• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Kira best ROB. Anyways that link is absolutely amazing, ty Cam. Definitely watching anything he went Falco in on those listed links.

@dcold - if you're really into it bring it up to Vinnie, Raptor, and Coontail when you get a chance for the Long Island portion and then try to contact anyone who hosts in the actual state of NY (:awesome:)

I could help you out with it if you're really serious about it

Dcold

Smash Lord
I'll bring it up to Vinnie when he's back from California, I think they're leaving today, or left yesterday. I'll try to see what can be done, I need to learn some HTML anyway.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
luxord ive been wanting to ask you this for a long time.i dont think we have met have we? or am i mistaken. very sorry if I have forgotten about you.

Cassio

Smash Master
Ay you got like 3 different names and still nobody knows you

:phone:
pshh i knew youd be chiming in :glare:
It escapes me how people think living in a good region makes you good, and that living in a lesser region makes them not as good as you. Please choose your punches wisely and use them when you have something to back them up. Seagull and plenty of other MD/VA players have proved their skill, to say that you'd beat them and instantly be on their PR because you are from SoCal is laughable.
Sure, but how much do you know about WC and its results and players? I dont even think I referenced my region or skill in my response. I wasnt trying to convince anyone and it wasnt that big a deal, I was just responding to him since hes been fabricating and stating half-truths. Im not intending to respond to him here again though.

v Doubt you would know enough about either

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
You=/= your region

Your region isn't indicative of how good you are, you are.
The players on power rankings indicate how strong the PR is, being on a PR however does not make you automatically better.

BSP

Smash Legend
You=/= your region

Your region isn't indicative of how good you are, you are.
The players on power rankings indicate how strong the PR is, being on a PR however does not make you automatically better.
That being said, I'd be more scared of a newer NJ/NY player than most other places.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Where's the link to this website thing?@_@

I'll save you all some time, go here for :falco: Kismet's win/loss record from AL tournaments, which covers a little over half (maybe just half) of the tournaments he attends.

I don't know how the bracket for AUSOM V got screwed up, but I was the TO at that tournament, and I can confirm that the wins/losses for AUSOM are indeed correct on this profile. I still have the bracket image on my computer, I'm just having trouble putting it online.

Also, for Luxord, check that Kismet actually has a lot of videos.
The lime-colored "here."

T0MMY

Smash Master
I've been saying this for the longest time, but Kira is clearly better than Chibo and Stingers. The only other R.O.B. I've played with as good as him was Thanatos and none of you would know who he is (and I don't know if he is still playing competitively).
I have invited Kira to Oregon to test his mettle, offering to pay half the travel costs out of my own pocket and if he's as good of a R.O.B. as he says he is he would take 1st place in this state (where a R.O.B. takes 1st place) which would pay for the rest of the expenses. The offer was never accepted, instead he has asked for me to go down there on a number of occasions; I think if that's to size up competition or settle scores it's high time he come up here (we're very hospitable and offer a place to stay and cook for people too!).
Yes, I still consider myself better than the rest of them based on my tournament record, but I don't think I have any right to be considered for any place until I play in a sizeable tournament wins against people from WA/OR are good, but there's no way to compare on a national scale. So putting my region's opinion and personal bias aside, I'd say:

1) Kira
2) Chibo
3) Stingers (?)
4) Nobody else has played in notable tournaments recently, but I would also call into question Mr. Eric and 8bitman.

I still think Brick is better than Captain L, but I didn't consider Captain L elilgbile for a place since hasn't t play outside his own area since... like a year?

Player-1

Smash Legend
>posted that website lots of times for my results
>everyone is astounded when cam post it
>no one looks at my results
>vato for #5 diddy

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I've been saying this for the longest time, but Kira is clearly better than Chibo and Stingers. The only other R.O.B. I've played with as good as him was Thanatos and none of you would know who he is (and I don't know if he is still playing competitively).
I have invited Kira to Oregon to test his mettle, offering to pay half the travel costs out of my own pocket and if he's as good of a R.O.B. as he says he is he would take 1st place in this state (where a R.O.B. takes 1st place) which would pay for the rest of the expenses. The offer was never accepted, instead he has asked for me to go down there on a number of occasions; I think if that's to size up competition or settle scores it's high time he come up here (we're very hospitable and offer a place to stay and cook for people too!).
Yes, I still consider myself better than the rest of them based on my tournament record, but I don't think I have any right to be considered for any place until I play in a sizeable tournament wins against people from WA/OR are good, but there's no way to compare on a national scale. So putting my region's opinion and personal bias aside, I'd say:

1) Kira
2) Chibo
3) Stingers (?)
4) Nobody else has played in notable tournaments recently, but I would also call into question Mr. Eric and 8bitman.

I still think Brick is better than Captain L, but I didn't consider Captain L elilgbile for a place since hasn't t play outside his own area since... like a year?
Tommy I like you but u obviously don't know what you are talking about by the simple fact you always put Chibo above Stingers. Everyone who has played both knows Stingers is way ahead. I've also played you once in a money match here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NReT9yPb_pI

I didn't notice anything amazing showing how you are better than the other Robs. It is dubs but still.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If Stingers didn't have Chu recently, it would be an open and shut case. At this point it really just comes down to how long of results count, since my results before would tromp Stingers, and only recently in these past couple months does he have better results I think.

I also think Kira is better than both of us atm.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
your mistaken mekos i can vouch for tommy he is amazing with rob. offline. btw tommy the only reason i havnt been able to go up there is because i dont have my own personal car and second id rater spend my flight moneyto go to different tournies . just come down to the regoinal tournies like i do like E4U. you came to genesis 2 and i saw you there. come to e4u id like to hang out with ya again.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
dude the title says Genesis 2...lol that match is offline. But I hear ya.

I don't understand why so many people are obsessed with results. What matters more is your actual gameplay. People are just to lazy to compare youtube vids and look at what players do.

For example, say that one time chibo beats m2k. But m2k had diarrhea and sd twice. He was having real bad day and was sick. People would only look at the results and say Chibo is automatically the best Rob because he beat m2k. Only looking at the results. But if people would look at the youtube vid they would see that m2k was barely even playing and wanted to forfeit. So in that match he jumped off the stage twice and then ran to the restroom.

My point is compare gameplay people. If you compare Stingers gameplay he is a contender for 1 Rob. That's all I'm saying. I personally played alot of Robs and Stingers is the smartest one imo.

Another example, I have always been a top level doubles player. I just never got a chance to prove myself(and team with someone on my level) because I had no "results"(I was new). So I had to build my credibility through mm's and friendlies. That took like 2 years. How this community is so obsessed with results makes me sick.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Mekos, you are actually wrong. Your opinion on people can be about their gameplay, but ranking them has to be based on results. MVD does better than every Snake but Razer against me...does that make him 2nd best? No, that just means he understands the MU and understands me. By looking at me vs other snakes and me vs MVD, it should seem that MVD is a better snake. However, becuase his results are lacking, he isn't there.

Trust me, you are 100% wrong. Rankings can't be based on perception because skill is also determined by a few things, and one thing may be really important in a few MUs that you see videos of so they get bodied. It isn't as cut and dry as you make it seem.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
You are using one example and that is not what I am talking about at all.

I am not talking about comparing player vs player. Like MVD vs Esam and Razer vs Esam. Which snake is better. No and that would be stupid. What I am talking about is their mastery of the fundamentals of the game and techniques for their character.

Do they have a good defensive game? Do they have multiple mixups? How is their offstage game? Have they mastered DI?

What separates players is their mastery of the fundamentals and their character. For example, one factor(besides others) in the beginning of brawl that put Ally ahead of other snakes for an extremely long time was his DI. He was known for it.

I'm pretty sure at Apex Ocean did some Rob "tricks" that US players don't do. He also had amazing spacing. Alot of people would say his Rob is better than the US robs based on his apex gameplay.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If you don't place/beat anybody then you're worse than the other person, because you cannot OBJECTIVELY say "this person looks like they're playing better".

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure at Apex Ocean did some Rob "tricks" that US players don't do. He also had amazing spacing. Alot of people would say his Rob is better than the US robs based on his apex gameplay.
Lol, I'm pretty sure a lot of people DO say that his Rob is better than US Robs based on his results.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Chibo the results for ranking really don't go back past Apex 2012 I'm guessing atm, Stingers has def rounded up more impressive wins then you since, step it up bro.

:017:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
If you don't place/beat anybody then you're worse than the other person, because you cannot OBJECTIVELY say "this person looks like they're playing better".
Your correct unless there was some sort of assessment system. It's not that serious tho.

I'm not saying results are dumb to judge people by. I'm saying ONLY looking at results is foolish imo.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
WTF Mekos we aren't comparing two people when they play each other, that is pointless considering dittos rarely happen. For this type of list, you need results. Hell, even for national lists you need results. It's the reason I can't objectively say "8bitman is the best ROB." The only result he ever has that is worth note is that he beat me once. Other than that, he hasn't done ****. Do I think he's the best US Rob? Yeah, I do, but that doesn't mean he is in rankings.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
uh u didn't get my post. Guest I wrote it poorly.

This is all I'm saying...I posted this earlier.
"I'm not saying results are dumb to judge people by. I'm saying ONLY looking at results is foolish imo."

MVD

Smash Master
You are using one example and that is not what I am talking about at all.

I am not talking about comparing player vs player. Like MVD vs Esam and Razer vs Esam. Which snake is better. No and that would be stupid. What I am talking about is their mastery of the fundamentals of the game and techniques for their character.

Do they have a good defensive game? Do they have multiple mixups? How is their offstage game? Have they mastered DI?

What separates players is their mastery of the fundamentals and their character. For example, one factor(besides others) in the beginning of brawl that put Ally ahead of other snakes for an extremely long time was his DI. He was known for it.

I have the best DI and the best wall teching in the world I'm the best

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
The fact that you do have amazing DI and wall teching is why I feel you are on this list imo. Also, with your results. You get what I'm saying. NOT just results.

Only looking at results is why people are struggling comparing Player-1 and Vato.

MVD

Smash Master
The fact that you do have amazing DI and wall teching is why I feel you are on this list imo. Also, with your results. You get what I'm saying. NOT just results.

Only looking at results is why people are struggling comparing Player-1 and Vato.
I think if my DI and teching were a part of it I'd be higher lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
They are bias on which wins are more credible.

I say they both pull up a youtube vid to help justify their claims. Vato did that and based on the vid he showed his gameplay looked better than what I have seen from Player-1. Player-1 claims he has gotten better tho. So I feel he should post a recent vid showing his skills. Player-1 claims he beat Tyrant and did the infinite. No other diddy has done that in tourney against a high level player to my knowledge. That imo should help his placing on this list. That is amazing that he did that.

@MVD - Nick Riddle is right. U are snake ;). I have the best DI son!!

MVD

Smash Master
They are bias on which wins are more credible.

I say they both pull up a youtube vid to help justify their claims. Vato did that and based on the vid he showed his gameplay looked better than what I have seen from Player-1. Player-1 claims he has gotten better tho. So I feel he should post a recent vid showing his skills. Player-1 claims he beat Tyrant and did the infinite. No other diddy has done that in tourney against a high level player to my knowledge. That imo should help his placing on this list. That is amazing that he did that.

@MVD - Nick Riddle is right. U are snake ;). I have the best DI son!!
I've lived to 250 with diddy on brinstar and 220 on green greens with diddy and recently I was at 260 with marth on fd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom