• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| The Tempest | A QLD Major Tournament | See latest post for a Montage :3

I am interested in attending 'The Tempest'

• Total voters

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I am sorry to nick, I feel so bad for what happened and I have no reason to expect you to forgive me. It was pretty dog and after all you do for me (and Ryan) you deserve better.

Time constraints made me last matches of the day terrible. Soooo bad.

Ted is amazing no doubt but if ben Josh zac and Bryce showed, and chris didn't choke (even though gords is legit), the top 10 would have looked extremely different.

Too bad all those players are *****es.

Especially zac.

Great tournament Anthony. Love your work. Thanks for all the matches guys.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ted would go pretty even with Ben Bryce and Josh these days imo. Melee results? Kas, Rob, Ryan top 3?
Bold opinion SD but unless he has skilled up massivily since Thriller and no one else has and we've actually gotten worse. I doubt it.

Yeah Kas, Ryan and Rob we're top 3. No other melee player really showed up.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i wish i friendlied ted and gords more. i didn't get to play them at all except in doubles (where me and hugh ***** them =P) and they're both fun guys to be around.

EDIT: currently in the process of cutting and editing and compressing the videos i took at the tournament. expect vids on wednesday (i'm going to be away from the internet for a while between now and then)

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Lol didnt forfeit, we were both on 1 stock, I woulda won. Anyways I asked him what he bans and he said doesnt matter, So I go to pick yoshis and hes like, ohhh wait I ban that...

S.D

Smash Master
Bold opinion SD but unless he has skilled up massivily since Thriller and no one else has and we've actually gotten worse. I doubt it.

Yeah Kas, Ryan and Rob we're top 3. No other melee player really showed up.
Ted has improved A LOT imo. Not trying to offend you guys at all, you may have gotten way better too, but Ted has been coming on in leaps and bounds lately. Maybe he's not at the same level as you guys yet but he's getting closer.

Thats like saying Ted goes even with you, you and Ben are 1 each right...

Kas
Ryan
Rob
I'm 2 - 1 vs Ben, and I 3 stocked him on his CP (Mute) when we last played. Not saying Ben isn't legit, I'm just trying to say Ted is a whole lot better now. Those guys might have seen that if they went along.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Ted is good guys, he spaces really well. He took a match off me, and I've improved alot too. I was probably rushing in a bit too much in my matches against him cuz I was running late for movies loool but he still punished me for that.

IMO ben and Bryce would beat Ted. He's still really good though, maybe on par with Josh. If ben had showed up a bit earlier we coulda friendlied, I haven't played ben in forever :(.

Keen to get back into practicing now, but gotta find someone other than Ryan to get the sheik practice I desperately need. :(:(.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah ted is great ganon
too bad he couldn't vs ben josh and brice. it would be close.. (cant say more than that since they didn't play)
4th is respectable. him placed higher than gords and chris and dif. a few missed u airs against rob cost him.
shout outs later when u are over this talking up ****

Sloth

Smash Ace
Not sure how you spelt my name wrong Arrow when everyone else has been putting it as 'Bryce'! Crazy man.
Regardless, Tedeth may have improved a lot and I don't doubt his ability. 4th is good as well as taking a round off rob. So well done man ! :)

But people tend to forget how good other players are when they don't see them in action/play them. It's like clouded vision. It does irk me how often I see this. - So comparing us to Tedeth is a futile exercise in itself.

Can someone post up a bracket or is it hiding somewhere amongst the posts? I want to see!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
XD sorry never seen it written only heard your name.
vyse has bracket.
imo cant tell who is better unless they vs within reason.. btw tristan still the best?

Sirias

Smash Champion
It's sad that I did better with G&W and Mewtwo than Link and Roy, haha, lame. =/

Ted can space but no mind games yet.
And he needs better contacts. d:
Don't mean to be mean but if Bryce and Ben are around how they last were, they'd beat him.
Dunno about Josh, though.
Srsly though, Bryce, getting a bit worked up, lol?
And you, too, Sam.
Too much caring.

Grand Finals with Ryan are gay because he ALWAYS has to leave asap so it has to be so rushed. :c

Lachlan, you wouldn't have won, you did bad, you are bad, Cphanso isn't as bad as you think.

Bad luck, Rob, I was hoping you would win so I could play you.
But it was really fun with Ryan. <3

And yes, Australian commentary is terrible.

I'm glad Zac didn't go.
Although considering both of us were fudged, wouldn't be too bad.
lolol

Needs more alcohooolll...

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I nearly beat Rob *flex* maybe I should start practicing Melee... nah too lazy >_>

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
if kas won melee singles he's a beast.. he was out in the valley drinking with me, seaDORF, bob and nick til the early hours of sunday morning.. absinth shots and everything haha me and sea we so ****ed that we spent all day on the couch.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wish I could have gone, also lol ted is the absolute ****, of course he placed higher then gords, he can 4 stock gords easily

robocop is going to be very intresting.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Is there a result post someone can direct me to? I apparently entered this tournament while I was at a BOOST tournament in Sydney. =S

Gords

Smash Champion
IMO ted is better than bryce, josh, syke.
Why?
Cause he actually attends tourneys. From the sounds of it the melée guys from qld have ditched a number of tourneys including lansmashes.

Also luke.
If I play as good as I was playing on the weekend I doubt ted could 4 stock me, let alone easily. Ask him.
Although I do admit that ted is better than me.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah Gords was playing the best I've seen him play in a long, long time. So was EA actually. They both brought their A game, I was very pleased.

So much controversy. Who cares. I came 4th. I'm pretty pleased with my performance and want to keep improving. I don't know how I would have done against those guys but I would def have liked to play them.

Anyway, I had a great time.... for the most part lol.

Will do ****loads of shoutouts later after I sleep for a bit.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
<3 Ted.
& I agree with Kas for the most part.
Everyone cares too much about proving they're a better man on a video game lol.
Pretty sure Kas is laid back as hell and wins all Melee tourneys so stop being so sirias, ppl.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
uh tired lets do it. shoutouts.

~oosers~
ted - good job in brawl and melee, **** gannon, wario, hope to vs it again. gj carrying chris. too bad about melee doubles. nice lunch.

ea - didn't play you in brawl but i heard the rumor about those iclimbers (Icies). gj in crews you were wrecking with marth. badluck in the melee bracket, hate getting instantly put into losers against kas. nice falco needs more lasers and work on sweet spotting the ledge.

gords - good job against chris. chris 4 stocked me twice that day 2 XD. shiek has a **** matchup on pikachu abuse it =). zzz i need more patience to play against your campy toon link gj beating me.

nasch - nice diddy, a few silly moves cost you against jbirds though.

jesmo - nice of you to come, didn't play you though.

dino - that melee brawl yoshi, knocking out cal and dean felt good. nice crews. and changing a tire skills. also talking in general.

~regulars~
amataratsu chris - gj 4 stocking me, i gotta work out how to stop running into forward smashs. come on hero win singles.. thanks for the lift to lunch.

uber chris - haha played you alot, nice link dont know how you went in melee singles but you might have beaten lachlan or whoever. forfieted.

cal - you must have been on a diet because there wasn't too many meals. gj beating tiahn and nat... i guess. good times with ya cal.

jbirds - poor jbirds atleast you beat jesmo. you too chocking against ted was sad though. nice melee friendlies ya getting better. just gotta watch out for the wizard.

dean - stop making ted hate qld geez, stop getting 3 stocked in crews, stop picking on jesmo.

dif - nice doubles matches bl against gords, he must have been playing good. harsh pokefloats.

hugh - good rests, its so hard to stop a jiggly puff @_@ atleast didn't vs kas right up?

sieg - would have gone to station, couldn't understand though 2 min delay livestream :S plus flat tire and didn't go home =P nice to see you though, should have talked more.

proxy - nice snake ditto, should come more

vyse - thanks for doing all the hard work that made this an sucess. have no idea what happened to you in any game.

team dragonforce - you suck, dont ban floats.

"andrew" - nice to see fresh blood, that lucario needs more patience, and know about the snake match up. gj making it into the bracket

tiger - gj in melee doubles. sorry about eliminating you -,- harsh abaddonment on the saterday. less alcahol.

hotdogs - lucky win in pools. almost beat rob huh. he is the biggest sandbag =P

rob - gj in melee, you are always so rushed, i could tell by your playing style. didn't get a full game with you =P

ryan - ffs just beat kas.

kas - oh my gawd you are too good.

rocko - nice to see you, hate vsing metaknights but i will beat it next time for sure.

jaice - nice peach and olimar, think i caught you in your warmup phase, saw you ****** some really good people. bl against jesmo and jbirds i though you and matt had that.

matt - didn't play you :/ same as jaice really.

women - gj taking a game of cal and dean. gj hugging vyse nat??? and tiahn was the better pikachu.

dorfs - were there for a sec, so i could see the haircuts. bl against boring brawl ****.

kaion chris - didn't see you much, heard about your car, bad luck >.< saw you beat gords though it was a nice match.

toki - heard you did well. dont remember if i played you probably not. nice to see you there.

ben - oh hi

moose - good that you patched it up with the dorfs :s rooooy

aaron - nice commentating, you have gotten alot better since last time we played aswell in melee. nice doc, fat head kid.. and rusty falcon.

hope i didn't miss anyone

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Uber shoutouts:

Vyse: First I want to thankyou for putting a heap of your time and effort into running this. You always go out of your way to keep people happy. An example of this is when you decided to team with me at thelast minute because I didn't have a partner, I think we did really well considering we knew nothing about each other's style of play XD. Thanks a tonne man!

Dif: G&W is too good. I suggest you put that 5 cents into some sort of investment, a house perhaps? I shall give you the file i owe you soon ;) Anyways, thanks a tonne for all the friendlies; they were really helpful to get me warmed up. Also thanks for letting me steal all the matches from your computer XD Ill put those to good use. Hope to see you at the next big tournament!

Hugh: Man, those recording setups were sweet, thanks to both you and dif. Also, is it me remembering funny or did you use sheik for one of your matches? O_o If it was you, OMG use sheik moar! Seriously I thought your sheik was as good as your jiggs. Hope too see you guys at upcoming tournaments.
Grab > Rest!

Aaron (KAOS): FD!!! Man your doc and ness are sweet, really surprising; I wouldn't think doc would have a chance against a fox, but you were beating fox at several points of our match! Nice work! Practice your chain throw more; thats where you really got me. If you can keep control of the match for a decent length of time with that you could easily take out some very good players. Hope too see you at upcoming tournaments.

Arrow: Best gannon in Australia taking on link = epic match. XD Nice team we made in those double friendlies too; we ***** everyone >_> Cool guy to friendly with and a very good player. Since you asked: I did reasonably in singles, winning my first two matches but then closely taken out by gords. Anyways, See you at the next one!

Lachlan: Nice friendlies we had, I think it was luck that allowed me to beat you in singles. since you were ****** me in friendlies :0 My marth was no match for you, I should really learn to use him properly XD Anyways, hope to play you in the future.

Guy who did commentary and plays yoshi and who's tag i believe is DINO: Very animated and fun commentary, you should do more of it. I didn't get to play you much which is unfortunate but there is always another tournament.

J-Birds: Nice to see someone playing some unique characters like samus. Good that you have a fox as well, you play them both very well. Samus survives way too much though! D: Anyways, Find me for more friendlies next time!

Gords: Didn't get to friendly you, but in our tournament match you won fair and square. You played extremely well and I started to get lazy. Your much better than you were at squat, but dont worry, I shall have revenge! PokeFloats is a stage I should really learn how to play on XD

Ryan (xlr8): Cool friendlies, especially the fox dittos :p Even when I was 2 stock up in that one match i got lucky in, you brought it back, pro. You pull some epic faces when your playing ;) Shame your match with Kas was rushed. Hope to do more fox dittos!

Rob: We only got a few friendlies in but they were fun. And wow at your double 4 stocking that kid >_> Falcon punch ftw! Anyways, ill probably see more of you next time,

Anyways thats it from me, if i missed anyone tell me.

"There is no way... that you can beat a Link... ever... I don't care how good you are." ,
Hugh (or was it dino, i cant remember)

S.D

Smash Master
Just to clarify, I never claimed any one person was better than another, I could really care less for such an argument, I merely stated that Ted would have competed with them, that's all... People taking things out of context... sif I care Kas JESUS CHRIST.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Melee Doubles - I didn't record what the payouts were, sorry!

1: Team Dragonforce (Lachlan + Syke)
2: Straight Dudes (Bob + Arrow)
3: Team Jbirds and Chris (J-Birds + Chris)
4: Soviet Russia (Hugh + Dif)
5: Imperishable Nights (Vyse + Uber)
5: West da bess (Ted + Gords)
7: Flying Wombats that shoot rainbows out of their mouths (Toki + Emery)

Melee Singles

1: Kas Awarded $109.50
2: Accelerate Awarded $54.60
3: Rob Awarded $18.20
4: Tedeth
5: Kami
5: Gords
7: Hotdogs
7: Amaterasu
9: Vyse
9: Lachlan
9: Uber
9: Dif
13: K-0S
13: Calibur
13: EA
13: Arrow
17: Zevran
17: Dino
17: Ultima
17: Testikills
17: J-Birds
17: Liam
17: Moose
17: Hugh
25: Bob

Brawl Doubles

1: Fire and Ice (Trojan style) (Ted + Amaterasu) Awarded $72
2: Jessie James (Jesmo + J-Birds) Awarded $36
3: Team JaM (Jaice + Matt) Awarded $12
4: The Lucky Alcohol (Rocko + Hotdogs)
5: Fighting Mongoose (Nasche + Proxy)
5: <3<3 Furry Kittens :3 (Bob + Kas)
7: Abandoned Dudes (Dino + Arrow)
7: Unlimited Supreme Maximum Uncontainable Infallible Rat Killing Lighting-Inconducive POWAH!!!! (Testikills + Cal)
9: Team Gallifriey (Kirk + Jack)
9: MetaLink (Liam + Anthony)
9: PikaPower ^ XX -- <3 (Tiahn + Natalie <(^_^<))
9: Perfect Cherry Blossom (Vyse + Gords) [lol how did we do worse than Dean and Cal?]

Brawl Singles

1: Tedeth (Wario) SYD Awarded $173.25
2: Amaterasu (Metaknight) QLD Awarded $96.25
3: J-Birds (Snake/Metaknight/Ice Climbers) QLD Awarded $57.75
4: Jesmo (Wolf/Metaknight) QLD Awarded $38.50
5: Ghnashnakoff (Diddy Kong) PERTH Awarded $38.50
6: toki (Marth) QLD [Was not able to arrive to the tournament to contest Nash for 5th]
7: Vyse (Diddy Kong) QLD
7: Matt (Luigi) QLD
9: Matty
9: Gords
9: Rocko
9: EA
13: R4VEN
13: Dino
13: Arrow
13: Hotdogu
17: Rebun
17: Calibur
17: Proxy
17: oldmanDORF
17: Andrew

--Did not proceed past Pools--

22: Jaice
22: Segafreak
22: Ty
22: seaDORF
22: Ethan
22: Testikills
22: Lucario
22: Jackson
29: Emery
29: Leeroy
29: Hobbs
29: Shath
29: K-0S
29: Goldy
36: Linkin
36: Soulblade3
36: Kirk
36: Nat
36: Michael
36: Matthew McCulloch

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys, thanks for making the tournament so fun. Best tourney I've been to hands down.

To eveyone I got to play, thanks for the good competition and I think nearly everyone complimented me on my Diddy, so thanks for that too. lol

Btw, will my matches against J-birds/Chris be uploaded on youtube?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Andy's a gun for coming 5th.
also Ted would dominate qld in melee anyday

Top Bottom