• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just got to watch the direct.

Pikmin 4 is looking good.
Excited to see GB, GBC and GBA games coming. Nice that GBC visuals were added to the GB titles. I'm hoping with the N64 service as well that transfer pak features will become reality. Gives me hope the Pokemon Stadium releases won't be gimped.
Was a little taken back when the headline just said Prime 1 but was totally relieved to see the remade graphics. I've got the space so might just download it now.
The Yoshi's Island course looks great and I'm also happy to see new characters are being added as well.
The sneak peak for the final Xenoblade DLC got me excited.
Tears of the Kingdom trailer was really cool. The vehicles stuff looks like it could be a lot of fun.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There's also Bionic Commando's GBC game, I heard it was at least alright, so I wouldn't mind trying it out.
It's mostly a remake of the original BC. With a few things changed. Basically, a poor man's Rearmed.

Lets gooo mario kart tour Toadette Explorer lets go
I'm worried we'll only get per remaining wave.

If that's the case, I pick Birdo, Pauline and Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Stop what you're doing and look

This track looks amazing. Should be the ultimate yoshi’s island course. I spotted so many nice references while watching it and I’m sure there’s a ton I haven’t. Looking forward to playing it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What bugs me the most about Sam is that she seemed to be some kind of influence on girls irl.
Lots of girls ive seen in my life both online and in real life who act like her more toxic characteristics. Sours the show for me a tiny bit when i go back to rewatch it

Danny had better chemistry with Paulina. And she was a bully lol

...I like Desiree more tbh
God people are way too harsh on Sam.
Yeah

Jungle Beat HD
I’m not sure I would be entirely opposed to that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also if we really do end up with a new console next year, I wonder what will happen with Gameboy. Like what titles could they get out there beforehand and why do them so late if there is a new console? Maybe the Nintendo Online system will stick around next Gen and have data transfer?
I sincerely hope that the Nintendo Switch e-Shop and Nintendo Switch Online Virtual Console features stay around for the next system. Mostly because one, I do not want to go through this crap of waiting a while for the same Virtual Console stuff to pop up all over again. Two, so that all of the Switch e-Shop stuff doesn't disappear eventually and permanently. And it allows us to play our stuff on the new system while waiting for new games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I sincerely hope that the Nintendo Switch e-Shop and Nintendo Switch Online Virtual Console features stay around for the next system. Mostly because one, I do not want to go through this crap of waiting a while for the same Virtual Console stuff to pop up all over again. Two, so that all of the Switch e-Shop stuff doesn't disappear eventually and permanently. And it allows us to play our stuff on the new system while waiting for new games.
It's gonna happen eventually.

The Playstation online shop is all basically on the same server and they can easily turn off the PS3 stuff.
I dont see why it wouldnt be the same on Nintendo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
still crazy how Metroid Prime’s remake got shadow dropped…imagine if 2, 3, Hunters, and even 4 all get shadow dropped to make bank

osby

Smash Obsessed
This direct was pretty hype

New Samba de Amigo looks great and is easily one of the best reveals for me
Bayonetta Origins looks better than I expected
I don't have Engage but it's nice to see that Soren, Camilla, and Robin all got emblem rings
Etrian Odyssey fans finally got something. Maybe I'll try it out, the crossover skins look good

There were a lot of old games but overall content still felt fresh.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dude I decided to buy all the clothing options in Violet and they literally have a weed beanie. That's ****ing awesome.

Edit: well not EXACTLY, but it's still a great beanie.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm actually glad not too many things that personally excite me were announced yesterday since I'm not exactly in a great financial situation and it's not looking like that's going to improve soon

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well my friends.

I'm premium no more. Sorry Lamperouge Lamperouge I downgraded.

Also

What a turn up for the books of a Direct right? It was pretty good but lacked a whole sort PAHWA! Full-tier draw except for that Xenoblade 3 DLC story teaser to me. Metroid Prime, that Konami baseball game, We Luv Katamari, Splatoon 3 DLC, Baten Kaitos, GBA/GB NSO was all pretty good.

And I'm alive. Just more on Discord these days. Maybe one day some more will migrate..............

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
God people are way too harsh on Sam.
Unless you got a good rebuttal, I really don’t think we are. I love the show but it’s not above criticism.

I don’t know when the last time you saw the show was but can you list a few moments where Sam showed some character development and growth, cuz as far as I see it, the only characters that have some clear growth are Danny, Jazz and Valerie

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This track looks amazing. Should be the ultimate yoshi’s island course. I spotted so many nice references while watching it and I’m sure there’s a ton I haven’t. Looking forward to playing it.
I'm not sure how well known this is, but Mario Kart Tour is frequently datamined to find out what courses are coming up soon. We knew a Yoshi course was coming, but not much about what it looked like - I'm incredibly impressed by how good it looks! It looks to be a Yoshi course in much the same way Hyrule Circuit was a Zelda course, which is uncommon for Mario Kart but also really cool. Now I'm really excited for the leaked Donkey Kong course, which I now expect to be in a simmilar vein.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
By the way don't fall for the game voucher scam on the US eshop because on the Japanese eShop they are only around $72 and not the outrageous $99.

TLDR you have a supported card, the game you want supports English, and you want vouchers, just make a Japanese account and buy them on the Japanese eShop

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I'm pissed...Was starting to read my next book Devolution by Max Brooks only to find it was missing 5+ pages. I'm going back to Indigos eventually to get a refund. Good thing I held onto that receipt.

Edit: I'm relieved. What I thought were missing pages, I simply just confused the numbers. Whoo what a relief...

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I didn’t realize they announced Frozen 3, Zootopia 2, and Toy Story 5 due to all this Nintendoness
Hmm......well a new Frozen 3 film and Zootopia sequel were bound to happen, but Toy Story 5 was a bit unexpected.

Anyways I do expect Pixar to focus on their upvoming film "The Elementals" and Disney Animation Studios to focus on "Wish" which is due out in November.

Other than that, I really do hope Iger can fix the mess caused by Chapek.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New Fire Emblem Engage and Xenoblade 3 DLC looks cool.

But honestly, the best part of yesterday's Direct was the reveal of the new Layton game.

I'm happy to see that a new Professor Layton game is in the works and will once again return to featuring the Professor as the main protagonist. I only wonder know where this game will take place in the main timeline because Luke is back to being a child for that upcoming game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm still wondering if Dillon's Western Rolling series is completed for the 3DS only. Then again, the rolling mechanics with touch screen might be useless if migrated to newer consoles. (except for Dead Heat Breakers)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It would be worth if it was Off The Hook instead of Squid Sisters
Tbh, yeah. Like, what splatoon 1 if the second part of the DLC is all about off the hook which might add the release date for that is "in the future". No real date just "the future"

Reminder that the whole first part of this DLC is just a Lobby skin

Last edited:
Top Bottom