• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I'm going to look for alternate links to the videos before taking them down. They've been left there to serve as a reminder to me, and hopefully so someone sees it who knows where to find it.
The Silent Spectre video with the malformed ID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHn4-Gnw7E

The Ninjalink video that is private (this has to be the one that was up there, I can't imagine which other video would be there): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41pCe5ORCY

The SilentSpectre video should be taken down, since the one with Rebaz that was just nominated is far, far better. The Ninjalink video, though, is still great.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I see. I guess I just enjoy Boss vids more, and I find my vids are boring. That is one of my better ones.

This is my fav though XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRnkQkbG0rw
I can't make to much comment on the Luigi. I'm sure he's pretty good, but that Falcon was pretty terrible. At least in that match. I've never seen any of the other guys vids, but I've played against some **** good Luigi's, and... that is not how you handle the situation.

gallax

Smash Hero
i just figured that this vid shows everything that pika can do. even though he lost to lain in the first set, he got grabbed a total of 4 times by a pro.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
While this video doesn't have the vomit inducing dominance as the one featured with SK92 vs. DEHF, I feel that this video of Seth shows Falco at a amazing and innovative level.

Yes, I know that Sethlon is a retired Falco and yes, I realize that this was a "friendly" (no johns) but I can't help but feeling as though this shows how versatile Falco is and how important it is to not play him "by the book."

There is a little chain grab, some boxing, great use of Falco's bair and excellent use of shine. I also see the last stock as something I can describe as only "patiently aggressive" where he waits for the opportunity for the kill instead of just spaming a fsmash or dsmash waiting for WEMP to choke.

Now without further nutriding...

Sethlon (Falco) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mESic2p2zCs

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I don't understand why really out of date videos are up. Whats the point in watching a match if they're doing everything wrong? Stuff that is EASILY punishable now was not so punishable months ago because people didn't know how to get around it.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I don't understand why really out of date videos are up. Whats the point in watching a match if they're doing everything wrong? Stuff that is EASILY punishable now was not so punishable months ago because people didn't know how to get around it.
Tell me the specific video, what move is being abused, and how to punish it, then I'll consider taking down the video. There are several old videos that I know aren't showing off easily punishable moves, so I'm not willing to take all the old videos down at once.

Being old doesn't mean there are highly punishable moves being abused, just as how being new doesn't mean there are no abusive moves being used. You have to look at them individually.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Anther vs SamuraiPanda. Why put that video up? All SP was trying to do was land a smash attack. I think a video of Anther vs like Spammer or Ally or Lain would be much much MUCH better. It would actually show you how to use Pikachu.

Reflex vs Kismet? Squirtles up tilt should never combo somebody to 50%....ever.

SK92 vs DEHF. DEHF was trying to avoid Falco dittos, he wanted to see if maybe he could go Marth. It obviously didn't work very well. DEHF doesn't know how to fight Falco with Marth so why is that video even up?

I don't see any point in having old videos up. So many new techniques are being learned everyday. Watching an old video is pretty pointless, you aren't going to learn anything from watching a video that is like 7-8 months old. I don't really feel like sitting down here for an hour and pointing out every little mistake people are making. I'm just gonna say that matches from November and August should be taken down.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Anther vs SamuraiPanda. Why put that video up? All SP was trying to do was land a smash attack. I think a video of Anther vs like Spammer or Ally or Lain would be much much MUCH better. It would actually show you how to use Pikachu.

Reflex vs Kismet? Squirtles up tilt should never combo somebody to 50%....ever.

SK92 vs DEHF. DEHF was trying to avoid Falco dittos, he wanted to see if maybe he could go Marth. It obviously didn't work very well. DEHF doesn't know how to fight Falco with Marth so why is that video even up?

I don't see any point in having old videos up. So many new techniques are being learned everyday. Watching an old video is pretty pointless, you aren't going to learn anything from watching a video that is like 7-8 months old. I don't really feel like sitting down here for an hour and pointing out every little mistake people are making. I'm just gonna say that matches from November and August should be taken down.
I'm sorry Samuelson, but you did give up this thread. I'm not going to take down a video just because you say it should. I'll look at the videos you've mentioned while thinking about what you've said, but if you want other videos taken down, you're going to have to say something constructive about them.

I also think people get hanged up on new techniques, when most of them don't need to be used. There are many great examples of tournaments being won by players who stuck to basics in an environment that was using all the latest tactics.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
How is he making more sense? Nevermind, I'm going to stop updating this thread. The choices I've been making haven't been supported by the community, so I'll step away for the betterment of the thread. I'll contact Ankoku and tell him I'm leaving. Anyone who wishes to take over the thread should PM Ankoku.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
loool

I'm not saying you should take down videos just because i say so. I just doesn't make sense to have matches like Aero vs DSF on there when they are like 8 months old. It gives people a false image of what the matchup should be played like when tactics like rolling behind your opponent work every time.

This thread also needs more Tyrant, Dojo, Spammer and DSF in the MK section.

If this thread REALLY needs to be taken over AGAIN then i guess i'll do it. I will try harder to keep it updated as well.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh to you, but the way I'm seeing it is that if you don't give me a reason for taking down old videos, then you are just telling me to take them down.

Anyways, good luck to you, and I see how hard it was for you to create this list. Thanks for what you've done, and it was an honor for me to take care of it for a little while.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
And I said I'd look at them. My comment about 'not just taking your word for it', was meant to be for your suggestion for taking down the rest of the August and November videos.

EDIT: I don't want to talk about this anymore since it doesn't matter. I'll be looking forward to being able to view this list again like a normal poster.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, wow... If you want to take over this thread, PM me and make sure you're willing to upkeep it for more than a month.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I took lots of older videos and videos that i don't think were very good down. I think i'm gonna do things a little bit differently. I'm gonna have multiple matches from one of the players that supposed to be the best with that character.

Just think of this as a fresh start lolol

Also, thanks to Rhyfelwyr for keeping this updated when i couldn't.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm gonna nominate a couple videos of myself, in order to show that Wario is very capable of being played aggressively, creatively, and successfully (even against characters who are spammy/campy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFa0_Ig2Gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zON6RAkzsFw

I personally don't think Wario dittos should be listed... b/c they're both exceedingly rare, and you usually get away with random, unorthodox things that don't work under most circumstances.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I don't think the dedede match should be added. The first stock omni doesn't play well and then the rest of the match is lain going for suicide kills.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Zeton - Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmdm2nFnM8

He doesn't have many videos up, and this is the only recent one I could find.

There will be vids up of him uploaded after this weekend playing against Anther's Pikachu in tournament. He did very well; Anther said he was the best Fox he's ever played.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Phantom X, you may be my new favorite person ever. Those videos were kind of extremely awesome.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Zeton - Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDmdm2nFnM8

He doesn't have many videos up, and this is the only recent one I could find.

There will be vids up of him uploaded after this weekend playing against Anther's Pikachu in tournament. He did very well; Anther said he was the best Fox he's ever played.
Wait for a better video. I can tell the fox was good but that wasn't one of fino's best. Especially considering Olimar ***** Fox and fino just isn't doing any of the right things.

Top Bottom