• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Jigglypuff

Snake (Ryko) vs Jigglypuff (Glick)
Uploaded: April 06, 2009

Bowyer (Jigglypuff) vs lain (Dedede)
Uploaded: April 13, 2008
(Best)

NoJ (G&W) vs Bowyer (Jigglypuff)

These are all very hard matchups against well known players. Some of them may be old, but Jigglypuff's metagame has barely changed since, and the playstyle would be considered 'current'.
NoJ V bowyer is a little too (read, 1 year) old.

The others are good jiggs vs actual players.

lain

Smash Master
Jigglypuff

Snake (Ryko) vs Jigglypuff (Glick)
Uploaded: April 06, 2009

Bowyer (Jigglypuff) vs lain (Dedede)
(Best)

NoJ (G&W) vs Bowyer (Jigglypuff)

These are all very hard matchups against well known players. Some of them may be old, but Jigglypuff's metagame has barely changed since, and the playstyle would be considered 'current'.
What are you, ******** or something? Vids coming out a month after the game comes out is NOT current.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no wonder jigglypuff is a trash character, she has teh exact same moves strats and abilities that she had 16 months ago.

what an awful character

Flayl

Smash Hero
The one I just added? I kinda added it only because of the proficiency the Marth showed (I didn't see much from the MK, wasn't impressed at all compared to the Marth).

That particular video would be a rare exception of something I would allow. Realistically, I think most of us understand the MK wasn't doing so hot/didn't show that he knew the matchup as well as Mr. R did.

If enough of you feel the video should be taken down the certainly I'll take it down.
But since they played multiple times, there is a better video than that one, surely?

Also I didn't understand why lain was so abrasive but then I saw he was featured in one of the videos :psycho:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Really? Wow. Quick learner then. This means there is definitely a better video than the 1 suggested.

Anybody care enough to choose one?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Lain vid is a year old as well.
Wow, I read that one as 09 for some reason.

Regardless, Glick's should go up.

Jiggs's general metagame seems almost identical, but it's actually different. There is lots of small and very situational stuff we have found (wavelanding is actually useful for jiggs lol) , so you never really see much, but there are subtle advancments here and there. Kinda Ganon syndrome.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Just raided AZ's video thread:

Chu for best Kirby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-z8V8pSpnQ&feature=related

t0mmy for best ROB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXTV8Q7maU

I don't know who to really nominate for this one, they both played great, so maybe both for the respective characters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBrTbQYm5r8

Now, I know Chu didn't chaingrab at all that match, but it does show a lot about how to play the ICs extremely competently without using the CGs. I think that warrants enough instructional info to make it a best video.

EDIT: Thanks, SmAsH T3r, I fixed it.

Venture

Smash Rookie
@ Skyshroud

I agree with your videos, but you posted the IC video twice instead of Chu's kirby vid (on the first link).

Also, I fully support the t0mmy vid. I was actually so impressed by the whole set (watch it people). Rob did an excellent job dealing with diddy's momentum and nanner pressure. Also, his use of glide tossing (on the nanners and gyros) was excellent. Excellent spacing and offstage game, great edgegaurding (game 2), and a double meteor cancel (only ROB baby) and that is how ROB should play diddy.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lmfao! I had the volume on full blast and half fell off my chair when he screamed.

Who was it, MikeHAZE? There should be a rule against screaming like that...lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think the screaming should be allowed. That is Mike's signature move, you get a grab and he goes "AGGGHHHHHH IMMA **** YOUR EARS AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH" lol.

I think if like the person gets close to your ear or intentionally wants to hurt your ears instead of just annoy you/throw off your timing, that it should be banned.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I think screaming shouldnt be allowed, it disrupts the entire venue and by effect other matches as well, imagine if this was wide spread with several peopele in the venue screaming. And screaming is just one step away from punching your opponent. Next grand finals im goign to have a marching band right next to one of the players

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOL marching band.

Ok if screaming isn't allowed, then louder trash talk/words of encouragement shouldn't be allowed right? I mean screaming is kinda neutral compared to trash talking or trying to be positive.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I want to see someone's anyone's jigglypuff vids, i want to see a good jigs.
Will deliver on friday/saturday hopefully. have a good jiggs in the area, and have recording equipment.

Ok if screaming isn't allowed, then louder trash talk/words of encouragement shouldn't be allowed right? I mean screaming is kinda neutral compared to trash talking or trying to be positive.
I actually agree with this, but this is coming from a competitive MTG player, so I was raised on "outside interference is a DQ for both the outside player, and the person he helped"

Boofy!

Smash Champion
lol @ screaming not allowed.. c'mon guys seriously? In almost every other competitive event there is some form of crowd participation to either hinder or motivate competitors.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
lol @ screaming not allowed.. c'mon guys seriously? In almost every other competitive event there is some form of crowd participation to either hinder or motivate competitors.
Crowd/=/player, FYI. The crowd wasn't screaming, MikeHAZE was.

That said, if you allow the crowd, you should allow screaming.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Crowd/=/player, FYI. The crowd wasn't screaming, MikeHAZE was.

That said, if you allow the crowd, you should allow screaming.
true.. but in the similar vein of what i just said, opposing players interact with each other in other competitions too.. whether it be positive encouragement, trash talk, or.. in this case.. incoherent screaming. IMO smash should be no different.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
We shouldn't have to ban screaming. You'd think the players should respect each other enough to not do it. It's like when you go bowling and someone walks on the lane next to you during your approach. Sure, you can do it, but it's disrespectful.

Cirno

Smash Journeyman
We shouldn't have to ban screaming. You'd think the players should respect each other enough to not do it. It's like when you go bowling and someone walks on the lane next to you during your approach. Sure, you can do it, but it's disrespectful.
What if I do it by accident for 8 minutes?

Infinites are terrifying.

DDDD:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
It's okay to scream like that when your opponent is using ICs, they do gay stuff to you, so you do gay stuff to them, cancels out

:D

Marching Band would be kool since they're not biased and both players would be affected by the awesome.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Screaming is a mindgaming tactic used to **** with the opponent and hopefully screw them up.

Since "don't get grabbed" is unrealistic, "ruin his grab" shall have to replace it.

Goyf's Jiggs is **** good, but that's a boring character, watch some Diddy videos ;)

NatP

Smash Ace
I know that if I ever have to play a DDD with DK, and he plays how he "should", I'd probably scream a few times or "unintentionally" pause. @.@

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It's okay to scream like that when your opponent is using ICs, they do gay stuff to you, so you do gay stuff to them, cancels out

:D
They already do gay stuff: they run away even mre than brawl encourages :p

Screaming is a mindgaming tactic used to **** with the opponent and hopefully screw them up.

Since "don't get grabbed" is unrealistic, "ruin his grab" shall have to replace it.

Goyf's Jiggs is **** good, but that's a boring character, watch some Diddy videos ;)
LOL, I was trying not to promote myself. But Jiggs is fun to watch if you don't aircamp with her, and I don't usually. (or at all, I never play A MU in tourney where it's nesecarry)

I know that if I ever have to play a DDD with DK, and he plays how he "should", I'd probably scream a few times or "unintentionally" pause. @.@
Fairly sure thats actual cheating.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
welll if you are getting infinited by ddd than you are obviously playing friendlys since its banned in all the important places, so pausing during the CG is perfectly acceptable.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
welll if you are getting infinited by ddd than you are obviously playing friendlys since its banned in all the important places, so pausing during the CG is perfectly acceptable.
Like Genesis for example (they unbanned it the week before)? It's far from banned everywhere important.

And if you are getting D3 infed in friendlies, this person is clearly an ***.

Top Bottom