• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| The Tempest | A QLD Major Tournament | See latest post for a Montage :3

I am interested in attending 'The Tempest'

• Total voters

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think I'm going to skip Melee doubles just so I can focus on running the tournament more on Saturday, and managing the masses of newbies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Me and Soike could run melee doubles! If there's enough people o_O

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Me and hugh will run melee doubles. We'll be bringing 3 tvs, 2 recording setups and hugh already has a bunch of the regular meleers in tio by now. it just makes sense <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
No I meant I'm not going to enter the bracket. I'll still handle running it.
I'll need you guys to help me, but I'll be manning the station the whole time, whilst also setting up for Brawl Singles.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
An Email I wrote just now said:
Hey JB,

Figured it was about time I listed out everything we need to address/know/figure out

Equipment
A few things we need to look at with regards to equipment.

- Projector use/Screen Use

1. First (and easiest) question would be whether you guys have a spare projector I can borrow for the purposes of the tournament? I’d like a constant projector setup running on our side of the building.

2. Finals matches on Saturday I’d like to see run over on the big projector at the front of the room. I’ll probably want to do Winners Finals/Losers Finals/Grand Finals/Grand Finals Set 2, which would mean monopolising the projector for as much as 90 min +/-, however, I estimate that this may not happen until 8pm or even later (In fact, I’m going to go with even later). On Sunday I’d like to do the same thing, but I can see it taking a shorter time span, and it happening sooner in the evening.

3. Projector Screen: No chance of this happening? If not, we’ll do what we did last time and project against a wall. What I might do, is bring a big, white sheet and a couple of thumb tacks, or blu-tack or sticky tape or something and hold it up that way.

4. LCD monitors -> We’re planning to have N64 setups on the side and I’d really appreciate it if I could steal 2 LCD monitors for these. We’ll probably have GoldenEye 64 and a bunch of other games running throughout the weekend. If I can get LCDs on these setups, I can make sure the CRTs go where they really count. A 3rd one would be good to dual screen my laptop and TIO, but I think I can provide my own screen for that.

- Space
I take it we get the usual amount of space? I’m predicting 50+ people on Saturday, so we’re going to need it.

- Megaphone
I’m going to need some kind of megaphone. You guys have one floating around usually right? Don’t let Mark call dibs!

- Live Stream
Any progress on this situation? Was the plan to have a general Lan view stream and a Smash specific stream? What needs to happen? I leave this in your hands though. If it’s not feasible to have two streams, that’s fine. If we can have a specific smash one, it’d be nice to have it run through a projector. Otherwise we’ll just designate one setup for it. (Unless you were wanting just a general view, rather than feeding matches directly).

- Recording Matches
Any specific setup you want to go for with this? Ideally I’d like something that will capture screen, but capture commentary as well. I realise you can do this when we migrate up to the projector, which may be all we really want to record.
A couple of our guys, Hugh and Dif have their own recording setup/s, so I’ll probably rely on them to help me on that front.

Foodz
I’m still thinking I’m just gonna throw down $50-$100 on 1-2 Subway platters and telling people reimburse me and go nuts. Am I allowed to do this though? To bring in a bunch of food like that? (It’ll be enough to feed at least 20 people).

Schedule
(Estimated)

July 3rd, Saturday

10am - Melee Doubles Registration
10:30am - Melee Doubles
1:00pm - Brawl Singles Registration
1:30pm - Brawl Singles Pools
5:00pm - Brawl Singles Double Elimination
????pm – Crew Battle

July 4th, Sunday

10am - Brawl Doubles Registration
10:30am - Brawl Doubles
1:00pm - Melee Singles Registration
1:30pm - Melee Singles Pools
4:00pm - Melee Singles Double Elimination (Those who moved through pools)
????pm – Crew Battle
==
At this point I’m not sure what else I could possibly need from you/discuss with you. Hopefully this is a start!

- Anthony
I've also got to update the equipment thread.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
oops, my mistake.

*changes*

EDIT: I'm being generous with the alotted time. I predict that with Melee at least, given a tight enough ship, pools will be done much earlier.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
yeah I wouldn't be suprised if melee pools and bracket is done by 4:30 tbh lol but yeah.

GF is working saturday... may come to doubles... maybe...

Makes it harder to blow her off on sunday though lolol.

emery

Smash Cadet
I was gonna need a doubles partner but i can't make it on time, so i'm not gonna come on the sunday

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
I, too, need a partner for melee doubles, I am also willing to partner up for brawl with the same person if they want me to, but you must understand that I suck at brawl.

@CaLibUr_1337: Im happy to partner with you but is this for melee, brawl or both your talking about? Also if you partner with me your not going to do well in the tournament, keep that in mind.

EDIT: Is there a topic on smashboards to post TV + Setups? I can probably bring one medium sized TV with melee and brawl setup.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Have work saturday. Till 12 soooo I might just pass. Sowwy
Street Fighter and Melee Sunday.

EVERYONE BRING WII'S AND GAME CUBES AND STUFF EVEN IF YOU CAN'T BRING A TV.

We have a good amount of TVs for the event now, but I NEED Wii's and Cubes and such. I know you all have them. BRING THEM.

Also I have 2 projectors + the finals projector up the front of the LAN for 3 projectors total.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
cant bring a tv, its 2 big.

it was funny when chris and chris played. chris used link and chris used young link. chris won in the end which was a shame for chris.

zzz dekar why wouldn't it be on, even if not many OOS are going its still a qld tourny so its all good.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I thought about deleting Dek's post, but why hide it!

Anyhow, with any luck we'll have an abundance of setups. Friendlies allll day.
EDIT: Arrow, get on MSN plz

EDIT2: Nevermind, it's sorted.

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick XD

I'm gonna bring 2 TVs, 2 Wiis, 1 Brawl & 1 Melee. What's happening with Brawl recordings and such?

Every time I hear someone say Chris it's never about me. rages

Top Bottom