• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah it's official, as of now the grounded footstool is useless, we'll have to stick with sexy aerial footstools.

It's hard enough just to get a regular grounded footstool with Sonic anyways, he has no tripping moves and his body is all weird, doesn't like jumping on stuff.

Silly blue mutant...

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Not to seem too much like a ****, but PK-ow shouldn't be credited with the discovery of grinding. The video guide I made for Sonic dash stuff had it in there about 6 months earlier. As far as I know I was the first one to find it >_>

Also, just wondering, the Air Dash works on the tournament legal Yoshi's Island? I had always wondered why no one hit me out of the overB when I'd charge it up on the edge. That's pretty cool.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sadly, Twinkles won't update this thread wather you really were the one to discover it or not, which I believe you do, but it won't happen.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I was experimenting with using the asc holding backward to eliminate the hitbox and then using that to get in on an opponent who will most likely be shielding, then using the footstool >spring > dair and trying to hit an up air after that. Could work for grounded footstool options maybe.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't I? If he can show me the proof I'll do it... but this discovery was waaaaaaay to old for me to spend the time verifying the claim.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's in his dash video from FOREVER ago. I'm not sure who cares about credit though. lol

Aftermath discovered it for the record. Just sayin.

While you're paying attention to the topic though, do you still play Brawl/Sonic Aftermath? Or did you run back to the good game where Samus didn't suck. XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its REALLY funny that you bring that vid up, cus im thinking a part of it has an application to be a monumental tech for sonic.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
This , i think. What gets me is the way you have to move the control stick. In the heat of battle, it can be hard to pull off. Either way, this requires practice. I would really want to learn this, I dont know about you guys. More range in Fsmashes is always good in my book. I can think of alot of things for this...Useful yes, hard to pull off, yes. It can be a benefit, though, What do I know? i am a silly person. :p

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
That's why I keep tap jump off, so I can run around like a ******, smashing the control stick all over the place and doing Spinshot too much.

I also do the foxtrot slide. It always makes me lol.
BTW, if you want to have Sonic look super cool, tilt the control stick to the side VERY slightly, then back neutral, repeat, repeat, quickly, and your Sonic will be crazai

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I play melee mainly now, although I think I might start brawl again for fun. I'd still just play Sonic though lol.

It doesn't look like there's many (new) techs though, so I can just focus on learning the game itself.

Browny

Smash Hater
Impractical gimp technique #... ive lost count

do a grounded spring at the edge of the stage, dair back down, jump on it to edgeguard. that way you are very high up, and still have your dumble jump and spring left to recover. you should be able to hang around offstage for a long time, drop a lot of bairs and even dair twice and still recover :D

Tenki

Smash Hero
Also, just wondering, the Air Dash works on the tournament legal Yoshi's Island? I had always wondered why no one hit me out of the overB when I'd charge it up on the edge. That's pretty cool.
Yes it does ;D

invincible spindash roll (as long as it's on the ground). I call it iSDR for short lol.

There aren't alot of new techs, but the spin cancel usage and stuff has seen alot more use recently.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I play melee mainly now, although I think I might start brawl again for fun. I'd still just play Sonic though lol.

It doesn't look like there's many (new) techs though, so I can just focus on learning the game itself.
It's not the size it's how you use it... Admittedly there haven't been a whole lot of new techs strictly speaking but as always people are finding new ways to apply them. I can't specifically think of one right now because there are too many to name.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Impractical gimp technique #... ive lost count

do a grounded spring at the edge of the stage, dair back down, jump on it to edgeguard. that way you are very high up, and still have your dumble jump and spring left to recover. you should be able to hang around offstage for a long time, drop a lot of bairs and even dair twice and still recover :D
But would you be able to do all that in time before you're opponent is too close to the stage or too low for it to help? They're not just going to float just outside the top left corner blastline you know XD

infomon

Smash Scientist
where on yoshis island can you airdash?
YI:B? Both sides of the main platform lol. Err, at least those are iSDRs, and they fall off the stage as iASCs... I don't think it's possible to airdash off the stage with those. It might be possible with the middle platform thing when it's rotated extreme, but I've never pulled it off.

I don't think I said anything you didn't already know lol.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
YI:B?
I am not familiar.
You mean the main platform? yeah you can't, the angle even when its steep is not enough, sonic's hop is too much at an angle to loop the invincibility frames.
At least if you try to do it on the platform. You may pull it off by dropping through then spindashing but you'll lose speed.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
I think I found out a new way to Spinshot

Last weekend I found out a way to spinshot that doesn't rely on correct timing to do it.

Step 1: Initiate down B charging in air. Don't release down.
Step 2: C-stick forward.
Product: Spinshot without timing required.

Yay, maybe I was the first to find this. If so, here's my contribution to Sonic's metagame.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Last weekend I found out a way to spinshot that doesn't rely on correct timing to do it.

Step 1: Initiate down B charging in air. Don't release down.
Step 2: C-stick forward.
Product: Spinshot without timing required.

Yay, maybe I was the first to find this. If so, here's my contribution to Sonic's metagame.
This is old.

Still the timing on the original Spinshot is not difficult.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
C-Stick up works too.

:093:
Up usually just hops straight up when I do it.

And to this being old, I've never seen it posted anywhere... It's a pretty notable technique, since there is NO margin for error with it. Do you have a link to it, if it was posted?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Like, this is back in June.

Maad old.

lol If you ever think you've found something new with spinshot, just come to me.

Odds are, I already know about it.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Okay, thanks

but thanks for posting about it regardless!!

10catswithsteak
Thanks, just thought it was worth mentioning, guess I just missed it and it wasn't mentioned again. That aside, I do think it should be put in the first post, just so this doesn't happen again.

Yay, the Sonic boards aren't as hostile as they used to be! < __ <

Also on another note, on Valentines I won a Sonic pillow from Gameworks for my girlfriend from a crane machine on my first try. Steak. We also won enough tickets to buy two real ceramic Sonic coffee cups. Not crappy plastic at all, it's awesome. I'll post pics later.

Oh yeah, and infzy, your avatar is awesome.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also on another note, on Valentines I won a Sonic pillow from Gameworks for my girlfriend from a crane machine on my first try. Steak. We also won enough tickets to buy two real ceramic Sonic coffee cups. Not crappy plastic at all, it's awesome. I'll post pics later.
That's steak. I can't wait to see those.

Oh yeah, and infzy, your avatar is awesome.
That's ME in his avatar.

>_>

Catt

Smash Apprentice
That's ME in his avatar.

>_>

Good job! Seriously though, they're really funny, I saw other ones in other avatars.

Anyway, on topic I need to get better at footstooling people, anyone got any easy advice? ...Well it doesn't have to be easy, so... just advice on it.

Browny

Smash Hater
I only ever actively try to footstool ikes, since their uair is so laggy, the only option is to airdodge, after which you can drop a spring or something. almost every other character can just uair you instead and still recover

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I coulda swore I had that in the OP... I definitely heard about that a long *** time ago wtf.

Top Bottom