• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
For my wins since Apex, Ive beaten Kadaj the last 2 times we played (with ROB yes chibo lol like my *** MK would get me anywhere), Kyon 2x, Chu, and Boss...thats it as far as people you've heard of. Ive lost to Logic 2x, Esam 2x, and Mekos once. At Apex I beat like...Z and YoshQ and Xzax, but they were MMs and thats about it. oh and Xzax mightve only been a dollar, chibo ask him for me...I dont remember too much from that tourney

Standard NC...coupled with me never traveling...leads to that ^^ idk I kinda wanna go to SKTAR now we'll see @.@ im broke af...

OH and I beat luckay in a MM as well...yay MMs

Cassio

Smash Master
P-1: I agree but I mean, you put down wins that werent super amazing either, and Vato did skip less notable wins. Part of it is that people dont pay attention to our results, when people come to us, and who's beating who. I understand its harder but it is there. For instance A.C. is probably a player many people hadnt heard of but is a very legit win and its apparent if you look at his performance in TJ and the socal events he makes.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I was listing some of my lesser player wins based off of what vato was doing. "Oh he has awex as a win? 9th on a CITY power rankings (lawlz) as his only credential? I guess I can put cam since he's actually on the AL power rankings". I think my only not so amazing wins I listed was like cam (ranked), saint (ranked at the time), and maybe ryker? IMO cam and saint are bigger wins than ryker, but ryker traveled with us to Vengeance and had a decent placing which is why I listed him to show what even some of our so called 'randoms' travel.

Roller

Smash Legend
That makes 6 top 5 people I've beaten at one point or another.
You say you shouldn't brag about it... Then you do. And that's not very many tbh. Especially considering you're counting previous players.

Especiallyescially considering there are 5 ganon players, 5 zelda players, 5 link players, 5 bowser players, 5 pokemon trainers, etc. And those are only the current ones. There have been more if you're counting the previous top players for the chars, like you are.

Now if you had beaten Z...

That would be impressive.

Wait. I recant my list for ICs. I should be on it. No other ICs I know of has a win over Z.. I demand a recount.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Me and Stingers are close... hmmm.... Keep him there for now, I'm ***. But after this Saturday, I'm taking the 3rd spot back!

vato_break

Smash Master
but i also listed what awex has done so don't say that the city ranking was the only credential(actually the city of san diego is pretty legit and would likely beat state PRs) because it wasn't, i listed who he beat and why he's legit. I have ta lot of not so great wins that i didn't list because they are not so great. All the wins i listed are legit except maybe like raz because he is inactive(still a good player however)

Player-1

Smash Legend
if you have to list references like down to the 3rd level then they're not really that great of a win.

I beat player a who beat player b who beat player c who beat player d who beat player e who beat player f who beat pitbull so player a must be a good win. (an exaggeration, but still the point remains)

soz that doesn't work.

my top 5 wins vs vato's top 5 wins:

kismet, kismet (two wins on kismet), 4god, reflex, and drn vs falln, kiraflax, sk92, silly kyle, and A.C

pretty sure we'd wreck that crew battle.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sounds like it'd be a solid victory for GA. Honestly, even though (i think) sk92 would be seen as the most 'dangerous' player on that crew, you'd probably do the most damage since we don't have much kirby experience.

vato_break

Smash Master
I think your under estimating my wins lol. my A.C win is actually my best win(he is a lot better than sk92). He's probably good enough to be SoCal top 5(he is currently #2 in TJ). but due to lack of funds he doesn't travel out to socal much. Silly kyle is another good one, he just can't travel OoS, last tournament he 2-0d Z(i think Z is recognized as a toppikachu now..and if he isn't well Z is a very good pikachu player from vegas). Kiraflax is another one, i know he went to vegas and beat all of their players minus fow and when he came to socal 2 regionals back he beat mikeHAZE.

Player-1

Smash Legend
ac is really really good though
tj lyfe
I know AC is good, he's just not stacking up as a good win compared to my good wins (plus as far as a crew battle goes we'd have a D3 on our side :3).

Getting away from the crew battle, Kismet, Reflex, 4God, and DRN have all done something recently on a national, regional, and local level. SK92 hasn't done anything noteworthy at a regional or national level recently (I don't doubt that he could though if he traveled more), neither has kiraflax, sillykyle, or AC. Only one that's done anything really noteworthy out of region and national (? was LSC considered a national?) was you. I'm just saying my good wins are better than vato's good wins by a significant amount when you look at from a national level.

edit: vato read up^^^.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Vinnie shouldn't even be on the top 5 list for Zelda.

He doesn't even use the character. There are a lot of people who are much better at using the character, and who have consistent placings with Zelda. Just cause Vinnie did decent at one tournament (and didn't even beat anyone that impressive, like Ally or something) doesn't mean he's a top 5 Zelda.

Also some of the TX people are placed too high, like PJ. PJ isn't better than Kingtoon.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

He doesn't even use the character. There are a lot of people who are much better at using the character, and who have consistent placings with Zelda. Just cause Vinnie did decent at one tournament (and didn't even beat anyone that impressive, like Ally or something) doesn't mean he's a top 5 Zelda.

Also some of the TX people are placed too high, like PJ. PJ isn't better than Kingtoon.
Given the rate at which Ally loses to Zelda's, are you advocating that there shouldn't be a Zelda list? Not many people beat Ally with ANY character, let alone a low tier.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Please don't tell me you're talking about JuJux's Zelda...

Ally could easily 3 or 2 stock almost any Zelda with almost any character because he's just that good. And with him going MK/Snake, then loool.

vato_break

Smash Master
the tournament i just went to last weekend was a regional and the players i beat did well. sk92 beat Anuar and tearbear at a socal regional recently taking like 5th/40-50?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion

Yes he does he uses just about anyone actually. I've seen Vinnie using Zelda in mm's as far as last year. And wut? Good luck finidng any Zelda currently below Vinnie that can beat Ally.

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
when I say regional level I mean...like an out of region regional tournament. My point is they're not travelling outside of their region (WC)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I suppose if wc is travelling to ec that'd it be a national? I mean not necessarily I guess, EC is travelling to that E4 tournament and it seems more like a regional than national to me. I don't see your point though, none of vato's wins have traveled to EC except like maybe one?

DeLux

Typically regionals consist of two or more sub regions. For example, AZ and Socal are individual sub regions.

Two regions at a tournament tend to make what I call a super regional. So if say the MW + Texas got together for Get HYPE! 2, that would make it a super regional.

If three or more regions come in, that makes it national. For example, if MW + TX + ATL South came to Get HYPE! 2, that would make it a national.

subregionals tend to average around 32 player. Regionals tend to average around 64. Super regionals 128. And nationals tend to top around 256 in my experience.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Given the rate at which Ally loses to Zelda's, are you advocating that there shouldn't be a Zelda list? Not many people beat Ally with ANY character, let alone a low tier.
Use another good player for example. Ally was just the first to come to mind. There should be at least a few good players beaten for someone to deserve a top 5 spot with a given character.

Vinnie doesn't deserve the spot. He does not show the level of character skill that a lot of Zeldas have, and he hasn't been using her over a reasonable period of time with decent results. There are others who are better qualified to be on the list. And he definitely isn't better than ED, either.

I've said what I wanted to say.

Player-1

Smash Legend
falln traveled to ec? when? what tournament?

and no, biglou wasn't at apex 2012 he beat him at G2, same tournament biglou beat anuar.

Player-1

Smash Legend
ya he did a year ago lmao.

okay, just to confirm only one of your wins has traveled nationally then?

okay cool, my point still remains.

DeLux

Use another good player for example. Ally was just the first to come to mind. There should be at least a few good players beaten for someone to deserve a top 5 spot with a given character.

Vinnie doesn't deserve the spot. He does not show the level of character skill that a lot of Zeldas have, and he hasn't been using her over a reasonable period of time with decent results. There are others who are better qualified to be on the list. And he definitely isn't better than ED, either.

I've said what I wanted to say.
I don't understand though. If he didn't beat anyone notable is an argument against Vinnie, then it's only fair other Zelda mains are put under the same scrutiny. If they have objectively better resume's in terms of wins, they'll be put above him.

He demonstrated he's capable of winning a tournament by winning a tournament. That's his level of skill, which is something other Zelda mains haven't done. There's video evidence of Vinnie using Zelda as early as 2009 on his youtube channel.

Rather than just saying they are better qualified, you should specifically say who is better qualified and say how they are better qualified. Bashing Vinnie doesn't really mean anything until you make a constructive argument in favor of someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom