• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
No but really. Are we going to battle zombies in Pokemon battles? Are their Pokemon dead too? Were they BURIED with their trainer?

The implications surrounding this get very dark very fast.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I'm just so in love with the Momotaro legendaries, they feel very out of place for Spain but they were initially shown off like the same day the Momotaro Sentai, the most insane tv show I have seen, ended.

It's like the show never left and I'm just so happy because of it
Well, they're not in Spain.

Kitakami is basically somewhere close enough to Sinnoh for certain story beats to have taken place.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Zombies you say?

He's IN

View attachment 377831
Arven’s parents coming back for fresh meat (sandwich meat).

Also this reminds me of a dream I once had with zombie Pokémon, though I think most if not all of them weren’t actual Pokémon. Pikachu may have been there, but I’m not sure. It was outside, the sky was light gray but the lighting was kinda dark and gloomy I think, idk it was a long time ago. I don’t think anything bad happened.

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly I'm just so in love with the Momotaro legendaries, they feel very out of place for Spain but they were initially shown off like the same day the Momotaro Sentai, the most insane tv show I have seen, ended.

It's like the show never left and I'm just so happy because of it
I miss Donbrothers every day

Inoue still got it in him decades after Jetman

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I miss Donbrothers every day

Inoue still got it in him decades after Jetman
I didn't even like Jetman but my god, I get it. Cannot believe Donbrothers gave me my favourite red and yellow rangers
Well, they're not in Spain.

Kitakami is basically somewhere close enough to Sinnoh for certain story beats to have taken place.
I know but I mean, it's weird it's the DLC for the Spain game regardless

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
off the top of my head, marshadow is straight up evil in its movie.
It's not, it's just the protector of Ho-oh's feather and it only becomes 'evil' due to being possessed by the evil emotions of not-Gary.

Even MORE **** has leaked

Penny, Arven, and Nemona are BACK

Also, there's zombies

No, I'm not ****ting you, there are codes for zombies in the files. What
Glad to see they're back, though it makes sense since it would be odd to have an Area Zero conclusion without them, especially Arven.

Not sure what the hell is going on with the zombies though, it could be Heath I guess.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MK1's got some nice tracks in it. Living Forest's even got a remix this time around.

I was glad since MKX an MK11 lacked bangers, even if MKX's gameplay was really cool.

EDIT: The Tarkatan Colony Stage feels like a mix of Assassin's Creed and Killer Instinct.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think the roster for MK11 was fairly solid out of the gate but nothing compared to MKX but the dlc really did it just. I feel the series has been doing great (much better than Deception-era) and a real return to form. My main beef is that they constantly experiment with mechanics that each game doesn’t play like the last. In some games, this is good but there’s way too inconsistent factors.

I do think MK1’s roster is the best in a long, long time. And that’s saying something considering there aren’t any new characters aside from guests. I think the storytelling and reimagining element of MK1 was amazing and a masterpiece in terms of story. I do argue Ermac and Quan Chi should have been on the launch roster considering their position in the story mode. Takeda gets a pass though considering his story mode screen time was 1.5 seconds and then death.

But it is still an amazing roster that seems to be holding up quite well despite lacking new characters as the one’s they brought in don’t only few like new characters but some of them have been dusty and on the shelf for quite some time. My only beef is Megan Fox and our guest line up of Homelander, Omni-Man, and Peacekeeper. I would have preferred one over the other personally. In order to keep the “comic book/graphic novel”, a Watchman character could have been used or perhaps Witchblade.

I do have high hopes for Kharakter Pack 2 though

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since the theme of Kombat Pack DLC's theme in terms of guest fighters seems to involve comic book anti-heroes/villains. I'm gonna predict the three guests for KP2 is Harley Quinn, Shredder and a Walking Dead character (Series started off as a comic and also from creator Robert Kirkman who also did Invincible).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Probably gonna come with Kronika.
The reason being? Geras stated a Titan can't be resurrected and the result of the fractured timelines was the result of Kronika's demise. I don't think we will see Kronika return in playable form. That being said, DLC didn't always follow storyline elements until MK11 with Nightwolf, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Fujin, and Sheeva having a role in Aftermath. I could see them adding Kronika as a final DLC fighter without ties to the MK1 storyline but I got a feeling that remark by Geras the revelation that faux-Kronika was infact Titan Shang Tsung to be a huge nail in Kronika's coffin.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The reason being? Geras stated a Titan can't be resurrected and the result of the fractured timelines was the result of Kronika's demise. I don't think we will see Kronika return in playable form. That being said, DLC didn't always follow storyline elements until MK11 with Nightwolf, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Fujin, and Sheeva having a role in Aftermath. I could see them adding Kronika as a final DLC fighter without ties to the MK1 storyline but I got a feeling that remark by Geras the revelation that faux-Kronika was infact Titan Shang Tsung to be a huge nail in Kronika's coffin.
I mean they made Quan Chi and Ermac DLC even though they could've been base game.

Not logical with NS baseline thinking tbh. Plus she's part of story mode, its only reasonable they will.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean they made Quan Chi and Ermac DLC even though they could've been base game.

Not logical with NS baseline thinking tbh. Plus she's part of story mode, its only reasonable they will.
That isn't really a solid comparison though. Kronika has been revealed to be a guise put forth by Shang Tsung. Quan Chi and Ermac are fully-fledged characters who are encountered within the story mode at a playable level. As for their delegation to DLC, that is one of my gripes for the roster but I am chalking it up to simply time/development constraints and tying the DLC to the story mode; seeing as how Takeda is there as well.

Kronika could be included and NS could pull some sort of "gotcha" moment; especially if an Aftermath-like DLC is included where she does return. At this time though, based on Geras' own words, Kronika cannot be resurrected due to her Titan heritage. With the information we have at the moment, Kronika appearing as a character seems unlikely unless NS includes her "just because" or they undo what they wrote previously and find a loophole for her to return.

I personally hope for characters we have not seen for a long time. Kintaro, Taven, Hotaru, Hsu Hao, and others to name a few. And we need Mokap back at this point.

I also don't think Walking Dead is a possibility. The series has ended and while offshoots and rumors of restarting are abound, I do not need that is a path NS wants to follow. I would be open to it but, in my opinion, Negan was the best possible option and he was in Tekken 7. We do have Mr. Cross-over appearing in a plethora of games but we have never seen an established media character, like Negan, be included in two fighting games. Spiderman is one thing but it would be like putting Gandalf in both Multiversus as well as SoulCalibur. Gandalf isn't known for crossovers and suddenly including Gandalf in two fighting games with conflicting playstyles would be odd. Same thing with Negan.

Harley Quinn and Shredder are good and predictable picks IMO though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought of Walking Dead given its popularity and it also being from Robert Kirkman (Creator of Invincible). Figure that would be enough to capsize on it.

Absolute yes to Kintaro though. MKX had Goro, MK11 had Sheeva (Who was also in MK9). It's only fair Kintaro gets his chance to shrine.

Also don't bet on Hsu Hao happening. Lol. His creators hate him to the point they had him dying in his own endings in Deadly Alliance and Armageddon (He was only brought back due to Armageddon at the time being Mortal Kombat's "EVERYONE IS HERE".

And although the theme this time around is comic-booked themed. I could see Pennywise given the upcoming Derry series.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Peach: You Should…
That isn't really a solid comparison though. Kronika has been revealed to be a guise put forth by Shang Tsung. Quan Chi and Ermac are fully-fledged characters who are encountered within the story mode at a playable level. As for their delegation to DLC, that is one of my gripes for the roster but I am chalking it up to simply time/development constraints and tying the DLC to the story mode; seeing as how Takeda is there as well.

Kronika could be included and NS could pull some sort of "gotcha" moment; especially if an Aftermath-like DLC is included where she does return. At this time though, based on Geras' own words, Kronika cannot be resurrected due to her Titan heritage. With the information we have at the moment, Kronika appearing as a character seems unlikely unless NS includes her "just because" or they undo what they wrote previously and find a loophole for her to return.

I personally hope for characters we have not seen for a long time. Kintaro, Taven, Hotaru, Hsu Hao, and others to name a few. And we need Mokap back at this point.

I also don't think Walking Dead is a possibility. The series has ended and while offshoots and rumors of restarting are abound, I do not need that is a path NS wants to follow. I would be open to it but, in my opinion, Negan was the best possible option and he was in Tekken 7. We do have Mr. Cross-over appearing in a plethora of games but we have never seen an established media character, like Negan, be included in two fighting games. Spiderman is one thing but it would be like putting Gandalf in both Multiversus as well as SoulCalibur. Gandalf isn't known for crossovers and suddenly including Gandalf in two fighting games with conflicting playstyles would be odd. Same thing with Negan.

Harley Quinn and Shredder are good and predictable picks IMO though.
I wouldn’t have pictured Shredder in a Mortal Kombat game due to Nickelodeon not really being into the more mature audience that often…but then I remembered that the Last Ronin game might be M rated (and they’ve gotten more into mature content through iCarly and Zoey 102), and the fact that they’ve decided to have TMNT crossover with Stranger Things (further proving that the franchise doesn’t give a damn what it is so long as they can crossover with it)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wouldn’t have pictured Shredder in a Mortal Kombat game due to Nickelodeon not really being into the more mature audience that often…but then I remembered that the Last Ronin game might be M rated (and they’ve gotten more into mature content through iCarly and Zoey 102), and the fact that they’ve decided to have TMNT crossover with Stranger Things (further proving that the franchise doesn’t give a damn what it is so long as they can crossover with it)
Also TMNT and Batman had a crossover both comics and movies. Also the turtles were in Injustice 2. This was after Nick bought the rights to the property.

I don't see why they wouldn't come to another agreement again given how NR was able to get the TMNT for Injustice 2, they do have a preexisting relationship with the rights holders to put Shredder. And Shredder was offered for CoD Vanguard's Warzone a year or two ago.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
NGL one of my big problems with MK1 is that there is just a blank space on the character select screen pre dlc. They couldn't even make that the Random Character space. They straight up made it a Locked Character space.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Perhaps we could get Eric Draven from The Crow.

There is a remake out next year so it makes sense and most DLC guests is a case of cross-promotion or commemoration.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why do we think Ursaluna is a zombie? It just seems like a big, lumbering bear to me. Nothing it does seems zombie-like to me, but I may be alone in thinking that.
it’s covered in mud, standing up like it just rose from the ground, blood moon is related to zombies rising usually in media, the missing/replaced eye, all gives it the feel it’s a walking corpse.

Alongside the pokedex implying it was a pretty rough journey for it to get here and it had to adapt to survive.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I wonder what happened to Johnny Cage within the Nintendo Switch version?
PC games on low settings (which Switch ports of AAA games are usually equivalent to) achieve lower model quality using LODs (Level of Detail), lower-poly models stored in the files for their higher-poly versions that are supposed to only be used when a model is far away. To save even more on processing power, LODs make sacrifices like disabling facial animation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Noipoi Noipoi dont ask question, just answer these questions.
What color is your hair
What kinda hair style do you have
Whats your fav animal
Not gonna lie, sharks look like airplanes.

RDT_20230917_1931277466251448840553872.gif
This was a very good TED talk

Last edited:
Top Bottom