• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@ Cassio - Yea I agree. I'm with you.

Esam I understand what you are saying. We just have different views lol.

Answer this for me. If you looked at ADHD's gameplay on youtube and compared his gameplay to player-1's, are u telling me that you can't tell ADHD is better?

I'll answer it for you: You can. lol just kidding. Honestly answer that for me. Right now there is no set criteria to judge gameplay but maybe illmatic can create one since he is the owner of this thread.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Just to make sure we both know what we are debating....

I am saying results should NOT be the only criteria for this thread.
You(Esam) is saying results SHOULD be the only criteria for this thread.

This thread that is not super official

Cassio

Smash Master
ESAM I agree, I only add that making judgements on a diverse list of results isnt exactly an objective judgement either. We do the best that we can with what we have, and more information is better than less. In the end the list is for fun so its ok.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Mekos the example you just used, is basically what Esam said atleast a page ago about him vs Snakes. Does that mean that MVD is better than Ally and other Snakes, based on how well you see him play vs. certain people?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dcold with the....he literally reposted what I said @_@

@Eddie: Yo, that post is perfect with that avatar xD

@Mekos: Yes, because videos are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY worse as criteria for determining a rank.

@Cassio: It is way less biased and more consistent to compare the wins of different coasts than it is to compare the videos, especially considering almost all of the time there aren't videos for both of the potential spot-holders.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait.... Mekos... WTF???

4 Diddy Kong, Pikachu & Sonic its Blatently OBVIOUS how much ADHD, Gnes, ESAM, _X_ & Espy are than every1 else with the same characters.

The issue of "watching" ppl comes into play 4 everyone else on the list. 4 example... The skill level 4 MOST Sonic's is so close that all of us can look the same to the naked eye IMO. The only way we can say who is actually better is to post up who they have beaten.

The idea of using the "way" someone plays in a video is the WORST... well not the worst but its a pretty effin bad idea.

:sonic:

:phone:

I'm currently dying @ Esam realizing that Dcold repeated him.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
yea videos are too subjective although there are moments when you watch videos and realize that the person is THAT much better than everyone else using that character like esam with pika or koolaid with pit

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pokemastr +1ing hard.

Also, people, this argument isn't about using videos for the blatantly obvious crap, it is in things like P1 vs Vato where they are close but regionally different. Videos still don't do anything, though.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
I am the best ROB Meek, stop being a liar
I agree, Kira best ROB.

Kira > rest tied for 2rd to 5th (we could also go back to late 2010 where i had better wins than every other rob :3)
You're right, Kira is the best ROB. And let's not go back then teevee, besides you play zss now and have better wins than all of them including your idol NickRiddle.

I'm Mekos and I just agree with things that support my side.
You're right, Mekos should agree with things that COUNTER his argument. Wise words.

For example, one can tell that a win on Vinnie is of more importance than a win on Falln.
Shots fired.

How the **** do you expect to determine who is playing better? By who wins by more?
I'll answer it for you: You can't.
^^^this

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You're right, Mekos should agree with things that COUNTER his argument. Wise words.
>_> It is pointless to add an "I agree" when you could just wait for somebody to argue against the point...+1s everywhere.

@Mekos: Less so discussion, more like proving why your logic was bad.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
D1aos>Meek. I say this based on my perceptions playing both of these :sonic:'s (as the :sonic: slayer I can tell things) and the fact that he continually improves. He even took Esam to game 5. The first Md/Va local he went to, he beat Will lol. He just always ends up bracket ****ed and has to play Coney and Logic. Odd that Logic beats D1aos though since he's meh vs :sonic:.

:018:

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
So like.

If P1 and Jebus switched places, and Jebus was in Georgia.
Would Jebus place better/same/lower then P1 normally does?

Same for P1 in SoCal.

vato_break

Smash Master
player-1 beat tyrant when he was drunk/faded/and not in tournament lol. and okay he's beaten reflex but jebus still probably has better wins career wise(Rich Brown, Tearbear, and Dehf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom