• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Glitch/Tech/Non-obvious move list & Gimp Guide *updated 2/16*

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Nah they found out quite a while ago. I thought it was really dumb because it was something anyone can find if they're screwing around when they first pick up the game. I was kind of thinking "well, duh, hasn't anyone else tried holding the a button yet?"

hatdonningcat, you need to be doing it against D3. If you think otherwise you don't know what we're talking about and shush :o

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
You'd only know if you came here back in the day, when there was only like 10 of us posting here.

BTW, has anyone ever done it in a legit match?

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Ignore Zeal. He likes to "discover" useless crap so he can taunt people and use them as bargaining chips for the REAL information the rest of us find.

:p

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hey, can someone give me information on the dash attack cancel? I've been looking for info on it but I can't find anything.
Dash Attack Cancel[led Up Smash]
DACUS or DAC for short.

While running [and preferrably holding diagonal-up] > Hit a smash shortcut (C-stick) > U-smash.

example:
GC controller, tap jump off
[Hold diagonal up]>[C-stick down]-[A]

GC controller, tap jump off
[Hold forward] > [C-stick down]-[Up+Z (or A)]

The timing is really tight for Sonic's DACUS, but you can probably live without it lol.

It's alot easier to see for someone like Snake - he does the famed mortar slide instead.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Yeah, Sonic's is the most versatile of any character since he can control how far he slides (via tap length OR "grind"), how fast he slides (tap length), and he can shield/grab out of it (side-B cancel).

hoorah. I can pull it off at phanna speed about 80% of the time now. Can't use it effectively at all yet though ;__;
I can't use it all the time, but I have added the Dashdance version to my game, which is cool. I need to try Phanna's more, but I dont think i am technical enough.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's harder, but it lends you more control out of foxtrot if you can do it :/

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
It will probably not work regularly because for a Jump Break to happen, the victim needs to tap Jump or Rotate the Control stick to do it. If he taps A or B, then he will ground break.

Mmac:

Jump Breaking is completely determine what the victim does, not you.

If it was, then Sonic would be able to Infinite you! No joke!

Hylian:

Geeeez so much wrong information . How come no one knows how grab releases work?!?!

Ok quick lesson for everyone:

Your opponent will always jump-break except for two conditions:

1. You are hitting them when they break out. This will force a ground break-out.

2. Their feet are touching the ground. They will always ground break here.

Jump breaking has NOTHING to do with what your opponent is doing and everything to do with what you are doing.

On that note: I have not tested how well MK's grab stuff works. Just pointing out the grab release info that no one seems to know.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
hehehe.....
Double Box starting at 0%....leading into tech chase > d-throw > boxcut > gimp.

By george, I think he's got it!

Boxob

Smash Champion
Ok so, Boxsmashing.

Should it be charging a Fsmash and having the enemy run into it?

Or Stutter step, making the B in Box stand for Back, Backsmash, Boxsmash.

?

:093:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It should be trying to do any of the above, spacing poorly, and losing the match because of it.

Or just spamming fsmash in hopes that it hits.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
not realy shocking news i guess, but i found out you can double spring in the air when someone footstooljumps on you, even if it has no effect on you (meaning you're not going down because of the jump on your head).

i saved the match if proof is needed.
don't realy know if this is anything special. just thought i post it because in the first post i says there is no way you can double spring in the air.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
it was posted like that because at the time, people thought there was a sonic glitch that allowed him to do that

what the OP means is that all sonic alone instances of double springing have been decon firmed

but i just had a thought, is it possible to be in a teams match and if you have a gimpable partner to be able to down into the pit and let him facejump you and than you spring up and than he can facejump you again semi indefinitely...

it wouldnt work for ever, because the FSJs decrease in effectiveness everytime you use them without landing, but still... if you had and link/ganon/ike, on your team it would be really nice

Top Bottom