• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm pretty sure he meant a lower level MK in general, guys.

I agree with Mr. R being the overall best :marth: vs :metaknight:s as well. Literally every facet of his style is built to respond to everything MK does in the most optimal ways possible; and he tends to recover the safest while Mike can find himself stranded at times. Both are pretty godlike on stage though.

Then again...I think after what Leon displayed, he should not be slept on at all. With a couple more tweaks, he could very well make it a three-way contention for best Marth. We all saw what he did to Larry (it's...kind of scary what Leon can do once he gets momentum, as displayed in that set), and he went toe-to-toe with Nairo for the most part (though I'm sure some of it has to do with Nairo being very aggressive which is something Leon is comfortable with). Needless to say, it's nice to see some Marth gameplay truly blossom against some of the top players in the world. Very exciting stuff.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
^anti honestly Mr.R is better vs MK. Tyrant himself said it to ramin when i was at mikes house. Tyrant plays mike all the time. Mike might be the best marth against your mk, thats probably a playstyle thing. Butttttt Mr.Rs better vs MK. Mike will lose to much lower level mks than you like seibrik or rain. He also loses to tyrant pretty much every time they play and i witnessed Mr.R beat tyrant in a set even though it was a friendly set. Regardless Mike is still a hella good player and your point still applies to the rich anuar point.
That's like me saying Gnes is better than ADHD since I play ADHD millions of times, he's played Mike in like 25+ tournament sets so obviously if he plays Mr.R he will be thrown off by the **** he does and would crown him as the best Marth vs MK.

Idk, I've played both of them in serious sets and just think Mike has that edge, it's just my opinion.

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeah, most people in socal acknowledge Tyrant is familiar with Mikes style on a personal level. Theyre both great at different things, imo too hard to tell who's better at the MU.
that doesnt mean i dont play people outside of my region? ive beaten people like havok mr.r leon trela razer gnes to name just a FEW i have beaten outside of this region and that doesnt count? cause its around my region? now i think you really are an idiot lmao
nah its not like that. I 100% acknowledge and respect your accomplishments including the ones you have over anti. But he has relevant accomplishments you dont that need to be respected too.
Cassio I usually love your post and even summon you to help explain my posts.

...But Nairo is the truth man. I agree with you he needs to travel to WC to see how he would do without the home field advantage.. But his results are so great that that doesn't even matter.
He just won SKTAR and got third at APEX 2012. SKTAR was a super stacked tourney. Mike Haze tourneys are huge but aren't nearly as stacked as SKTAR was. SKTAR from round 1 had some tuff matches. Round 2 had all intense matches. The only tourney that has been more stacked from 2011-2012 has been apex 2012.
Thanks. Id already given up trying to argue anti over nairo 10 pages ago. Theres definitely a good case for him, never disagreed with that. Just certain people were attempting to dismiss the relevant opposing concern or personally attack me for what looked like bandwagon nonsense (not most, just some peeps).

Tesh

Smash Hero
I smell Elev vs Jebus money match.

Its not like he thinks he is top 2 quality. All you other Diddy mains are pretty meh so if he loses to Elev I don't see how that makes him worse than the other mediocre Diddy Kongs.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I guess it's not a really bad loss (didn't know he was 2nd in AL), but not a loss that should be coming out of a top 5 diddy (especially when you are arguing that you're top 3 material)
It's not fair to look at it in such terms.

I mean, on paper, #2 is right below #1. Does that mean that a Top 5 Diddy losing to me is only slightly more acceptable than the "he should NOT be losing to that guy" applied to elev8?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It's not fair to look at it in such terms.

I mean, on paper, #2 is right below #1. Does that mean that a Top 5 Diddy losing to me is only slightly more acceptable than the "he should NOT be losing to that guy" applied to elev8?
You're considered the best Wario though and the ICs list is probably as hard to get into as the Diddy list. I feel that if Player-1 is on this list, he should pretty much only be losing to other players on this list. This list is pretty dumb sometimes though and maybe Elev8 should be on there

Tesh

Smash Hero
I know I'm better than Player-1, but our next big tournament is in August .
If you are talking about embarrassing losses, didn't you lose to tearbear's lucas or something (2stocked right?) in tournament/MM. This really just comes back to the same thing about how inconsistent you all are under ADHD/Gnes.

Right now you are all picking out little pieces of the picture to say you are better than each other but when you take a step back and look at it, you are all better at different things and worse at different things. Because none of you have reached close to top level consistency or a variety of matchup knowledge.

Instead of brainstorming ways to make the competition look worse, you should all be trying to become actual tournament threats like Gnes/ADHD/Felix have been.

Really I don't want to have to deal with Diddy Kong in mid tier just because Gnes and ADHD "quit".

Player-1

Smash Legend
elev8 is married and doesn't travel outside his city, that's the only reason he isn't on it.

plus I've beaten elev8 3 other times this year

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He doesn't get to travel because he's married. That severely limits his chances to make waves.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If you are talking about embarrassing losses, didn't you lose to tearbear's lucas or something (2stocked right?) in tournament/MM. This really just comes back to the same thing about how inconsistent you all are under ADHD/Gnes.

Right now you are all picking out little pieces of the picture to say you are better than each other but when you take a step back and look at it, you are all better at different things and worse at different things. Because none of you have reached close to top level consistency or a variety of matchup knowledge.

Instead of brainstorming ways to make the competition look worse, you should all be trying to become actual tournament threats like Gnes/ADHD/Felix have been.

Really I don't want to have to deal with Diddy Kong in mid tier just because Gnes and ADHD "quit".
I lost to him in a mm and everyone forgets that I beat him in tournament. If you want to go all the way back though, than I'd be on that list for sure since I also had a win on DEHF and Rich Brown, but nobody ever remembers that. I feel that I'm more consistent than Player-1 and the only reason he's on there over me is because of attendance

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol what? The only 2 people I've played on the WC in serious sets from your region are Tyrant and KiraFlax

Beat Tyrant in a $1 MM, lost to him in tournament (got timed out on an 8 minute timer when it was supposed to be 10)

Beat KiraFax 6-0 between two MMs

lawlz, and isn't kira like your best win? Welp, there goes that one.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
lol what? The only 2 people I've played on the WC in serious sets from your region are Tyrant and KiraFlax

Beat Tyrant in a $1 MM, lost to him in tournament (got timed out on an 8 minute timer when it was supposed to be 10)

Beat KiraFax 6-0 between two MMs

lawlz, and isn't kira like your best win? Welp, there goes that one.
I'm talking about your region. Also, who cares about 1$ mms.

I also had wins on SKY and Sean (3rd and 4th in Norcal) and some other good wins

k9.

Smash Ace
Player 1 please STFU. I don't understand how you can come on this thread and post a billion times about how you think you are better than someone.

Jebus is a great diddy, if you want to prove yourself come to Revalations.

Also I have been housing Tyrant this whole week, and he told me he timed you out with a 8 min timer, but he said he was still up by 2 stocks, while you were at one stock 70%, so chill on the tyrant win.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Player 1 please STFU. I don't understand how you can come on this thread and post a billion times about how you think you are better than someone.
You do realize what thread you're talking about right? I'm pretty sure the past 1,178 pages of this thread is pretty much exactly what you're saying you don't understand

/ignorance.

Jebus is a great diddy, if you want to prove yourself come to Revalations.
Jebus sucks if he wants to prove himself then he should travel outside his region

Also I have been housing Tyrant this whole week, and he told me he timed you out with a 8 min timer, but he said he was still up by 2 stocks, while you were at one stock 70%, so chill on the tyrant win.
He was up by so much because the timer was running down and I was forced to rush in at that point, sure I could have just sat there shooting more peanuts at him but that wouldn't have gotten me the kill. He was at like 130 second stock and I was at like 20 last stock when I had to start rushing in for the kill

Even with the top half or the bottom half?
I'm even with like everyone above me except BigLou also.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Nakat > Trevonte & Possibly TKD

Nairo & Anti > M2K Ally 4th & Tyrant 5th

(Its about time that ppl surpassed the legends)

ESAM > Vinnie ICs

Player1 has been extremely consistent. He only losses 2 what 4-6 ppl in his. Region? He made it out of pools @ Sktar & granted yes I DO pay more attention 2 him because he is in my region but normally when some1 deserves a high spot like that they are heard about even outside their region.

Seibrik 4 Top 5 Wario

RYO 4 #1 Ike

Pit is So Underestimated -_-

Mekos BETTER b #1 Lucas

Trela BETTER b #1 Lucario

The Earth revolves around the sun

:sonic:

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Why are people arguing about Diddy? All of you who aren't ADHD/Gnes do the same exact generic **** anyway. Just like Yoshis that aren't Karamity/Zudenka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom