• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| The Tempest | A QLD Major Tournament | See latest post for a Montage :3

I am interested in attending 'The Tempest'

• Total voters

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sorry man lol.

I swear next time I see you I'll bring it all lol. I just couldn't be stuffed bringing it all over the city and back again. I always hate carrying things on me when I go out.

I'll prolly see you at Robocop next assuming I have the money.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
seaDORF - Man I feel so bad, but I wanted to go as 100% ICs as I could, so sorry. You're a pretty cool guy, though. Just remember, as Ganon be very careful about your stage picks against ICs, it's your main strength in the matchup; we hate anything that moves or changes constantly. And try to be quick on your feet and disorient the ICs if you can. It won't work against experienced ICs players but against anyone else you should be able to stop them starting up any real defence this way, just be as fast and as confusing as possible. Sorry I can't be much help though, there's really not much I can say about the bad side of an unwinnable matchup...
Cheers for the tips mate. Luckily jbirds plays ic's to so i'll get some practice in and we'll play down at robocop. Let's hope i take more than 1 stock next time to at least make it a little more interesting haha. Getting 3 stocked isn't much fun. You're a good bloke though and you've got a great ice climbers. Look forward to playing again.

I was a little inebriated at the tournament hence my constant toilet visits so i'm sorry if i didn't get around to talk to some people. Good blokes all around though. I'll post some shoutouts to the major players.

Vyse - On ya mate. Exceptional contribution and organizing.

Testikills - Good housing/transportation/commentary

I've probably missed a billion people but i honestly can't remember much. Smashed down a $2 bottle of red wine and 3 tallies during tournament.

Summary of tournament: Awful memories of being chaingrabbed. Everything else was a blur.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Good bloke.
Hahahaha.
Cheers mate.
I'll never be able to say things like that.

What was it called again?
That's it.
So
UNAUSTRALIAN.
Lal bra.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I have more fun though when i'm feeling slightly tipsy. Ganondorf isn't really a technical character and barely requires any skill and has very little combo potential so having a few drinks shouldn't affect my playstyle too much. Besides, i'm terrible and will never be "up there" so i may as well just play to have fun. Also, having a couple of drinks in you makes every D-air and F-air so much more satisfying. Just love hearing his grunts everytime he clocks someone.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no way man, I've been playing everyone with ganon lately and you can pull off crazy 0-80% combo's and ****

ganon da bess.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
no way man, I've been playing everyone with ganon lately and you can pull off crazy 0-80% combo's and ****

ganon da bess.
:p completely dependent on their DI though. A decent player won't get comboed by ganon. They just have to avoid being baited by you.

What combos are you doing?

From what i can tell, ganon only has...

1. Flame choke ---> appropriate follow up move (d-tilt, f-tilt or jab) ---> bait the aerial and shieldgrab ---> D-throw ---> U-air/F-air

Many variations there. You can flame choke and repeat the process instead of shield grab.

2. Flame choke ---> Read their DI and chainchoke.

3. Thunderstorm chain at low percents if their DI is terrible.

4. Throws into aerials

Probably a few more but cbf thinking right now. Got to get in bed for a 04:30 morning shift tomorrow... niiiiiight

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol stuff like that, uair goes off, dash attack can be good thrown in the end of combo's.

also if you can catch people off guard dthrow/fthrow (depending on %) to utilt works every so often.
been landing alot of utilt's, they are pretty lols when you can get them.

I've played decent players with my ganon, and combo's are the only real thing ganon has to even up the playing field.

a cool one if you can be bothered to learn, is thunderstomp on heavys at low percent, and make sure you get them more at their back then their front so they pop up behind you, then do a tip man which puts them into forced getup, which allows for another thunderstomp to bair.
0% to 70% or something like that.
also thunderstomp to usmash under platforms can work every now and then.

lotsa cool stuff to **** around with.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
oi, respect plx
Hey, as much as I love you and your tourney-organising prowess, there just aren't enough ACT tourneys to go around. Arguably ACT tourneys fall under the "for once" banner just like Tempest. ;)

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok Shoutouts,

Dean
Epic shout out to you mate for driving me to the airport at 5am. Also thanks to you and your awesome mum for the housing and taking in Ted and EA on short notice. It was good catching up again, hopefully next time we can get more games in.*

Vyse
Great tourney man. Enjoyed it heaps. I really like versing you and next I will finally beat you in a tourney diddy ditto. Also it was nice meeting Nat. Hopefully I will be able to make it up in about 3 weeks, keep me posted on what's happening from meets to tourneys.*

Ted
Congrats on winning brawl and great job in melée too. Your fundamentals are just to good. And thanks for your coaching and support through out the weekend, it helped me heaps to just stay calm. Now all you need to do now is be the highest placed Australian at robocop and there will be no dispute that you are australia's best.*

Chris
Congrats on second. Didn't really get to play you except for our melée tourney match. Next time I'm up we will have to play some. I would have liked to play you in PPL as well but didn't get the time.*

Kas
Congrats on winning melée. Pity Bob had to pack away the N64 just as you cane to play PPL. It is always fun playing you, next time.*

DJ
Not enough N64. And I didn't even get to see your new place either. Hopefully I can come up on about three weeks to get my N64 fix. Also thanks for picking me up from the airport espacially after getting ***** by road works.*

Dino
Nice seeing you again. Man the long hair makes you look so different. Didn't get a chance to play you at all in anything.*

J-birds
**** C4, I'll beat you next time. Anyways great catching up and I really enjoyed playing you in both games. Your melée is coming along nicely. And what was with ice climbers in brawl? It looked like you just gave up after a certain point.*

Hotdogs
I don't think I played you at all. Anyways it was nice to see you again and thanks for explaining some of the SF stuff to me. Still probably won't get into though but I enjoy watching it.*

Jesmo
Always nice to see you. Had fun in our matches although I wish we had played earlier than we did since I felt like I had run out of steam and couldn't really be bothered trying very hard after I was knocked out. Also you have the best family. Shout outs to them too.*

Arrow
Good games man. Yeah TLink is pretty campy and that's pretty much the tLink snake match up. Would have liked to spend more time up there, it's always fun playing whatever game with you around and your commentry.*

Mat/Jaice/Tiahn
Great catching up with all you guys again. Goid work mat on your brawl placing and bad luck with the pools jaice. Nice work in doubles Tiahn. I really enjoy playing you guys and it's always fun just chilling out with you guys. Hopefully I will be up in three weeks or so. Let me know of your next meet as well and of j get enough notice and/or money I'll see if j can make it. * *

Rob
Thanks for the matches and god help me if you ever learn the shiek match up. You already to better than me. I really enjoy playing you.*

Ryan
Also thanks for the melée friendlies. I learn heaps just from watching you and a lot mire from playing you a well. Look forward to the next time we play.*

Nathaniel
Dude your melée game was on fire. Honestly that was probably the closest set I had all weekend and I honestly was worried for a bit there. You seriously should have had that first game man, bad luck. Also you can have my PR spot when I take shayas. And thanks man for sticking up for me in your shout outs.*

Fat guy who's arrogant about pokemon
Just to satisfy your ego
78 70 61 50 61 100
Next time don't be such a douchbag.*

Uber
Great games man your link is really good. And bad luck on Floats, I was actually trying to KO you around that area to put you in that situation but I thought I had missed it. Best advice I can give for floats is don't die near sudowoodo. And if you do jump out of the respawn platform immediately and get away from any pokemon.

Ben
Sad I didn't get to catch up with you. And bad luck about you tyre. Hopefully next time I'm in qld we catch up.*

Scoot
I'm shouting out to you, even though you werent there, since you helped me with the snake match up which helped me considerably. It seemed that all I was playing was snakes and the only person who played snake that I lost to was J-birds and even that was extremely close.*

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Luke there are "tourneys" and "tourneys with more setups than people". :p
****ing ******.

just cause we as a scene can generate more setups then the other scenes on average doesnt mean we're ****.

also I wish I was there, I woulda made that fat poke*** cry ;)

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i think he wants to hide the fact that he almost lost in doubles. =P
u can just dl the videos, then get a program and speed it up to actual speed then watch. and if u dont like the people playing dont watch lol. feel like i am always telling trolls that.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
QUEESTIOONN.
How did testikills get videos of kas vs ryan on his montage when kas vs ryan wasn't recorded on the ustream lansmash? ARE THERE MORE VIDEOS SOMEWHERE?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
QUEESTIOONN.
How did testikills get videos of kas vs ryan on his montage when kas vs ryan wasn't recorded on the ustream lansmash? ARE THERE MORE VIDEOS SOMEWHERE?
I was the one who got the videos off the Ustream, but like Dif said, the videos were named wrong by somebody -_-. Dif says those matches are between Dif and Kas I think. I can't remember.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
i find it hard to believe that every video was named incorrectly, especially as they all follow the order of the tournament...

it seems more likely that the videos all got messed up in recording.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What happened was that for a lot of them, people weren't renaming the file when it got saved. You'll see a few of them that are named the same thing I think and people just kept saying to me "Oh, we'll rename them later" -_-

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
renaming the file before recording was for hugh's setup. i have no idea how it worked with vyse's setup, i wasn't really paying attention.

EDIT: the blue fox playing against rob is me. Rob vs Dif is under a Rob vs Accelerate name.

Top Bottom