• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
This may sound kinda weird or dumb... But idk, seeing this screenshot I took in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while playing with my cousins feels like a childhood dream come true:
2024030616545400-16851BE00BC6068871FE49D98876D6C5.jpg

Just seeing Pauline (my favourite Mario character) racing alongside Dry Bones (my cousins' main in Mario Kart) on Waluigi Pinball (our childhood favourite Mario Kart circuit) feels kinda amazing. It also helps that this screenshot does admittedly look cool.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Well and there it is, Netflix's live action series of the Avatar: the Last Airbender has been renewed for another two seasons.
Wow! Can't wait to not watch them!

I'm actually rewatching the original series right now, it's still peak fiction

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rooster Teeth is shutting down after 21 years.
Honestly, after hearing about the godawful treatment of some of their employees, I'm not even that shocked.

While I hear Red Vs. Blue mostly wrapped up production and that it's final season is premiering later this year, I really hope RWBY gets renewed or picked up so that it's story can be finished. I haven't seen Volume 9 yet but I know the story still has a few more chapters left to go in order to finish.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well and there it is, Netflix's live action series of the Avatar: the Last Airbender has been renewed for another two seasons.
If they make a few changes and let the actors be less stiff (they seem pretty energetic and excited in interviews), and don’t speed run the story, they could make it pretty strong show.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This hurts me especially for RWBY. I hope someone else will pick up the IP. I really liked volume 9. :(
Honestly, after hearing about the godawful treatment of some of their employees, I'm not even that shocked.

While I hear Red Vs. Blue mostly wrapped up production and that it's final season is premiering later this year, I really hope RWBY gets renewed or picked up so that it's story can be finished. I haven't seen Volume 9 yet but I know the story still has a few more chapters left to go in order to finish.
It was announced Warner Bros would be selling off Rooster Teeth’s IP.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It was announced Warner Bros would be selling off Rooster Teeth’s IP.
On one hand, I'm worried of where the show will end up and I really hope the crew's main staff can still continue to work on it.

On the other hand, after seeing how Warner Bros. has outright prevented completed films like Batgirl and Coyote vs. Acme from even releasing, RWBY might not have been in the best hands there, either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IT’S YOU AND ME
I KNOW IT’S MY DEST-I-NY
OOOOOH YOU’RE MY BEST FRIEND
IN A WORLD WE MUST DEFEEEEND
I started back up with the episode where Butterfree gets horny and leaves and now I’m at the one where Hypno is kidnapping kids (or at least I think that’s what’s happening based on the first few minutes and the title).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New supporting artwork for Project Voltage released; “Let’s Take a Picture” by booota ft. Fairy Miku, Grass Miku, Comfey, Ribombee, Steenee, Bellossom, and Maractus:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Well ya'll, I just came back from a basketball match between my local team (Dream Team Gran Canaria) and one of Turkey's main team.

I have both good and bad news.

The bad news are that we lost the match by three points
artworks-4CExscAL00NdokIh-aj4OXA-t500x500.jpg

However ya'll, I have some HUGE great news, and It is worth of a mass ping to my fellow social thread users
I FINALLY MET A LGBT BOY WHO IS MY TYPE, AND HE IS COOL AND WHOLESOME AND ALL. GOT HIS PHONE NUMBER AND WE MAY KEEP IN CONTACT AND MEET SOMEDAY TO PAINT OUR NAILS AND ALL
were-barack-template-counterpart-of-its-joever-its-over-v0-42wnuyu6ou0b1.png

I don't even care that my team lost, the fact I finally found someone like me who doesn't look like a FIFA player is so great It makes up for the match.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
What to buy
Princess Peach Showtime or Unicorn Overlord
Hmmmmmm🧐
The name "Unicorn Overlord" is way funnier to me than it should be, even months after the announcement.

Like, every time I hear it I start giggling like an idiot. I think I have a problem.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Vanillaware and Team Asano are alike when it comes to naming games dumb names

Team Asano has such hits as:
"Octopath Traveler"
"Triangle Strategy"
"Various Daylife"

Vanillaware has:
"GrimGrimoire"
"Unicorn Overlord"
"Odin's Sphere"

most if not all circle back around to being amazing

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I think I'm gonna share some Pokemon Hot Takes I have since I'm into it right now.
  • I never found Cyndaquil all that interesting outside of Mystery Dungeon and the anime. It's a weird mouse thing that happens to be on fire. Riveting.
  • On a similar note, Chikorita is amazing and is one of my very favorite lines, though this is obvious coming from me if you know me. Compared to the other two starters it's a really cool plant dinosaur thing with high cuteness value and an overall really nice aesthetic. Also it's one of the Pokemon I would LOVE to have in real life most. I'd just hug one and feel all aromatherapized and refreshed.
  • I'd kinda like there to be an option to disable wild shinies completely in future games. The knowledge of there always being a chance of me finding a shiny I can't catch, or knocking one out accidentally, really stresses me out and I feel like I'm not the only one. It's why I'm not really a big shiny-hunter person despite how insane my luck has been with them up to this point. Sure there wouldn't be many people who use a no-shinies option, but the removal of that little bit of stress would do wonders for me. Especially with games like Let's Go where shinies appear in the overworld. One mistep and you see that thing disappear before your eyes...
  • Emboar isn't that bad. Let the pig punch things if it wants.
  • Inteleon is my favorite starter line up to this point. Good god I love this James Bond lizard more than I probably should. Going from a precious baby lizard boi who cries at the drop of a hat, to an awesome-looking goth reptile to SECRET AGENT is just...AH. I love it so.
  • Mandibuzz >>> Braviary and I can't be shaken on this.
  • Gen VI is the best one. :geno:

I embrace the tomatoes with open arms.

Top Bottom