• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
People who think they'll come to Japan and eat Sushi every day are in for a reality check.

Sushi is a privilege here. It's expensive, which really sticks out compared to most other food items here. I have no idea why people say Japan is expensive, you can get a bowl of ramen for less than 1000 yen which is the equivalent to less than 7 dollars to all of you uncultured Americans here.

I like Sushi, it's the only way I can eat fish aside from like, canned Tuna, but I haven't eaten it once on this trip and frankly I could go the rest of it without having any even though I do wanna eat some

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kinda late but after thinking about it I wouldn’t call F-Zero 99 a “monkey’s paw”

it’s clearly something to test the waters for another F-Zero game like how Star Fox 64 3D was 13 years ago in 2010. I am confident GX HD is still in the pipeline but they may be gauging success of 99 and/or waiting for updated hardware to do so. It does have some features OG F-Zero didn’t have that make it accessible to others like the skyway feature

and of course… it’s capitalizing on streamers. It’s doing pretty well on twitch, got a lot of streamers for it almost every day. In this day and age streamers/LPers are a huge contributor to success, at least that’s how I see things

hot take/rant over

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
gotta love it when you have a very intricate specific tech issue that it’s hard to get tech support for
Tl;dr i cannot log into a specific web app for my class on my laptop and ONLY my laptop regardless of browser. Other devices can log into it fine. It seems to be tied to the computer manufacturer but I contacted them and they were stumped. I have to contact support for the web app and they’re in a different time zone… yay

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There needs to be a memorial to all those beloved Teen-Young Adult book series that were killed off because they got the worst movie adaptation known to man
Part of me is glad the movie adaptation of the Malice series never came to fruition seeing how so many other turned out.

Though to be honest, a well-done adaptation of these books/graphic novels would be incredible. It's only got two books, but I think pacing-wise it could be far better adapted as a TV or streaming series.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Part of me is glad the movie adaptation of the Malice series never came to fruition seeing how so many other turned out.

Though to be honest, a well-done adaptation of these books/graphic novels would be incredible. It's only got two books, but I think pacing-wise it could be far better adapted as a TV or streaming series.
Me with the 39 Clues. I was so hyped to hear that they were doing a movie when I was in middle school.

It's been a decade since. No movie, now I'm kinda glad Hollywood hasn't ruimed it with their grimy hands.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m just finding out Persona 3 Reload won’t be having the same questions as Persona 3 (+ FES and Portable) has had beforehand

…oh god

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just beat King Goomba in Paper Mario 64. The game has a tonne of charm, even if it is a bit… simple… even for a turn based rpg. Maybe when I’m fighting more complex enemies it will get more interesting.

Almost wish we could get ARPG remakes of the first two games that weren’t made of paper but still had everything else that made the world unique kept in tact.

Shroob

Sup?
Just beat King Goomba in Paper Mario 64. The game has a tonne of charm, even if it is a bit… simple… even for a turn based rpg. Maybe when I’m fighting more complex enemies it will get more interesting.

Almost wish we could get ARPG remakes of the first two games that weren’t made of paper but still had everything else that made the world unique kept in tact.
Nah, the game remains very simple throughout the game, it's basically baby's first RPG. All the complex stuff gets added in TTYD.

Not that that's a bad thing in its simplicity.

Surgery sucks but hopefully after some recovery I'll get better.
Dang, feel better soon.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As long as you find it cute, it'll keep you hooked. If you were expecting a deep and complex rpg on the N64, I dunno what to tell ya. :dr^_^:

The game is very much an entryway game to the RPG formula, one that's meant for even kids to be able to understand.
I understand this. It's just so far the game has been jumping on goombas but way slower and with way more steps.

Shroob

Sup?
I understand this. It's just so far the game has been jumping on goombas but way slower and with way more steps.
Well, yeah.

It's more simplified than Super Mario RPG or Mario and Luigi for sure. They refined it in TTYD to be a lot faster and flashier due to stuff like action commands and super guarding.

Shroob

Sup?
In other news

So Perrin is in Indigo Disc

And Kleavor is part of the Indigo Disc dex

Why do I get a feeling we're not getting Kleavor, but "Kleavor".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, yeah.

It's more simplified than Super Mario RPG or Mario and Luigi for sure. They refined it in TTYD to be a lot faster and flashier due to stuff like action commands and super guarding.
IDK. Maybe they shouldn't have made enemies that famously die in one hit die in two and then throw a bunch of them at you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah, the game remains very simple throughout the game, it's basically baby's first RPG. All the complex stuff gets added in TTYD.
Oddly enough, I think 64's core battle system can get more complex than TTYD's, and that's because almost all partners are busted beyond belief and with proper setup, can end battles in an instant.

TTYD balances them all out but some of them end up being useless im endgame, primarily Koops, Flurrie, Yoshi Kid, and Ms. Mowz. Yoshi Kid is straight up unplayable in the Pit of 100 Trials the moment enemies get a defense of 1.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In other news

So Perrin is in Indigo Disc

And Kleavor is part of the Indigo Disc dex

Why do I get a feeling we're not getting Kleavor, but "Kleavor".
Kleavor but over the years the axes turned into scythes, a Scythe Kleavor if you will

wait...

StormC

Smash Hero
Oddly enough, I think 64's core battle system can get more complex than TTYD's, and that's because almost all partners are busted beyond belief and with proper setup, can end battles in an instant.

TTYD balances them all out but some of them end up being useless im endgame, primarily Koops, Flurrie, Yoshi Kid, and Ms. Mowz. Yoshi Kid is straight up unplayable in the Pit of 100 Trials the moment enemies get a defense of 1.
Flurrie is far from useless in the endgame. Gale Force will not only remove enemies off the field but give you EXP for it, basically a OHKO move if it connects. Also Yoshi's Gulp ignores Defense which is very useful. I'll give you Ms. Mowz, but Koops is actually very good against the Shadow Queen because he has the lowest FP skill that will OHKO her hands.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the Paper Mario note, 64 is legit harder than TTYD. This isn't nostalgia speaking as I played TTYD way before 64, but 64 legit has enemies and bosses that are legit annoying and require a good strategy to dispel of.

Like TTYD has a difficulty spike in Chapter 1 of all things, and then... it's easy. Like after that the worst enemies you fight on a regular playthrough are Chain Chomps and that's straight up at the end.

Shroob

Sup?
On the Paper Mario note, 64 is legit harder than TTYD. This isn't nostalgia speaking as I played TTYD way before 64, but 64 legit has enemies and bosses that are legit annoying and require a good strategy to dispel of.

Like TTYD has a difficulty spike in Chapter 1 of all things, and then... it's easy. Like after that the worst enemies you fight on a regular playthrough are Chain Chomps and that's straight up at the end.
Huff n Puff is soo hard he sometimes just crashes the game due to entity overflows.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started playing fist of the north star lost paradise, it feels weird to have a Yakuza game that has nothing to do with Yakuza.

I’m just finding out Persona 3 Reload won’t be having the same questions as Persona 3 (+ FES and Portable) has had beforehand

…oh god
Your profile picture is one of the most cursed images i have ever seen. I cant stop looking at it.

Top Bottom