• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Slush, people complain that 6 months is too short as well as too long so uhhhhh...

No one will ever be pleased with any weird rule imposed. So how about activity just be forgoed and we just do it on recent events. Even if a person quits, unless someone gets up there, they can stay.

Just basically what Ill said earlier which I agree with. Activity from what I've experienced is hard to keep track of.

Cassio

Smash Master
Zelda isnt a character that inherently sucks and might be able to own people on a surprise factor. One time victories might not mean as much as consistent results.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Head to head wins, Mocha. If any other Zelda has better head to head wins, they will be above him on the list. If not, then they need to get better.

Just because they enter far more things and continue to suck just as much as the previous attempts - doesn't mean they get some sort of saving grace when trying to be admitted onto this list.

wow this thread got so serious

someone recap aposl's wins? i'm not gonna fight too hard for that number two spot lol... as zigsta said i don't travel much so i won't have much to say.

sets off zex, killlock, captain l, oats, zigsta

games off alphicans and firefly too, but who's counting
Thanks, I'm gonna wait for Aposl to post his wins - then we will compare.
Seagull was sort of spewing out stuff at random when he came in here and started posting.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
lol. MJG is good but hes not even that better than any of us. people just still holding on to when he beat Havok lik 2 years ago. he loses to the same people we lose to aka APEX 2012. loses to EC players i lose to all the time

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
But he travels and acquires more wins, that's the thing.
All the Toon Links are relatively around the same level, in my opinion.

Gnes tho.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
true. thats y i give him the edge cause he travels all over the dam place lol. but we shall see at SKTAR when me, MJG, PJ, and hopefully jash will all be there

Flayl

Smash Hero
Good luck dude, good job with the thread so far.

Head to head wins, Mocha. If any other Zelda has better head to head wins, they will be above him on the list. If not, then they need to get better.
Just because they enter far more things and continue to suck just as much as the previous attempts - doesn't mean they get some sort of saving grace when trying to be admitted onto this list.
About time somebody says what I'm thinking haha

Cassio

Smash Master
Sure, but the fact that the people vinnie beat might also be ignorant of the MU compared to the players Zelda mains have to deal with is also likely to be a factor. Not that surprise factor victories arent worth noting, but consistency is usually a bit more important making it a good idea to have results through several tournaments as well. The concern Id have is a talented player entering one tournament one time with an oddball character and securing wins this way. If theyre legitimately good with the character (compared to their peers) itll show through several tournaments like Allys been doing with pit.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Welp, I guess Stingers is above me lol

Not that I care, since I'm garbage now in singles until I practice again, but what kinds of wins has he been getting? I heard he's been taking down Kadaj consistently lately. Is it with ROB? Cool stuff broski, come back to Atl North.

Edit:

Also and damn someone get Kingtoon out of 5th place plz. Top 3 at least!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Sure, but the fact that the people vinnie beat might also be ignorant of the MU compared to the players Zelda mains have to deal with is also likely to be a factor. Not that surprise factor victories arent worth noting, but consistency is usually a bit more important making it a good idea to have results through several tournaments as well. The concern Id have is a talented player entering one tournament one time with an oddball character and securing wins this way. If theyre legitimately good with the character (compared to their peers) itll show through several tournaments like Allys been doing with pit.
Not to mention, regions have to be taken into account as well. It's highly unlikely for example, that I'd place better here in Texas than someone in a less competitive region. I can see what you're saying about beating top 5 being a huge deal. I just feel like consistent results should also be a big factor in this.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Pwii for top 5 G&W please, he's been one of the more active G&Ws with a couple of notable wins

Denti
malcom
john #
YBM

and some more I can't remember lol.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Welp, I guess Stingers is above me lol

Not that I care, since I'm garbage now in singles until I practice again, but what kinds of wins has he been getting? I heard he's been taking down Kadaj consistently lately. Is it with ROB? Cool stuff broski, come back to Atl North.
He beat ChuDat and Boss this weekend.

:059:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not gonna front, Chu Dat's a hell of a win.

Only good people I've beaten that I can remember in the last 8 months or so are Nicole, Will, and Delta Cod. However, all three of them are top 5'ers here, and two of those three are 1st in their character.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
The :diddy: list isn't a joke. You keep trying to say that you're better than Vato (which is debatable), so Ill is comparing you two's wins which is completely understandable. What would make it a joke is if Big Lou is thrown up at #3 based off of solely instate wins and placings. When I went for top 5 :diddy: a couple months ago, it was decided that I had no oos experience, so how could my skill be judged based off of solely instate placings? And I agree it wasn't fair. This is the same thing with Big Lou, but now you want to throw him up there just because he outplaces you? No thanks. if anything I should be above him.

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
the diddy list is a joke, I am better than vato, no debate. 5 are my wins are on a whole other level than any of his wins except sk92. BigLou is #3 Diddy.

I've already pointed out that Vato has no OoS experience except Arizona. BigLou has no OoS experience except AL. What's the difference?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I have to agree with Player-1 on this one. I've had a chance to play both players and P-1 seems like the most solid Diddy under Gnes/ADHD right now. As far as placing comparisons and all of that go, however, I'm a little out of the loop on Diddy activity atm to really contribute anything based on that...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Oh my god, shut the hell up.
We don't have to go through this again.

Seriously, we have just discussed this and you're still ****ing about it?

Zinoto

Smash Lord
the diddy list is a joke, I am better than vato, no debate. 5 are my wins are on a whole other level than any of his wins except sk92. BigLou is #3 Diddy.

I've already pointed out that Vato has no OoS experience except Arizona. BigLou has no OoS experience except AL. What's the difference?
No, you just don't want to debate it, I would vote that Vato is better (but like I said its debatable. Big Lou's wins don't compare to Vatos, yet you claim he's better than you an subsequently better than Vato?

Well ok, I normally outplace Roller, who tied with you at Vengeance, so, by your logic, I am as good as you.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Oh my god, shut the hell up.
We don't have to go through this again.

Seriously, we have just discussed this and you're still ****ing about it?
i will ***** about it all day long, it's a joke

No, you just don't want to debate it, I would vote that Vato is better (but like I said its debatable. Big Lou's wins don't compare to Vatos, yet you claim he's better than you an subsequently better than Vato?

Well ok, I normally outplace Roller, who tied with you at Vengeance, so, by your logic, I am as good as you.

1. There is nothing to debate about, can someone show how vato's wins are better than mine? I'm the only one directly comparing our wins together (i.e having 5 wins that completely outrank his except sk92)

2. I have debated even though not needing to.

3. BigLou's wins are better than vatos, they're better than mine.

4. Wtf, how is that my logic. I outplaced you at Vengeance very significantly. Also, 1 tournament does not equal consistent results. BigLou has outplaced me at EVERY tournament we've been at (except one we tied). If you think that's my logic then it just goes to show that you don't really know what's going on here.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fuujin has literally no notable win for Zelda and I'm pretty sure he loses to a couple of players that would be considered 'random' by most people. He has no business being on the top 5 list for that character. Ven, Vinnie and Ed are better for sure and the same holds probably true for Mocha and AlanHate. And I would not be surprised if Bizkit's Zelda was better as well.

I posted cause I honestly didn't know. I don't know who AlanHate is.
NickRiddle is probably a better Bowser than Seagull, if we're going to count people who don't use Bowser in tournament.

Seagull, what wins do you have are better than Ed/ScaryLB59?

EDIT: Who did Tearbear beat with Bowser? Guys stop posting this "dude is a better X than dude2" without backing any of it up -_-
When did I say I used :zelda:?
When can the Link list be updated?

inb4never
Nobody ****ing cares about :link2:.
wow this thread got so serious

someone recap aposl's wins? i'm not gonna fight too hard for that number two spot lol... as zigsta said i don't travel much so i won't have much to say.

sets off zex, killlock, captain l, oats, zigsta

games off alphicans and firefly too, but who's counting

edit: oh, R2 pools genesis, generally placed 3rd-5th at our locals
Teevee, EE, Z, made it to R2 pools at Apex (Not sure who he beat in it besides Teevee), and he'd have to fill me in the rest, but beating those 3 alone should suffice to be 2nd.

Thanks, I'm gonna wait for Aposl to post his wins - then we will compare.
Seagull was sort of spewing out stuff at random when he came in here and started posting.
Look above.
The Toon Link list is really hard to decide, I don't know where to place you guys to be honest.
Way too close after MJG.
Kingtoon should be moved at least above Jerm. Does Jerm even play anymore?
lol at me being 5th on the TL spot. ikno i havent been to anything since Apex.

But i did go to CoT6 and got top 8 beating False, Will, and Nakat ( who jus took m2k to last game last hit)
#teamKennyTElston2ndbest:toonlink:imo.
He beat ChuDat and Boss this weekend.

Not gonna front, Chu Dat's a hell of a win.

Only good people I've beaten that I can remember in the last 8 months or so are Nicole, Will, and Delta Cod. However, all three of them are top 5'ers here, and two of those three are 1st in their character.
Chu sucks vs :rob: lmao. Chu sucks vs :olimar:, :rob:, :falco:, and :zerosuitsamus:. His worst matchup is probably :olimar: and then :falco:.

:018:

Cassio

Smash Master
I have to agree with Player-1 on this one. I've had a chance to play both players and P-1 seems like the most solid Diddy under Gnes/ADHD right now. As far as placing comparisons and all of that go, however, I'm a little out of the loop on Diddy activity atm to really contribute anything based on that...
Unless youve been in Socal in the last couple months you havent played Vato since hes leveled up.

Player-1 your attempts at comparing "wins" are basically to trash talk players Vato beats without having any idea what their skill level is. Then to complain saying others are demeaning your wins when no ones attempted to do so.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lol @ seagulls post. He was almost owner of this thread guys, made top 2 potential owners.
I think KingToon is clearly the 2nd best :toonlink: when active, but I take results/facts into account before I make my own decisions towards something as important as deciding top 5 for everyone else. He's the best :toonlink: vs :metaknight:.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm not trash talking anyone (except illmatic's bad decisions) and yes people are demeaning my wins.

Cassio can you get a clue on what's been said before giving your input? kthxbai

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
AlanHate is a mexican Zelda player. Tbh I don't even know whether Mexico counts in the list or not ... but if it does I definitely think he's good enough for it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So I hear Cassio (Tag/ The Truth) has lost to Lycan, Shiro, and CsX Mark. Best :pikachu2: losing matchups highly in his favor.

I find it funny how Gheb's avatar is so angry and mine is so happy, but I'm the one being a ****.

Cassio

Smash Master
Seagull you are incorrect.

Player-1 your 'win comparison' was basically an attempt to reduce the significance of Vatos wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom