• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
TKD doesn't beat as many high lvl ppl as Nakat(seemingly, plz educate me if I'm wrong). TKD is an extremely great fox but Nakat is SOLID like Yui. Granted Nakat is in a better region & blah blah blah

Didn't Nakat get 13th? & he has a win over Trela... he lost 2 ESAM & I think RB @ Sktar?

o & Salem is NOT better than NickR

:sonic:

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Pretty sure that TKD could easily be above Nakat if he were more active in the US. Comparing Nakat to Yui is blasphemy though!

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I know WC doesnt post alot of results, but what makes you think TKD doesnt beat high level people. And if Trela is the only high level win you can come up with you can hang that up. Thats not even a tough matchup for Fox and its not like Houston has great fox experience. Its a good win, but its pools and its certainly not nearly enough to put him over TKD.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Trela is one of the best players on the planet, it's so evident when I watch his composure in any situation and the sheer fluid control of his character. He's going to go even beyond what he was able to display at SKTAR. Hold me to that.

Cassio

Smash Master
Well you should consider Nakats other wins. From what I understand Trela has a bit of a problem vs Fox, and half his loss to Z at apex was to Z's Fox (which I think I remember hearing wasnt close). Granted Z's Fox is extremely legit too (and Falco, and Samus), but he doesnt use him as much.

BTW TKD is 5th on the SoCal PR, I cant quite recall all the wins and losses that were gone over though but theyre there.

West Coast is here *****es they runnin ****.
I see this and hear it in her voice and cant stop laughing, rofl.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I still visit this thread every day, I just don't know what needs to be changed.
Someone tell me and I will.

Seems like Metaknight has been debated the most lately.
Put me on the ZSS list.
I got 4th at IMPULSE, beating Luckay4Lyphe, Firefly, Zinoto, MJG and Swordgard, losing to Dabuz and Mr.R.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324899
The tourney was kinda messy and for some reason the bracket hasn't been posted in the OP yet, but someone recreated it here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14670451&postcount=138
(I beat Luckay in pools)

I also got 3rd at my 2 most recent tournies before IMPULSE, beating Holy at one of them.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323578 - Beat Holy at this one
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319714

I've also been doing well at tournies before these if you want me to bring those up as well.

Gnes

Smash Master
Why are people arguing about Diddy? All of you who aren't ADHD/Gnes do the same exact generic **** anyway. Just like Yoshis that aren't Karamity/Zudenka.
no, i'm like the only diddy infiniting ppl
dekar was doing it like 2 years ago >.>
-dead-

Trela is one of the best players on the planet, it's so evident when I watch his composure in any situation and the sheer fluid control of his character. He's going to go even beyond what he was able to display at SKTAR. Hold me to that.
LOL u guys have no idea. Trela eats and sleeps smash.

Well you should consider Nakats other wins. From what I understand Trela has a bit of a problem vs Fox, and half his loss to Z at apex was to Z's Fox (which I think I remember hearing wasnt close). Granted Z's Fox is extremely legit too (and Falco, and Samus), but he doesnt use him as much.

BTW TKD is 5th on the SoCal PR, I cant quite recall all the wins and losses that were gone over though but theyre there.
Honestly, Trela has problems with alot of the midtiers because he doesn't have experience against them(save maybe peach). I figured nakat would beat him.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
How can you even tell if Nakat went all Fox? He goes MK, ICs, and Fox against people it's foolish to just credit 13th placing to solely Fox lmao (he went ICs on Shugo first game in bracket, then ended up getting Fox vs Shugo's MK 3rd game)

Do you guys ever research before you make claims in here? Like wtf lol

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say I'm much of a camper tbh. And Zudenka is very flashy but I think he's very overrated by many. He lost to CF :c

Edit: Player-1 as a number 3 Diddy doesn't seem right btw. Sorry dude but I saw you lose a mm to a random MK at Sktar. An MK I 2-0'd at Apex when the mu is like -3 for Yoshi.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Very few people only play one character in tourney. I love the solo mains like
Gnes
Razer
MVD
Trela
ADHD
etc

I'm trying to get my boy Larry to drop mk. His falco is so sexy. Going 110% falco will take it to even farther heights.

When you try and achieve the impossible you unlock hidden potential and powers!

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
How can you even tell if Nakat went all Fox? He goes MK, ICs, and Fox against people it's foolish to just credit 13th placing to solely Fox lmao (he went ICs on Shugo first game in bracket, then ended up getting Fox vs Shugo's MK 3rd game)

Do you guys ever research before you make claims in here? Like wtf lol
They don't research what they say at all. It's like when someone says -insert person here- is inactive when the person stated goes to a tournament like once a month or some ****.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I guess Gnes is a solo MK now.

Didn't Karamity come over here and lose or am I thinking about another Yoshi no one apparently cares about.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I guess Gnes is a solo MK now.

Didn't Karamity come over here and lose or am I thinking about another Yoshi no one apparently cares about.
Oh yea I forgot that gnes goes mk now. Well the dark side is very tempting :urg:
Don't judge him many have fallen. He will come back to the light. His diddy is too sexy.

You get my point tho.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I don't blame him at all, Mekos. He plays who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. If he does go back and play Diddy, that's okay too.

No judgement here. And yeah.

Cassio

Smash Master
I dont think it really matters who Gnes goes in Texas for most ppl. iirc was still beating almost everyone with TL too, at important tournaments I usually see him as diddy.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Very few people only play one character in tourney. I love the solo mains like
Gnes
Razer
MVD
Trela
ADHD
etc

I'm trying to get my boy Larry to drop mk. His falco is so sexy. Going 110% falco will take it to even farther heights.

When you try and achieve the impossible you unlock hidden potential and powers!
Gnes has been playing MK recently iirc
I believe Razer is picking up ICs as a secondary

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Gnes has been playing MK recently iirc
I believe Razer is picking up ICs as a secondary
Word!? Wow...:urg:

Things can be done man. Ally was ****** Esam's pikachu at SKTAR. But I understand. It is hard to only play one character. Counter picking characters is the more logical thing to do.

@Kura - I know right...lol. Don't worry there are still a few solo mains out there. ADHD will continue to hold the diddy torch. He is coming back guys! He said SKTAR inspired him!!
The thing I love about that is that ADHD is such an amazing player but still has a lot of room to grow! That is a good thing. For example, he has not mastered the banana infinites for tourney use. And he also goes really aggro when he should be more patient at certain times.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea I'm pretty sure Gnes just uses MK and Toon Link out of boredom (or perhaps to help Trela practice for MK legal OoS). Its not like its helping him beat Trela/Razer/Pwii any more than he already did (or didn't). Recent results suggest he might be the best MK around already.

Lets fight about ZSS again. I still don't see how V115's impulse wins would put him over Bio. I don't consider Luckay or Firefly (the yoshi main right?) notable wins. I think beating Pj/Fliphop/Gnes (MK)/ Razer is better than Zinoto (tho v115 looks pretty dominant in this matchup), MJG and Swordgard (smoom might be better ICs and Bio beats him iirc).

Keep in mind I'm not suggesting that fliphop>zinoto or pj>mjg.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think beating Pj/Fliphop/Gnes (MK)/ Razer is better than Zinoto (tho v115 looks pretty dominant in this matchup), MJG and Swordgard (smoom might be better ICs and Bio beats him iirc).

Keep in mind I'm not suggesting that fliphop>zinoto or pj>mjg.
o.o
Zinoto is literally the first Diddy player I've ever faced in tournament that wasn't a complete random. I just knew the infinite and I ****ed with his head. Other than the infinite, it had nothing to do with the MU XD

Tesh

Smash Hero
o.o
Zinoto is literally the first Diddy player I've ever faced in tournament that wasn't a complete random. I just knew the infinite and I ****ed with his head. Other than the infinite, it had nothing to do with the MU XD
Iono, it looked like you really ran circles around him regardless. I'm just giving you credit here for being (apparently) much better at the matchup than Bio.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We went over this. Gnes MK not the best but you could make an ok case for like 5th-8th best.

Mekos yes we all know the inspiration for going solo. It's really damn hard. Even strong characters would love to not have to deal with their worst MU's.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
haha i hear ya. It's funny because right now alot of the the top mk players are complaining about Ice-climbers...

Blows my mind cuz they are the freakin best character in the game.

There is always another mountain you will have to climb. Some are higher than others.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I dont think it really matters who Gnes goes in Texas for most ppl. iirc was still beating almost everyone with TL too, at important tournaments I usually see him as diddy.
Yeah, I agree with this unfortunately.

Iono, it looked like you really ran circles around him regardless. I'm just giving you credit here for being (apparently) much better at the matchup than Bio.
Yeah, I could use some work on the Diddy matchup (thanks, another question for the boards :)) and it doesn't help that I don't play him often in tourney. I definitely wanna get as good as V115 with the infinite. In fact, with Gnes around, I NEED to.

I still visit this thread every day, I just don't know what needs to be changed.
Someone tell me and I will.

Seems like Metaknight has been debated the most lately.
I gave performance history since your last of update of all ZSS mains I could recall (there is now SKTAR to consider, though, that Salem and DRN entered). Not to rush you or anything. Just a reminder.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Looked like?
My set with Zinoto wasn't on stream, and I'm pretty sure we didn't save the replays. Perhaps you're thinking of when I faced Ninjalink in the crew battle, but...Zinoto > Ninjalink XD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
haha i hear ya. It's funny because right now alot of the the top mk players are complaining about Ice-climbers...

Blows my mind cuz they are the freakin best character in the game.

There is always another mountain you will have to climb. Some are higher than others.
That Lucas mountain though...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Looked like?
My set with Zinoto wasn't on stream, and I'm pretty sure we didn't save the replays. Perhaps you're thinking of when I faced Ninjalink in the crew battle, but...Zinoto > Ninjalink XD
All those diddys look alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom