takes away from the win". If he played inside the rules, and a SBR panel agreed that he played in the rules, then anything inside those rules is fair game no matter HOW GAY it is.)

Not to mention that I thought Dojo was actually quite vulnerable at various points while camping and DEHF didn't take advantage of that much. Not to discredit DEHF as a player obviously, but I think he could have taken a more aggressive approach to stopping Dojo from camping, or at the very least make it more dangerous/risky for Dojo to camp like that.

Throwback

Smash Lord
DEHF was winning for a lot of the match anyway, then he threw it away by approaching. Why approach when you have % lead and a laser?

Dojo was too patient, DEHF couldn't handle it.

J4pu

Smash Champion
i was watching the Rykoshet Ike video and I was thinking to myself, **** this really does belong in the best videos of each character section FOR SAMUS,
I mean come on, the Samus made one stupid mistake and got fsmashed at low percent near the edge, and the ike also did one pretty sick low percent gimp, but after a whole match of the samus ****** I just don't think it should work like that...

Top Bottom