• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I never said it didn't, I'm just saying for example reflex would be better than sk92 or AC, he beat vinnie at apex as well as other good wins like bizkit, pj, I think pwii too? He beat MJG at a TN tournament, beats everyone locally.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
So many characters being discussed lol idk how Ill plans to follow.

I agree with Vinnie being too high tho, you need some actually consistency to be at least higher then 5th on the list.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
@Verm - Kel's a MK main from Ohio who placed top 8 in several MLGs. IIRC he was one of the "pros" that MLG named. This was an MK banned tournament so he was using Marth, which obviously needs to be taken into consideration..but it's still worth mentioning since he's a seasoned veteran and he's consistently ranked.

As far as money matches...if you want a good one then I beat Legan's ZSS (his current main) in a $10 MM a few months ago. And again in a $5 MM one or two locals ago. I can name some more if I gave it some thought. And if you count the Ganon Gauntlet which was technically a $MM, you can add Espy, Deltacod, Hylian, and Ripple.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Oh, yeah! I beat Legan in a "Janky Character Match" against his Link. My PT is number one.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
u can have #3...I want #2 ;) kira cant touch this :chuckle:
Stingers you can have #2 spot idc because I will be geting the number 1 spot over holy nightmare.

if you have to list references like down to the 3rd level then they're not really that great of a win.

I beat player a who beat player b who beat player c who beat player d who beat player e who beat player f who beat pitbull so player a must be a good win. (an exaggeration, but still the point remains)

soz that doesn't work.

my top 5 wins vs vato's top 5 wins:

kismet, kismet (two wins on kismet), 4god, reflex, and drn vs falln, kiraflax, sk92, silly kyle, and A.C

pretty sure we'd wreck that crew battle.
This would be close. I would be pretty confidant though with this team.

also player 1 ,calm down down my man. if people arnt seeing you as better and you gotta go through arguments to make it known that your better thats just a waste of time. All you gota do is solidly prove that your better with more wins so no one can say anything,
Just like how by the end of this summer I will solidly prove that I am better than koolaid and holynightmare straight up. But I wont argue because the best way of pursuasion is proof by action.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Because some people refuse to play me in a -3 MU.

Player-1: A.C., Silly Kyle, falln, and Kiraflax are all on the same level as the wins you mentioned, and his wins right below that are a bit more notable. Im using Vengeance and Apex as a point of reference. What other events has GA traveled to?
Silly Kyle is not equivalent to 4god, Reflex, or Kismet. Falln...IDK anything he has done besides beat Havok's Snake and then get **** on by his MK. I can't really use A.C. as a comparison considering I have only heard of him from that one Cali tournament, but he is less consistent than the people on P1's list (IMO). Kira is good, but Reflex/4god are definitely better.

I would give it to Player-1, then Vato, then BigLou or Zinoto (Lounis needs to go to more events since he just came back from quitting).

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
@Verm - Kel's a MK main from Ohio who placed top 8 in several MLGs. IIRC he was one of the "pros" that MLG named. This was an MK banned tournament so he was using Marth, which obviously needs to be taken into consideration..but it's still worth mentioning since he's a seasoned veteran and he's consistently.

As far as money matches...if you want a good one then I beat Legan's ZSS (his current main) in a $10 MM a few months ago. And again in a $5 MM one or two locals ago. I can name some more if I gave it some thought. And if you count the Ganon Gauntlet which was technically a $MM, you can add Espy, Deltacod, Hylian, and Ripple.

Right now, my MMs stand as wins over Lada and Izumi. I don't think Izumi would count as being extremely notable, but still worth mentioning. So we're roughly 2-2, 2-2 on both ends, for MMs and tourney wins. (If considering Ganon, if the whole set wasn't taken, then it's in reality a match taken off rather than a set as Ganon.) But yeah, if you've got a few more to name, I don't think there'd be much argument, but they'd obviously have to be relatively good players.

As for GG, being one stock only and us Ganons technically not having any of our own money on the line... you get the idea. :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also, Seibrik's wario is probably top 5. He has beat Nick Riddle/MVD in tournament super recently. Enough for 5th?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Also, Seibrik's wario is probably top 5. He has beat Nick Riddle/MVD in tournament super recently. Enough for 5th?
The requirements for top 5 really is not clear, its kinda annoying seeing inconsistency when adding people.

Anyway I would probably agree with this since what Stingers said above is true and Malcolm has some good wins actually, overlooked an event.
:017:

BPx

Smash Lord
Waymas and JNig are both really good too. I mean Waymas has been winning like every MX tourney hes been to for awhile now, its hard to compare regions, but winning is winning. My good placements have been mainly in doubles, though I have beaten a few notables in singles. I can get results later, but I'm not entirely sure I deserve the spot. also croi

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Just last week Silly kyle beat Z 2-0 and two stocked him both games. Vato beat silly kyle and then Sk92 and then beat me and got extreamly close to beating tyrant!

MVD

Smash Master
thats prolly better than sky and bpow lol
I wouldn't put seibrik above sky cause sky has been using wario with success for a bit ya know,seibrik definitely will climb the list tho, he dies deserve at least 5th tho

Cassio

Smash Master
The voice of reason didnt seem to be very familiar with the players he was talking about, lol. List is fine as is, moving on sounds great.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Silly Kyle is not equivalent to 4god, Reflex, or Kismet. Falln...IDK anything he has done besides beat Havok's Snake and then get **** on by his MK. I can't really use A.C. as a comparison considering I have only heard of him from that one Cali tournament, but he is less consistent than the people on P1's list (IMO). Kira is good, but Reflex/4god are definitely better.
Falln has some pretty good wins tbh. I don't know all of his big wins but I think he has wins on Tyrant, Pwii, and others.
Kira might be close to 4god, but not to Reflex.
Also, you have to keep in mind when P1 uses Reflex for his wins that Reflex most likely beats P1 much more often than P1 beats him.

Dojo

Smash Champion
What has Dojo actually done with ICs recently? Not that I'm doubting that he's done anything at all, I'd just like to know why he's now considered over Smoom and Roller.
Won a tournament - 20ish entrants.
Consistently top 3 in about 6 tourneys with them since February.

Wins:
Denti
Espy
Kprime
PJ
Megafox x3

falln

Smash Ace
Falln has some pretty good wins tbh. I don't know all of his big wins but I think he has wins on Tyrant, Pwii, and others.
Kira might be close to 4god, but not to Reflex.
Also, you have to keep in mind when P1 uses Reflex for his wins that Reflex most likely beats P1 much more often than P1 beats him.
i have 3 set wins on tyrant. unfortunately it's 1 in mid tiers 1 in randoms and 1 in allbrawl ;(

my best wins though are anuar, z, mikehaze, rich brown (on a day he decided to go all mk), sky, pwii, jerm, and vato

and i got seibrik to say nice things about my kirby at genesis :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
GA/AL forever underrated. 4GOD, Reflex, and Kismet are all really good wins.
Thank god for Reflex, otherwise all this GA/AL talk would just be GA talk.

EDIT: That's not to say that other AL players aren't good, but none are nearly as well known as Reflex.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
i have 3 set wins on tyrant. unfortunately it's 1 in mid tiers 1 in randoms and 1 in allbrawl ;(

my best wins though are anuar, z, mikehaze, rich brown (on a day he decided to go all mk), sky, pwii, jerm, and vato

and i got seibrik to say nice things about my kirby at genesis :)
How recent were these? I honestly don't know, and I'm not saying this to be condescending or anything. Anuar/Mike/Rich are the most legit wins on that list for sure. Z/Sky/Pwii (not gonna say anything about Vato since this is the debate in the first place) are good too, but a step down IMO. If those wins were any type of recent (I would say...since November) then you are a legit win. However, one person being on par with 4god/kismet/reflex does not an overall equivalence make.

Imean, I count vouch for a lot of the players Vato brings up because I haven't played them. I have played everybody P-1 has mentioned and can tell you that they are all amazing players. Billy can take me to last hit, Reflex is always difficult, Kismet is easy for me but that's just because I play Pikachu, 4god has taken games off my ICs before, as has BigLou.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
This thread is absolutely the worst thread ever.

Teevee4Lyfe tho

guys I beat bleachigo and keitaro with marth put me at fifth

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I didn't think it was possible but this thread is even more active than before, ****.

I skipped like 10 pages, but I guess the Marth list was updated so iz all good.

Edit: Still not sure why Zex is 2nd tho, did someone post his results with Marth recently?

falln

Smash Ace
How recent were these? I honestly don't know, and I'm not saying this to be condescending or anything. Anuar/Mike/Rich are the most legit wins on that list for sure. Z/Sky/Pwii (not gonna say anything about Vato since this is the debate in the first place) are good too, but a step down IMO. If those wins were any type of recent (I would say...since November) then you are a legit win. However, one person being on par with 4god/kismet/reflex does not an overall equivalence make.
posted all my recent wins a few pages ago but anyway

anuar is a very old win and he's beaten me like the next 5 times we met
mike/rich/z/sky were summer 2011
pwii jerm and everyone else in texas was november 2011
vato was feb 2012

everything else i posted earlier has been from november through til now

and it hasnt been my intent at any point to downplay georgia. all of my posts have been strictly in response to other people downplaying socal and az

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom