• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Calzorz

Smash Lord
it's a secret but i'll tell u

they hate EU marths because EU marths are winning. USA marths dont win a ****, lose to luigis and this **** so they have to be mad. they think than by saying europe sucks they'll have a good john of why they're losing in usa and european marths are winning here. they are just tired of losing, then they watch leon winning and dont understand why. thinking leon > them is ugly and doesnt make them happy, so they'll think that it's just because europe sucks and there's nothing wrong with his skills, there are just problems with european players who can lose against marth, that ****ty char that never wins in america, and it never wins there because in high level play, the one they're in, marth is bad, but in aggro stupid gameplay marth is meta-top-broken-knight so thats why these noob euro players are winning.

yea its just them that cant accept the truth. usa marths sucks and thats it. go luigi

hahahahah soo true gooo luigi !?!?! 65:35 , mikehaze disapoint me :(

Greward

Smash Lord
supermodel from paris, i aint flaming on portugal but they are somehow underlevel compared to europe

im hope u wont be mad at me portugal guys, u are nice =P but yea dont think of portugal's skills as the european ones because they hardly can pass pools at spanish tournaments, and spain is the worst one nowadays from the big countries (France, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Spain), actually im not sure if we're even into "the big countries group" lol
sorry if there's some more big country i havent named but thats how i see it now

ErikG

Smash Ace
I think the problem is because every EU Marth video is pretty much pure aggro, and here in NA the playstyle that developed is based on safety and better defensive positioning. So the super offensive aggro playstyle just seems out of place and feels like it shouldn't be that effective to American viewers.

Both EU and NA have good Marths. I do not feel any are better, but I find EU to be far more entertaining.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I am aware, Greward. :) In Portugal I am probably a top 2 player (I have not played NatP yet, I hear he's good, but I was able to beat everyone else pretty convincingly last Thursday after some practice with them) but in the US I am barely above average, and my tourney placings are crap because I have awful nerves in tourney. :(

But don't sleep on Portuguese players, there are players here with lots of potential. They need exposure to the rest of Europe, but BigLord in particular has a really impressive Marth and Falcon. Also there's a new player here, is ridiculously good given he has only been playing a little while from what I've been told.

And yeah the community here is super nice.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, personally I love Germany's players, mainly because they have like two sheiks there, and some good others too.

Yeah, ICs would probably fix Euro's aggro and neutral stage metagame pretty quickly ;)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Lol. I've never seen an EU ICs, so they all have match-up johns I'd think. Still... If a japanese IC came to one of their tournaments they'd get wrecked so hard, where as I don't think US players would.
Sure, because EU = Glutonny and Leon only.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sure, because EU = Glutonny and Leon only.
They are two of probably the top 3 in europe. Sorry for assuming that the best players.... are the best players. Lol?

In Leon's recent set with that ICs player he wrecked him pretty hard, so I wouldn't say that. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvh_w9M1Pw

He didn't do it by camping.
I guess, but that ICs (at least just by watching) isn't nearly as good as any of the good japanese ICs, and even the top US ICs.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
US has no "top" level ICs .... and you guys would get ***** by japanese ICs just as much lol

Edit: And just because they are two of the 3 most successfull players doesn't mean they can play all match-ups well.

:059:

Flayl

Smash Hero
I am aware, Greward. :) In Portugal I am probably a top 2 player (I have not played NatP yet, I hear he's good, but I was able to beat everyone else pretty convincingly last Thursday after some practice with them) but in the US I am barely above average, and my tourney placings are crap because I have awful nerves in tourney. :(
I really don't like bringing this up in general metagame threads or whatever, but why would you drag Portugal into this?

Also didn't you lose more than win against BigLord? You're also forgetting another portuguese player, if you want to know who just post in the portuguese social.

Bottom line is that I'm aware Portugal is bad, this is news to nobody. I'm painfully aware of how inept I am every time I play the game.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
US has no "top" level ICs .... and you guys would get ***** by japanese ICs just as much lol

Edit: And just because they are two of the 3 most successfull players doesn't mean they can play all match-ups well.

Meep before he quit. He's the reason M2k even invented scr00ging because he was gonna lose if he didn't do it lol. Beat both Adhd and Ally in the past. Etc...

Luigi player

Smash Master
They are two of probably the top 3 in europe. Sorry for assuming that the best players.... are the best players. Lol?
The best players aren't necessary the best players in every MU. Especially if the MU is so much different than every other one.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
In Leon's recent set with that ICs player he wrecked him pretty hard, so I wouldn't say that. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvh_w9M1Pw

He didn't do it by camping.
In the same tournament this happened:

That's why they have problems with basic 09 ICs who just blizzard and grab, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXELThrL7vE

:troll:
Fastest first matches I ever saw, and not in the good way lol.

Also notice that in these matches, he didn't drop CGs.

@Gheb: Dully noted, I was under the assumption that most of EU's players like BluB and the like vie for a more offensive approach.

Although we do have good ICs here, Ally, Vex, Vinnie, and Hylian are pretty legit. Maybe not on JP's caliber, but enough so that we aren't completely clueless against stuff like blizzard walls (how do I shot SDI?) and basic desynch shenanigans.

Laem

Smash Champion
To expand on gulls post
where the hell are the US IC's right now? Does any1 even play IC's except for g&w mains(this includes hylian cuz im lazy like that)?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
To expand on gulls post
where the hell are the US IC's right now? Does any1 even play IC's except for g&w mains(this includes hylian cuz im lazy like that)?
Well Lain is off and on, but he's very consistent in terms of placings. 9th at Apex and I know he always gets top placings at nationals/regionals/locals.

Meep actually came back to a tourney a month ago and destroyed Inui, Takeover, and Speed to get 5th. He lost to Junebug (Lucario is hard for ics :bee:) and Malcolm (I don't think he's played a Wario as good as Malcolm).

Alphicans

Smash Hero
To expand on gulls post
Yeah the IC's metagame in the US is to pretty much have them as a co-main, and have the other main good on all of their bad stages. This way you get a free **** CP no matter what.

So I don't think any of the ICs in the US are really close to the japanese ICs, but definitely better than what I saw from that european IC.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb: Dully noted, I was under the assumption that most of EU's players like BluB and the like vie for a more offensive approach.
BluB is a lot campier than he appears, mainly because of how fluid he is and how he likes to go for the Dacus in certain situations. Ramin's list from above gives you a pretty good idea on the players who prefer defensive play over aggression ... and the only frenchies in that list are MK players.

does EU do doubles much?
Our doubles meta-game isn't really far advanced at all imo.

So I don't think any of the ICs in the US are really close to the japanese ICs, but definitely better than what I saw from that european IC.
What EU ICs have you seen other than Myollnir who is really young and has very little tourney experience?

Let's not draw hasty conclusions. The only thing we *know* for sure is that Myollnir has not been playing well in these videos and it's apparent that Leon and Glutonny aren't good at the match-up.
And based on that [2-3 videos!] you conclude that *all* of EU sucks against IC, that we have no good IC players and are generally too aggressive to deal with them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He dropped them as main long ago and only used them as pocket 2nd ... I haven't seen him actually use them since last summer.

But he's also one of those players from Europe that can be quite campy alongside Gregs. And T!

Greward

Smash Lord
ok guys lets see a gluttony and leon vid

now we know everything about europe yay

we dont really play doubles too much, at least spain doesnt

hate ya too ramin ;)

Laem

Smash Champion
Myollnir ain't bad xd
istud used ics to beat gregs @ the latest dutch tourney
but yeah, definitely as a barely used secondary

Calzorz

Smash Lord
loool , "gluttony is bad vs iceys" that makes all top europe players bad man , i know for a fact that peirce says glutony will get ***** by all decent d3s and iceys in u.s , probs not true after all it comes from peirce but i know im good vs d3 and iceys so let zorz camp away and **** them desync's SON

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Okay guys, this is getting too much. Let's just settle on some facts here. At least from the videos that seem to get put up, Europe has a MUCH more aggro style. This would explain why these recent videos show better players going pretty even with a worse, but still very solid ICs player. We'll have to wait and see who has the better Marths and ****, but it's ridiculous to claim that any of you know just from videos of people fighting their own continents. God though you people.

:phone:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ok guys lets see a gluttony and leon vid

now we know everything about europe yay

we dont really play doubles too much, at least spain doesnt

hate ya too ramin ;)
Dude, you're from Spain, right?

Get more footage of Edu, that guy's sheik is sexy.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Why are you guys arguing over something you currently can't prove?

Hype it up for Apex.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Okay guys, this is getting too much. Let's just settle on some facts here. At least from the videos that seem to get put up, Europe has a MUCH more aggro style. This would explain why these recent videos show better players going pretty even with a worse, but still very solid ICs player. We'll have to wait and see who has the better Marths and ****, but it's ridiculous to claim that any of you know just from videos of people fighting their own continents. God though you people.

:phone:
All will be decided at Apex 2012

Edit: Ninja'd by the guy who's free v. Diddy Kong ;P

Laem

Smash Champion
Which vid (between two notable players) displays the ideal American playstyle most optimally?

Top Bottom