• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That was why they're both on 1st and 2nd.

It'd be nice if they posted results of this year since they know the most where they've placed and who've they beaten, but ye ol' kirby boards is almost lifeless.

falln

Smash Ace
$0.02

If we're going by the criteria of looking back 1 year, then I definitely think I should still be in front of Chu.

If we're only 4-6 months then I guess I can see him taking back his spot until I get more **** done.

The way I see it, for the last year I've had about 6 months of really good results (the ones i used to get to the #1 spot in the first place), and then 6 months of decent results where I would place according to my seed and not really beat anyone.

Chu on the other hand has had 6 months of 0 results due to his inactivity and 6 months of really good results with the people he's been playing in his region.

Really good + decent > really good + inactivity

Also theres like 3 national/semi nationals coming up (SKTAR, Whobo, ReveLAtion) and I'm going to 2 of them.

From a national perspective my most was Genesis 2 (not counting LSC although it did pull a lot of different regions) where I made it out of pools and lost 2 close sets to rain and trela, whereas Chu drowned in apex pools. Granted I don't really want to say Genesis difficulty = Apex difficulty (especially because I don't know exactly what Chu's pool was), but I think it would make more sense at the very least to wait until after results from those nationals are pulled in before confirming a decision

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wanna try and fight for a spot now. Im probrably setting my self up to get trolled or hurt again by all this but I think I might have figured out a solid way to play with Peach now. I came up with this a few days ago and it seems to be working great. Feels like melee again. And I have never played this way before. Had to even NinjaLink help me out. I just have a problem playing like this with one character (no, MK is not the problem, this style makes me Tolorate him more) And I'll figure it out 2morrow since I can sit down with a player/character for hours at a smash fest to get it. NL would be the only person that knows about how I'll be using her since he helped me out. So it's mostly a surprise.

Im gonna start with Sktar. If I go with what I been working hard on for days, I should be able to do fine. Just have to deal with my tourny nerves/heavy anxiety. Thats the big problem. But i'm gonna get someone to coach me in matches to calm me down. So starting with this tourny, I like to start being qualified for a spot. I don't care if I end up last. Im doing to see maybe having some current goal for this game might help me out (despite playing for something on the line gives me the nerves).

Ugh....idk what I am doing anymore to a point im just a mess competitive-mentally. But I do wanna try again. I just need support cause I can't seem to do things on my own.

kismet2

Smash Ace
lol no you'd be surprised how many people play for other than themselves. that's why alot of people can't see things that good players can or keep the same mindset. at one point i forgot this and i became a terrible player. not everyone has the playing to win mindset.

kismet2

Smash Ace
of course anyone you ask will say they play to win. some people have a different definition for winning as in playing for people's respect and money but i was talking about a good mindset and that the best mindset to have is to play for yourself and no one else.

EDIT: let's discuss players sorry if this got off subject because of my post. the diddy list is looking rather bad

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
of course anyone you ask will say they play to win. some people have a different definition for winning as in playing for people's respect and money but i was talking about a good mindset and that the best mindset to have is to play for yourself and no one else.

EDIT: let's discuss players sorry if this got off subject because of my post. the diddy list is looking rather bad
so does the Captain Falcon one.

kismet2

Smash Ace
i'm probably gonna be on that list but are there any characters that need to be updated? i don't know if the chu/falln thing was over with

falln

Smash Ace
im kinda competing with a ghost right now

ive listed all my wins and **** and given my reasoning and the main opposition is just random people saying chu for 1st lol

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
You're right, I never should have thrown in my two cents. The two of you know better than anyone else, the problem is that there are no concrete measures for determining the order of any list on this thread. The opinions of "random people" shouldn't really matter. Its up to Illmatic to come up with a consistently fair and all-encompassing method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom