• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mr-R is from Netherlands [@Falcon]
Light is from Germany and Izaw is from Sweden [@Sheik]
Staco is from Germany and Anaky is from UK [@Snake]
Semifer is from Germany and Orion is from Netherlands [@Wolf]
Yami is from France [@Yoshi]

LP [Diddy] vs Semifer [Wolf] was not included in the OP even though it's far better than any other new vid in the OP? Shame ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXYfRbZYJk

Watch it and reconsider.

:059:
1. Techinically, Orion is from the US.
2. stop being a prick. saying that semifers vid is so clearly better than all the other vids is super presumptuous unnecessarily.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
1. Techinically, Orion is from the US.
2. stop being a prick. saying that semifers vid is so clearly better than all the other vids is super presumptuous unnecessarily.
I agree with you for once Mr. Flournoy.
LP [Diddy] vs Semifer [Wolf] was not included in the OP even though it's far better than any other new vid in the OP? Shame ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXYfRbZYJk

Watch it and reconsider.

:059:
I feel insulted by that. Why would my MM with Ally have less merit/worth then a match of LP going insanely aggro when he has no need to and beating Semifer?

Seagull :wolf: vs Lie :diddy:
^
This match is basically the same as LP vs Semifer except Lie reads and camps like a Diddy should.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Diddy isn't even good at camping.
He IS, however, good at approaching. Why would someone not take advantage of that?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually, reverse of that. He's great at camping.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
How, exactly? peanuts are beaten by everything and banana's shouldn't be a large threat to anyone who has good item control.
diddy's camping game is a gimmick...

He's awesome at approaching because he can force people into bad situations with bananas, bair, and side b

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's good at camping because he's very mobile on the ground and has good options from shield compared to a lot of the cast. He can place himself outside your proximity and rotate through stuff.,

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
aight so diddy has a banana on the ground in front of him, and another in his hand.

he shoots peanuts at you to force you to approach.

you say, im going to maneuver around these peanuts and hit diddy. chances are if your going to go under the peanut, youre going to fall on the banana in front of him, free smash attack. if you go over it, he looks at you to see where your going to land, glide tosses a banana to that spot while moving away from said spot to be super safe. free combo.

you say, im going to catch this peanut and use it to help me aproach him. he decides to throw his banana at you at the same time you throw the peanut at him. banana destroys peanut and hits you, free combo.

you say, im going to pick this banana up and use it against him. if you pick it up with a dash attack, aerial, or air dodge, he can punish it with teh banana in his hand, free combo.

you say, im going to ignore these dumb projectiles, and just go straight for the diddy. diddy can cancel peanuts into shield at any point in time and holding a banana basically gives him a free combo off of almost any aerial in the game that touches his shield.

anything that you try to do that involves jumping basically gets ***** by diddy walking up to where you are going to land, glide tossing the banana down while moving away from you. and anything that you try that makes you hit his shield, is punishable by a Gtoss out of shield.

diddys amazing at camping because he can just sit back and wait for you to make mistakes for the entire game. can he be agressive and force you to make those mistakes? sure. but he can just as easily sit back and camp it out so the other guy has to do all the work.

Laem

Smash Champion
aight so diddy has a banana on the ground in front of him, and another in his hand.

you say, im going to maneuver around these peanuts and hit diddy. chances are if your going to go under the peanut, youre going to fall on the banana in front of him, free smash attack. if you go over it, he looks at you to see where your going to land, glide tosses a banana to that spot while moving away from said spot to be super safe. free combo.

you say, im going to catch this peanut and use it to help me aproach him. he decides to throw his banana at you at the same time you throw the peanut at him. banana destroys peanut and hits you, free combo.

you say, im going to pick this banana up and use it against him. if you pick it up with a dash attack, aerial, or air dodge, he can punish it with teh banana in his hand, free combo.

you say, im going to ignore these dumb projectiles, and just go straight for the diddy. diddy can cancel peanuts into shield at any point in time and holding a banana basically gives him a free combo off of almost any aerial in the game that touches his shield.

anything that you try to do that involves jumping basically gets ***** by diddy walking up to where you are going to land, glide tossing the banana down while moving away from you. and anything that you try that makes you hit his shield, is punishable by a Gtoss out of shield.

diddys amazing at camping because he can just sit back and wait for you to make mistakes for the entire game. can he be agressive and force you to make those mistakes? sure. but he can just as easily sit back and camp it out so the other guy has to do all the work.
Ok so approaching a camping diddy is hell.
you forgot the part where diddy is basically outcamped by every character with a projectile except like dedede.

Seagull: are you seriously saying lie is better than LP. I mean i know u think EU sucks but REALLY?!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So, not being able to camp as good as Falco... means he's bad at it? I mean where are you going with this? Someone said he sucks at camping and should approach, counter argument is that no he's actually good at camping because he has a lot of flexibility and safety, and the counter to that is... he can't do it as well as people with guns?

There's also a lot of projectiles out there that he does outcamp. I mean even if you're not talking about "dumb" stuff like Luigi fireballs.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ok so approaching a camping diddy is hell.
you forgot the part where diddy is basically outcamped by every character with a projectile except like dedede.

Seagull: are you seriously saying lie is better than LP. I mean i know u think EU sucks but REALLY?!
I didn't say Lie was better. I just stated LP is too aggro for no reason and he'd benefit more from camping.

I don't think Europe sucks. I was just salty about Gheb's comment.

Laem

Smash Champion
So, not being able to camp as good as Falco... means he's bad at it? I mean where are you going with this? Someone said he sucks at camping and should approach, counter argument is that no he's actually good at camping because he has a lot of flexibility and safety, and the counter to that is... he can't do it as well as people with guns?

There's also a lot of projectiles out there that he does outcamp. I mean even if you're not talking about "dumb" stuff like Luigi fireballs.
all I'm saying is
peanuts are relatively BAD.
therefore diddys camping in the sense of projectilewise damageracking is relatively BAD.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

So many holes in this.
Sooooooooooo many holes in this.

If you go under, and the diddy doesn't throw his banana at you, free banana. if you go over, diddy can only realistically cover a small portion of the stage with his glide tosses, know those distances, and stay out of them. If you happen to mess up and you're about to land on a banana, fast fall onto it and grab it with z/airdodge.

Grabbing a peanut is a horrible idea. Horrible.

z

Yeah, you don't do this.
It's all about controlling the banana.

Already covered this.

Basically all of the situations you covered can be beaten by just playing smart and knowing how to use items effectively. I didn't even talk about the option to just sit back and do nothing until the banana on the ground starts flashing. The diddy is forced to take action at that moment, he will either throw the first one up or glide toss it down and grab the second one, or he will just let it disappear and wait to grab a new one. React to whatever he does and punish accordingly.

I repeat, diddy's camping is a gimmick. People got ***** by it because they didn't know how to handle bananas.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think Diddy's banana camping is strong, but not overpowered. Definitely not a gimmick but not as tough as people believe. Brawl gives too many easy defensive options against item-projectiles.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
all I'm saying is
peanuts are relatively BAD.
therefore diddys camping in the sense of projectilewise damageracking is relatively BAD.

you realise that people get camped out by marth and MK regularly and neither of those two has a projectile right?

@ boofy
this is what I think of D1aos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlN7Y31IW98

hes a cool kid but still has a ways to go. probably my favorite sonic thats not as good as me.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

you realise that people get camped out by marth and MK regularly and neither of those two has a projectile right?

@ boofy
this is what I think of D1aos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlN7Y31IW98

hes a cool kid but still has a ways to go. probably my favorite sonic thats not as good as me.
You don't get it. He's not making a universal statement. He's just saying Diddy's camping sucks because he gets outcamped. Y'get it?

Laem

Smash Champion
Everybody should probably just stop talking period cuz were all suboptimal in every way.

Top Bottom