• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Btw, what are your thoughts on Franky?
He's dope, and yeah, I know he's gonna join the crew. It's blatantly obvious and also I seen pictures of all the strawhats so...

All of Water Seven is peak, so far it's my favorite arc in the whole series, and genuinelly one of the best in anime/manga imo (at least as far as Shohens go). I know the "I want to live" is the peak moment but also shoutouts to Usopp Sniper King for letting his nuts hang by shooting the flag with no hesitation. Insane development

Jondolio

Smash Hero
He's dope, and yeah, I know he's gonna join the crew. It's blatantly obvious and also I seen pictures of all the strawhats so...

All of Water Seven is peak, so far it's my favorite arc in the whole series, and genuinelly one of the best in anime/manga imo (at least as far as Shohens go). I know the "I want to live" is the peak moment but also shoutouts to Usopp Sniper King for letting his nuts hang by shooting the flag with no hesitation. Insane development
Yeah many consider this the best arc in the series, that's why I asked you what you think.

It's not my personal favorite but it's definitely up there, I think it speaks for itself. Also it has one of the best Luffy fights ever

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah many consider this the best arc in the series, that's why I asked you what you think.

It's not my personal favorite but it's definitely up there, I think it speaks for itself. Also it has one of the best Luffy fights ever
Yeah, I'm glad I picked this up, the quality just kept getting better and now I'm straight up invested in peak.

And to think I said I was never gonna do that. Lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm glad I picked this up, the quality just kept getting better and now I'm straight up invested in peak.

And to think I said I was never gonna do that. Lol.
Everyone thinks One Piece fans glaze too much until they get into it and realize "oh ****, it is actually that ****ing good"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nah OP fans aren't off the hook, I remember them saying Gear 5 Luffy is more iconic and surprassed Super Saiyan Goku. They are delusional.
I feel like anyone saying that would have to be trolling. (you can't blame the entire One Piece fandom for one troll; it's like Smash character speculation, or any kind of fandom for that matter)

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Unfortunately, the internet is place where everyone loses. No matter who has the evidence or the influence behind their reasoning.
Screenshot_20240524_201118_YouTube.jpg

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I feel like anyone saying that would have to be trolling. (you can't blame the entire One Piece fandom for one troll; it's like Smash character speculation, or any kind of fandom for that matter)
yeah I don't like dragon ball at all(I think its lame and the designs are meh imo) but I can't deny the cultural impact its had to this day

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I got around to making an Alt for my Storm drawing from a few months back. I forgot to do that. I still like this piece A LOT! The 2000's design is one of her best looks, if you ask me. You see this color swap of this one in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and UMVC3. I think black and white are just strong colors to use for Storm. I don't know what to tell you.

As for the OP stuff, I DO legit think Gear 5 is one of the most important transformations in recent years. But to say it surpassed Super Saiyan 1(or 2 for that matter) is insane. Personally, I would also say that Ultra Instinct is pretty peak. But how G5 works, and how it ties to Luffy as a character is pretty strong and I gotta dap up Oda for that much. And it's got the Red Eyes and White Hair that Beast Gohan has too.

The real bull **** was saying that Red Roc was more iconic than Kamehameha. Which obviously it isn't. It's less iconic than other moves like Rasengan or Getsuga Tenshou or Spirit Gun.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah that's fair, it's just daunting to newbies cause if it's length. Idk if I would bother if I decided to watch it instead of read it (TMNTSSB4 a stronger man for me for iron man'ing the anime)
I actually don't recommend the anime at all, you're experiencing the good version of this story.

The real bull **** was saying that Red Roc was more iconic than Kamehameha. Which obviously it isn't. It's less iconic than other moves like Rasengan or Getsuga Tenshou or Spirit Gun.
Ima be real I barely remember Red Roc. It's a cool attack for sure but it's not even Luffy's most iconic move. Luffy's Kamehameha equivalent is Gun Gun Gattling if anything, that's in the conversation for one of the most iconic shonen attacks after the Kamehameha because nothing is more iconic than the ****ing Kamehameha

I'm a far bigger fan of One Piece than Dragon Ball and I would argue it's of higher quality overall, but it will never be as iconic and One Piece fans should know their place

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So many people are trying to use the Tera raid events as a tool to predict the Legends Z-A starters.

Guys, they’re not dropping hints. I promise you :239:
While we do get the occasional hints for future stuff, it would never be something heavily advertised every single week.

For the real hints, we gotta really put our backs into it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Skipping One Piece arcs is worse than part skipping in Jojo. At least in Jojo you have the excuse of those being self contained stories, One Piece is one big chunk of a story where everything contributes to the grander narrative

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Skipping One Piece arcs is worse than part skipping in Jojo. At least in Jojo you have the excuse of those being self contained stories, One Piece is one big chunk of a story where everything contributes to the grander narrative
Ngl way too many Shohen fans have TikTok brains where they only pay attention if the manga/show is dangling keys in front of them.

Only way I can explain how so many fans miss the point of their own "favorite" series

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You kind of need to know most JoJo parts before watching them.

Gotta watch Part 1 to understand Part 2
Gotta know the context of Part 1 to understand Part 3 (the only thing that comes from Part 2 is its protagonist)
Part 3 introduces the Stand Arrow which becomes important for 4, 5, and 6.

Part 7 is a fresh start. But if you start there, you couldn’t get into Part 8 because everything that happens is because of Johnny Joestar, the biggest anime simp yet to be animated.

We don’t know **** about Part 9, but that will all come full circle in ten years when the story is finished. :4pacman:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You kind of need to know most JoJo parts before watching them.

Gotta watch Part 1 to understand Part 2
Gotta know the context of Part 1 to understand Part 3 (the only thing that comes from Part 2 is its protagonist)
Part 3 introduces the Stand Arrow which becomes important for 4, 5, and 6.

Part 7 is a fresh start. But if you start there, you couldn’t get into Part 8 because everything that happens is because of Johnny Joestar, the biggest anime simp yet to be animated.

We don’t know **** about Part 9, but that will all come full circle in ten years when the story is finished. :4pacman:
Look man I never said it's okay to skip Jojo parts. Just because One Piece arc skippers are dumb doesn't get part skippers off the hook

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After thinking about it, I'm probably going to skip watching the Ubisoft Forward presentation.

I'm not all that interested in their Assassin's Creed and Star Wars games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Open Zone sounds like it really fits Shadow a lot considering his game's mission based structure. Wonder what we can find seeing as we clearly won't get stats to power up, maybe a bunch of lore stuff?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
extra peak Persona 5 finally on Apple Music and Spotify

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The ability to use a Nintendo DS as a guide for the Kaiyukan Aquarium will be discontinued in August.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This is going to sound silly, but I don't know who Chiitan is. Can someone tell me about who they are?
Japan mascot whose videos usually involve stunts.

On Twitter Chiitan’s videos can appear as an ad. Note that Chiitan does not advertise anything, but instead shows a video.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I beat the second boss of Sonic Frontiers
absolute-cinema-v0-jlwbmph9yh9c1.jpg

Anyway time to watch the presentation of the worst AAA video game company in existence and complain about no Rayman

Top Bottom