• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wtf does that even mean? All I'm saying is 4god, reflex, drn, kismet, and kismet are all better wins than anyone on vato's win list except MAYBE SK92. Are you saying that's wrong? What other wins does vato have that compare to them?

M@v

Subarashii!
For those saying "I beat a top 5 of X character why am I not on this?"

Beating a top 5 from this list doesnt always mean its a huge deal, especially since this list is very contested. Depends how long they last on the list, and more importantly how they are ranked in their region.

Like for example my fox has beaten both blue rogue and ripple, who were at the time(according to the list) top5s in their character. However they aren't on the list anymore. Blue's still ranked high in ohio(which makes wonder why he fell off this list; im guessing because he doesnt travel much), and ripple retired I believe so he doesnt have a rank anymore.

Rating people you beat should be moreso based on where they rank in their region. The players region will be keeping up to date more often than others. If their region doesn't have an active PR anymore(perfect example my state PA), look at their wins and losses from the past few tournaments.

TL:DR Regarding your wins, people you beat should be judged by their local rank and tourney wins, not if they were an existing top 5 or not.

P.S Just realized BPOW is on here. That makes 6 top 5 people I've beaten at one point or another.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Cause Cheese is kinda inactive and not considered a notable win anymore.
Along with alot of better IC's.
He's not inactive and I don't see how he's not good anymore. :I Then again I'm not sure of what Smoom has done recently, but at least Cheese is still attending and getting good placings.

Also, consider MikeKirby for the Kirby list. This season alone he 2-0'd Inui 2 stock each time, beat me and ChiboSempai back to back in tourney, beat Ikon in a mm and I feel like there's more I don't remember.

:phone:

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I think that only people who have entered a tournament at least 5 times with a character should be able to be considered as a top 5 player of the character. I also think that consistent activity with decent placings means more than a 1-time crazy win.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Seagull you are incorrect.

Player-1 your 'win comparison' was basically an attempt to reduce the significance of Vatos wins.
It's whatever, the same thing happened not too long ago. Maybe he is better than Vato, maybe not. What I do know is that Big Lou's not #3.

Big Lou beat Reflex, Kismet, 4god, and Player-1

Vato beat Mr. Concon, Falln, Vicegrip, Silly Kyle, Kiraflax, SK92, Zekey.

Vatos wins are better.

Player-1 beat Reflex, Kismet, Legan, Billy, DRN, Kain (if it counts).... Those alone are better than Big Lou's.

Tl;dr big Lou is not #3

Roller

Smash Legend
2011 wins can still count, I don't see how beating Trela + tons of other notable players in 2011 is any less harder than beating him in 2012. Could Darkflame do that?

Can you give me Darkflame's wins and results? I've heard of the guy, but I want his wins to at least be of a bit of worth to take someone's spot who was such a large contributor to IC's metagame.
o. I assumed we were going with the 6 month thing. Is this no longer the case? If so my list changes.

And who are you talking about here...

such a large contributor to IC's metagame.
Cheese?

Yeah, he helped contribute a while back. Sure. But I could name at least 8 people off the top of my head who have all contributed more. You also have Dojo over him who only picked up the character a few months ago (I don't even think Smoom has played in a tourney since Dojo picked up ICs)..

Darkflame can list his own results if he wants the spot. But beating Logic the other week was pretty impressive. He also beat Seagull in a MM recently, iirc.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's whatever, the same thing happened not too long ago. Maybe he is better than Vato, maybe not. What I do know is that Big Lou's not #3.

Big Lou beat Reflex, Kismet, 4god, and Player-1

Vato beat Mr. Concon, Falln, Vicegrip, Silly Kyle, Kiraflax, SK92, Zekey.

Vatos wins are better.

Player-1 beat Reflex, Kismet, Legan, Billy, DRN, Kain (if it counts).... Those alone are better than Big Lou's.

Tl;dr big Lou is not #3

sorry zinoto, but after that post i can legitimately say you have no idea what you're talking about. BigLou's wins (and those aren't even all of them) easily out due both mine and vato's

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He's not inactive and I don't see how he's not good anymore. :I Then again I'm not sure of what Smoom has done recently, but at least Cheese is still attending and getting good placings.
I don't really pay attention to IC results as well, but only tournaments I can remember anytime I saw the name cheese is from MLG Dallas where he got... 17th or 25th?
Then a tournament around April I think using 4 different characters and I believe 80 or so % of the entrants being newcomers.

Roller

Smash Legend
Also, consider MikeKirby for the Kirby list. This season alone he 2-0'd Inui 2 stock each time, beat me and ChiboSempai back to back in tourney, beat Ikon in a mm and I feel like there's more I don't remember.
Yo, ikon was like. In shock after losing that. lmao

He should probably be on the list imo.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

This. I really do expect him to be in top 5 after I've seen how much potential he has.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yo, ikon was like. In shock after losing that. lmao

He should probably be on the list imo.
I heard he was expecting it to be free money and was highly dissapointed afterwards. xD

Slush, Cheese also did well at Apex and that tournament you're talking about isn't the only tournament he's been to this year.

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh yeah, Im pretty sure blue rogue's better than BPOW <.<

I've played them both fairly recently.

Also Cheebs I need to mm "TeamPhilly" whenever Im over that way, which may not be until next apex :/

linkisthebest123

Smash Journeyman
DAMN TEEVEE GOING IN HARD. HIT ME IN THE WEAK SPOT!

Oh wait. Its someone going nowhere in life telling me I'm bad or something.

I did quit, and I could still beat you and a bunch of people on this "top 5" list. Worst region in the world lol... Sorry Dawg. Still some random place in the MW. Honestly though, even with nobody in the PNW playing forever, we could prob STILL beat NE.

Oh right, I quit.
Buh-bye! I'll be back to defend myself for top 5 pikas after I go to my first real tourny in like 8 months in canada and beat Captain L XD

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Slush, Cheese also did well at Apex and that tournament you're talking about isn't the only tournament he's been to this year.
Like I said, I don't pay attention so I wouldn't know.
Also, I didn't know he attended APEX either. Alot of top players didn't make it out of pools after all.

Cassio

Smash Master
How so? Shiro tells me everything and I've seen Wc pool sheets before.

:018:
Because some people refuse to play me in a -3 MU.

Player-1: A.C., Silly Kyle, falln, and Kiraflax are all on the same level as the wins you mentioned, and his wins right below that are a bit more notable. Im using Vengeance and Apex as a point of reference. What other events has GA traveled to?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
DAMN TEEVEE GOING IN HARD. HIT ME IN THE WEAK SPOT!

Oh wait. Its someone going nowhere in life telling me I'm bad or something.

I did quit, and I could still beat you and a bunch of people on this "top 5" list. Worst region in the world lol... Sorry Dawg. Still some random place in the MW. Honestly though, even with nobody in the PNW playing forever, we could prob STILL beat NE.

Oh right, I quit.
Buh-bye! I'll be back to defend myself for top 5 pikas after I go to my first real tourny in like 8 months in canada and beat Captain L XD
What the hell at this post, lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Because some people refuse to play me in a -3 MU.

Player-1: A.C., Silly Kyle, falln, and Kiraflax are all on the same level as the wins you mentioned, and his wins right below that are a bit more notable. Im using Vengeance and Apex as a point of reference. What other events has GA traveled to?
lmfao those are definitely not on the same level as 4god, kismet, reflex, or drn. I did forget about falln, but that's also a maybe.

GA/AL also went to a TN tournament where Reflex got 2nd beating MJG and Kismet losing to reflex, kismet got 3rd beating mjg and fino. What other tournaments do any of those lower socal players/AZ players travel to besides socal/AZ?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Never said he was bad, and this can work for you too with Smoom.
Well you said something about not being good anymore. And I did say I don't know much about Smoom and that's why I didn't flat out say he should be taken off. Unless me not hearing about him is indeed because he's inactive. Idk >.>

Roller

Smash Legend
I heard he was expecting it to be free money and was highly dissapointed afterwards. xD
It was hilarious. He stood there and watched me 3 stocking him with ICs over and over. Then asked him to mm.

Mike whooped his ICs, then the kid CPs him to RC and goes mk. That did NOT work. L

ikon needs to learn patience. Badly.

Also, @the "what have Smoom and Cheese done lately" talk. Neither of them have gotten any really significant wins since January. Cheese has had some high placings, but without beating any top players to get there.

You have to go back to APEX for Cheese wins, and December for Smoom.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Kismet is back on the Falco list! I'm glad because I don't really think Pelca deserved to be on the list because he always played a lot more Snake than Falco whenever I watched him play.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
lmfao those are definitely not on the same level as 4god, kismet, reflex, or drn. I did forget about falln, but that's also a maybe.

GA/AL also went to a TN tournament where Reflex got 2nd beating MJG and Kismet losing to reflex, kismet got 3rd beating mjg and fino. What other tournaments do any of those lower socal players/AZ players travel to besides socal/AZ?
Us AZ players either go to Socal or vegas. Theres not really any other scenes close to go to really. utah barely has tournies, new mexico is non existant, and colorado too far. then theres texas which is 16 hours away.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Also, @the "what have Smoom and Cheese done lately" talk. Neither of them have gotten any really significant wins since January. Cheese has had some high placings, but without beating any top players to get there.

You have to go back to APEX for Cheese wins, and December for Smoom.
April actually.
Oh wait, Wins not activity.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Speaking of Falcos/players in general...Bloodcross is a freaking top level force just waiting to burst out and become consistent on that level of play. Holy **** is he good. Especially his Metaknight.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Us AZ players either go to Socal or vegas. Theres not really any other scenes close to go to really. utah barely has tournies, new mexico is non existant, and colorado too far. then theres texas which is 16 hours away.
^^^so my point remains valid

GA/AL travels to each other's state, TN, and we were at Vengeance (OH) and Apex (NJ). Pretty sure the 'doesn't travel OoS' argument applies a lot more to the people on vato's win lists than mine.

Cassio

Smash Master
Well the idea is to get a point of reference for how good players are. Its an easier task in SoCal because we have a good amount of established top level players to compare to like Tyrant, Mike, Havok, Rich, Larry, etc. We also have the benefit of hosting the largest regional once every couple months, so oos players travel to us. If you have oos players that travel to GA that definitely counts too.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
If you have to put parenthesis around a name when you are listing them as a notable win then they prolly aren't very notable since you have to give an accomplishment along with the name, pretty laughable.

Thread was a good read, 20 pages of info and TV slaying idiots, good times. A few thoughts;

SK is overrated, Pelca should be above him
Stingers > Chibo n KiraFlax(this clown does nothing)
One tourny with a character does not make u top 5, show consistency
Darkflame beat Logic once, that's it for his accomplishments, not top 5 material(yet)

Alright. How many other Falcos have?
He lost to BC Falco at Apex n he lost to Xaxz(that wigger kid from Philly) b4 too.

MD/VA sucks

:017:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well the idea is to get a point of reference for how good players are. Its an easier task in SoCal because we have a good amount of established top level players to compare to like Tyrant, Mike, Havok, Rich, Larry, etc. We also have the benefit of hosting the largest regional once every couple months, so oos players travel to us. If you have oos players that travel to GA that definitely counts too.
that's fine and all, but a lot of vato's wins are like in the 3rd level of referencing. "I have a win on raz who is inactive but beat x last year and has no other accomplishments, then I have a win on some random other guy who beat raz." "I have a win on hall who is ranked 6th in San Diego, also a win on a guy who beat hall"...like seriously? Talk to me when he's on the actual state power rankings.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you have to put parenthesis around a name when you are listing them as a notable win then they prolly aren't very notable since you have to give an accomplishment along with the name, pretty laughable.

Thread was a good read, 20 pages of info and TV slaying idiots, good times. A few thoughts;

SK is overrated, Pelca should be above him
Stingers > Chibo n KiraFlax(this clown does nothing)
One tourny with a character does not make u top 5, show consistency
Darkflame beat Logic once, that's it for his accomplishments, not top 5 material(yet)

He lost to BC Falco at Apex n he lost to Xaxz(that wigger kid from Philly) b4 too.

MD/VA sucks

:017:
KiraFlax puts in work, I think he's over me and Stingers atm.

If all Stingers has is really Chu and Boss, I'd say that's 4th for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom