• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
What has Dojo actually done with ICs recently? Not that I'm doubting that he's done anything at all, I'd just like to know why he's now considered over Smoom and Roller.

Player-1

Smash Legend
1. I never said they don't count, my point was my top wins are better than your top wins and I'm backing it up by showing what they've done on a national level (as well as regional and local).

2. btw this was like the same argument cassio was using against me before which you were supporting until I showed him he was wrong

| Big D |

Smash Master
cheese > vinnie son

so technically wedge is like a top 3 sonic
Cheese beat Orion, Orion beat vinnie. Inui now decrees Cheese > Vinnie.

:phone:

4: Big D ($17.50) better than ch33se lmao. keep it up. those were some fun matches
Top 5 ICs Kthxlol

But on a more serious note, I've got some notable wins that could warrant a top 5 spot due to Smoom's inactivity.

I'm ranked first on our PR

Placed 4th at Phoenix 7 (Regional/Impulse qualifier)

First at BCBM10

First at BCBM11

I have beaten...
T-Block (2nd best :pt:)
Asadelta (#1 Hawaii/Beaten Z)
Captain L(4th best :pikachu2:/BCPR#2)
Firefly(4th best :yoshi2:/BCPR#3)

I plan to go to Impulse this summer and will hopefully have more results then.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Bio beat Razer, Smoom, Pj, and is much more active @ V.

Player-1, we'll talk about it when Vato and BigLou pop up.

KillLock will be addressed when someone can give me his wins/losses/results.
Raziek will too.

I can't work with just, 'blah blah needs to be higher'.

Sync, state why you deserve to be above Fino.
I JUST TOLD YOU THIS ON THE PHONE, BROOOOOOOOOOO
I haven't lost anything locally in a while. I have recent sets in the Marth video forum.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323215

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322946

Haven't been able to travel since February for Revival of Salt, where I played quite a few money matches, which can be seen here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319240

I intend to travel for Impulse this June/July.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand though. If he didn't beat anyone notable is an argument against Vinnie, then it's only fair other Zelda mains are put under the same scrutiny. If they have objectively better resume's in terms of wins, they'll be put above him.

He demonstrated he's capable of winning a tournament by winning a tournament. That's his level of skill, which is something other Zelda mains haven't done. There's video evidence of Vinnie using Zelda as early as 2009 on his youtube channel.

Rather than just saying they are better qualified, you should specifically say who is better qualified and say how they are better qualified. Bashing Vinnie doesn't really mean anything until you make a constructive argument in favor of someone else.
It's not about bashing Vinnie, it's about who deserves the spot. Someone else who has used Zelda and placed well for a while with her was taken off so that his 1-tournament winning Zelda could replace that person. I don't think winning 1 tournament, without beating anyone who is known to be exceptionally good, is enough to get you a top 5 spot, not to mention top 3.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
if the wins he got in that 1 tournament were better than all of the wins the zelda that got taken off had, he very well deserves that spot.

if someone is able to get more/better wins than you in 1 tournament, you probably dont deserve to be on the list in the first place

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Kamaji and Jamnt0ast were two ranked players at my tournament. Beat Kamaji's Snake. At Apex I beat Dueler X and Lada. I can't remember if I beat anyone else. That being said, the current top 5 is kind of a mystery to me.

DLA, who've you beaten recently? With Ganon, obviously. I know you beat YoshQ in a MM at Apex, but I haven't seen who you've beaten in recent times.

As for Breezy, if I remember correctly, he was bumped up to third by virtue of the inactivity of others in conjunction with a win on Sinny. The Ganon Top 5's always been stretched thin, and I think now more so than ever. To be honest, I don't think <any> of us have really done anything in the past six months.

Oh, and as I always say, I think Fonz needs to show at least one more performance before I'm fully convinced. Fonz, if you're reading this, I know you hate me saying that, but go out there and prove that you can do that same thing again! Or at least, a similar performance.

Cassio

Smash Master
P-1:Youre underrating A.C. and silly kyle quite a bit atm.

Like id mentioned earlier the reason oos is important for GA is because we need a point of comparison. Travelling to a national is the easiest way to do this, but if you have good people who travel to your region or top national players in your region then its still not hard to figure out which Socal is fortunate to have.

Also I would agree with you that when youre having to reference wins its because youre one step removed from that regions best players. However its conclusion is different depending on the region. SoCal's best players are a level above virtually every other region, and the players below that are what you would find on PRs even in relatively good states. Like, I dont see how awex wouldnt be considered a good win when hes beaten known good players like Zekey and Pitbull and has had a history of doing well before.

Asa

Smash Hero
Top 5 ICs Kthxlol

But on a more serious note, I've got some notable wins that could warrant a top 5 spot due to Smoom's inactivity.

I'm ranked first on our PR

Placed 4th at Phoenix 7 (Regional/Impulse qualifier)

First at BCBM10

First at BCBM11

I have beaten...
T-Block (2nd best :pt:)
Asadelta (#1 Hawaii/Beaten Z)
Captain L(4th best :pikachu2:/BCPR#2)
Firefly(4th best :yoshi2:/BCPR#3)

I plan to go to Impulse this summer and will hopefully have more results then.

you do have some good wins, and imo you should be top5. It'd be better to get back to this after Impulse, though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
In not underrating those players at all and vato hasnt beaten any of his regions top national players whets ad I have a win in reflex who can be argued as that

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
Thats the worst argument, lol. Vato went to last hit with Tyrant in a set last weekend and a close set vs rich from what I heard.

Diska itd be easier if you presented a list of people who should be on instead of Vinnie. Delux is right just criticizing Vinnie isnt constructive.

Also I kind of think Roller should still be on over Dojo too.

Player-1

Smash Legend
dehf, mikehaze, richbrown, tearbear, or havok are worse than sk92 (who has had subpar results recently) and AC? I find that hard to believe, need some results.

If you're going to count close sets then $1 MMs should also count which I beat Tyrant in at Apex.

Cassio

Smash Master
Im not counting close sets, but its dumb to say someones bad because theyre losing to someone thats shown to be a skilled player.

A.C. and SK92 are probably Tearbear/Anuar level imo.

vato_break

Smash Master
no, close sets do not count, which is why i never said anything about coming close to beating sober tyrant or richbrown. AC/SK are probably tearbear/Anuar level as AC/Sk both have recent wins on tearbear(both 2-0)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Can you tell me where I said SK92 and AC are bad? Those top 5 in socal have at least done something notable nationally recently (except I guess maybe tearbear? He did good at LSC right? idk).

You guys still aren't addressing my main point. 4God, Kismet, DRN, and Reflex have all done something on a national level (as well as regionally and locally) recently and I've beat them, Vato's wins haven't. My top wins>vato's top wins. Are you denying that?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Kamaji and Jamnt0ast were two ranked players at my tournament. Beat Kamaji's Snake. At Apex I beat Dueler X and Lada. I can't remember if I beat anyone else. That being said, the current top 5 is kind of a mystery to me.

DLA, who've you beaten recently? With Ganon, obviously. I know you beat YoshQ in a MM at Apex, but I haven't seen who you've beaten in recent times.

As for Breezy, if I remember correctly, he was bumped up to third by virtue of the inactivity of others in conjunction with a win on Sinny. The Ganon Top 5's always been stretched thin, and I think now more so than ever. To be honest, I don't think <any> of us have really done anything in the past six months.
I thought you lost to Lada at APEX?

I forgot about your win vs Kamaji though. Nice job. I have no idea how good he is so I wouldn't know how to compare him to Fonz's wins though...maybe someone can help with that.

As for me, I've beaten YoshQ in tournament several times in the past year. I also beat YbM in bracket at Revenge, and I beat Kel and Luckay4Lyphe (though we both switched to secondaries after I beat his Pit game 1) in pools at Vengeance. All of these are ranked players. I'm not even gonna go into money matches.

I've used over half a dozen secondaries in tournament since APEX and I'm still doing the most work with Ganon right now. Admittedly it's not as much as I had hoped for, but I have a feeling that that's going to change next weekend at PS4. I've been in the hyperbolic wifi chamber and I can't wait to wipe the Ganon**** all over everyone's faces.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
DLA is the best Ganon, his results are clearly the best, period.

Also, Vato n Player1, its getting old, neither of you are National level threats, just agree whoever does best at their next respective event will be higher ~__~

:017:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Too many discussions going on at once, there needs to be only groups of certain characters open for discussion at a time. Like every 3 days swap to a different set of 5 characters.

vato_break

Smash Master
Just because my wins haven't traveled does not mean they are not good as yours(it's a lot harder for socal to travel to nationals because they are all held on the opposite coast usually, EC players probably never have to travel more than 5-6 hrs to get to a national). They have both beaten tearbear who is considered top 4 in socal

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I thought you lost to Lada at APEX?

I forgot about your win vs Kamaji though. Nice job. I have no idea how good he is so I wouldn't know how to compare him to Fonz's wins though...maybe someone can help with that.

As for me, I've beaten YoshQ in tournament several times in the past year. I also beat YbM in bracket at Revenge, and I beat Kel and Luckay4Lyphe (though we both switched to secondaries after I beat his Pit game 1) in pools at Vengeance. All of these are ranked players. I'm not even gonna go into money matches.

I've used over half a dozen secondaries in tournament since APEX and I'm still doing the most work with Ganon right now. Admittedly it's not as much as I had hoped for, but I have a feeling that that's going to change next weekend at PS4. I've been in the hyperbolic wifi chamber and I can't wait to wipe the Ganon**** all over everyone's faces.
I won the runback lol.

Also, I actually don't know Kel--who does he use? Assuming it was all Ganon? As for MMs, right now, we need all we can get to delineate, so definitely mention 'em so we can have some certitude here. 'Cause as it stands, our tourney wins are pretty even if you beat Kel all Ganon. If you've got some names in (I think $5 is the minimum acceptable for this, right?) MMs, then you take the cake.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
they put aposl and number 2 when he's clearly number 1

Player-1

Smash Legend
Just because my wins haven't traveled does not mean they are not good as yours(it's a lot harder for socal to travel to nationals because they are all held on the opposite coast usually, EC players probably never have to travel more than 5-6 hrs to get to a national). They have both beaten tearbear who is considered top 4 in socal
I drove 13+ hours to apex lolz.

Maybe they are as good as mine (they're not), but they don't have the results to back it up which is how this whole thread works.

falln

Smash Ace
You guys still aren't addressing my main point. 4God, Kismet, DRN, and Reflex have all done something on a national level (as well as regionally and locally) recently and I've beat them, Vato's wins haven't. My top wins>vato's top wins. Are you denying that?
if you're asking on a national level then yea your statement isn't accurate.

at g2 kira got a set win on zex and tblock in pools and then beat shaky in bracket (outplacing kismet in the process)

sk regionally has already had a few very good wins listed (terry/anuar) and at g2 beat seibrik in pools and mvd and a couple others in bracket

and if you're going to pull the "national level" card then you cant discredit genesis 2 because of how few and far between large scale tournaments such as apex and g2 are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom