• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Thoughts on the Direct:

-Metroid Prime remaster looks cool! I never played the original (besides maybe just enough to remember a feeling like "cool I can roll around as a ball on a spaceship!" when I was really little, I believe on a gamecube my cousin had), so I plan on getting this; I didn't realize the digital version was releasing today, haha, so I may get it soon, I think my SD card has a good amount of space

-I don't have MK8D, but the new Yoshi's Island course looks very good!

-Gameboy & GBA on NSO is very cool! I'm starting to want the NSO Expansion but I still feel like I should save for other stuff, hopefully they'll add main series Pokémon too as for now, back to the seven seas

-New Professor Layton is great! I never played the series and don't have very much interest tbh (though I think the characters and such look cool), but I know people on here wanted a new game + I remember there being some worry over a situation the series's company was in, so it's nice to see it's still kicking!

-New Zelda looks good! I still haven't got BotW though :S

-Kirby RtDL Deluxe's new Magolor story looks awesome! Hopefully I can get this game too, I played the original on the Wii and it was fun!

-No new Ice Climber game? :ohwell:

-As you all already know, I'm super excited for 🅱ikmin :olimar:

Shroob

Sup?
I will say Ice Pikmin are

Odd

I never cared for one of White's gimmicks being tied to them dying, since one of the points of Pikmin was to not have your little dudes die.(That and White Pikmin were a huge pain to get so them dying was a huge resource loss).

But at least Ice Pikmin seem to have a cool...........no pun intended, gimmick, even if it does seem hella niche in its application.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the subject of Disney...
I agree with the concept, animated remakes of live-action movies would be cool, but uhhh this one? Not only is it already a remake itself, but also this movie is goddamn cheeks and making it animated won't fix that

Now a The Journey of Natty Gann remake on the other hand :smash:
Please.

Please no more Disney remakes. Let them end.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I think it's time to address the dead and dusty elephant in the grave.

Why is Prime remastered $40 but Mario Roms and Skyward Sword HD full price?

Like did Nintendo understand how pricing works... or did Retro say something... or did they realize they can't scam Metroid fans
When I was was looking away when Metroid came on screen and misheard him and thought he said "games" as in plural so when he went on to only talk about prime 1 I felt punked.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love how half your team is "Cute, adorable."

And the other half is

"I am Azgonald the Worldbreaker Dragon, and I have come to end you."
That’s actually not my team, I’m just trying to raise up their levels atm, truth be told I don’t really have a set team yet

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I get the feeling we arent getting Gamecube online.

Some of the GOATS are already playable on Switchoutside of the streaming app. (Mario sunshine, Tales of symphonia, Metroid Prime and Baten Kaitos)
So no Thousand year door, Pokemon Colloseum or Chibi robo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Some of the GOATS are already playable on Switchoutside of the streaming app. (Mario sunshine, Tales of symphonia, Metroid Prime and Baten Kaitos)
My honest guess is that a service of GCN games would get way too big for the the Switch's pretty piss poor storage

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My hope is that they realized that Season 2 wasn't going that well, and instead of trying to put a bandaid on it they decided save it all for Season 3, as a soft re-launch, to rejuvenate the game. A few new characters, a few new stages, ranked, better netcode - all of that.
maybe but there was pretty solid evidence of a reveal planned for the game awards . We also know marceline was planned for this season to. On top of still being without content already promised, I think it’s a bit late for this. They lost pretty much all remaining faith the community had today.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
How about instead of remakes, we start adapting cartoons in the same vein of adapting books and fairy tales (staying animated, don't worry)? Tell a new story without the confines of the cartoon's continuity

Fairly OddParents is the first idea coming to mind. Give it a **** in Boots 2-esque animation style, give a fresh take on the classic characters, and generally modernize it while still keeping it true to its classic Nickelodeon roots.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I will say Ice Pikmin are

Odd

I never cared for one of White's gimmicks being tied to them dying, since one of the points of Pikmin was to not have your little dudes die.(That and White Pikmin were a huge pain to get so them dying was a huge resource loss).

But at least Ice Pikmin seem to have a cool...........no pun intended, gimmick, even if it does seem hella niche in its application.
Ice Pikmin are weird here when they freeze water, yet the dog lets you traverse water anyway. It’s also seemingly in every level and key to the story.

Next console next year if I were to guess.
Oh, I hope you Mario and Luigi fans are enjoying Superstar Saga on the Switch because that's the last time we'll see M&L for this decade
This may be true, but this could also test the waters of interest in the series. I’d say it’s worth picking up it for Mario and Luigi and golden sun to see if their franchises can continue.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How about instead of remakes, we start adapting cartoons in the same vein of adapting books and fairy tales (staying animated, don't worry)? Tell a new story without the confines of the cartoon's continuity

Fairly OddParents is the first idea coming to mind. Give it a **** in Boots 2-esque animation style, give a fresh take on the classic characters, and generally modernize it while still keeping it true to its classic Nickelodeon roots.
Honestly I think Danny Phantom and JimmyNeutron would benefit greatly from a revival provided we have creators with good ideas and direction for those series to go

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new Fire Emblem update adds swimming to the game as well as apple picking and new events at the stables

Which let you forge support convoys easier with characters.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Honestly I think Danny Phantom and JimmyNeutron would benefit greatly from a revival provided we have creators with good ideas and direction for those series to go
Yooooooooo that reminded me I had more ideas for Danny Phantom.

A new series reboot in the vein of DuckTales 2017, with a new animation style (I was thinking stop-motion but that might be pushing the envelope too far lol...let's just say a super-dynamic 2D style) and taking full advantage of the series' focus on the paranormal with some DARK new elements. Let's just say some of this series would remind y'all of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. :p

And Sam would be far more likable, trust me lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Technically Danny Phantom did have a revival but through the form of some comic. Can't remember what its called.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new characters in Mario Kart actually just gave me an idea.

What if the characters are a last minute addition? Hence them starting in wave four. The reason? Mario kart 9 is in development and a planned launch Title, riding off of 8’s success,

The DLC could be to make an easy buck while they make these assets for the next game. No roster cuts, only expansions, new courses and most of not all of 8’s. The ultimate Mario Kart of sorts and one that could once again carry the whole system’s lifetime.

Im also thinking Prime 4 is a launch title. TOTK will launch year two with a port. My last prediction is that the holiday game next year is the genealogy of the holy war remake.

That would make for a strong year one and pack a lot of value into it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still waiting on the possibility and potential for Angry Beavers: ReSpooted.

But as if THAT'LL ever happen. Nick tends to act like the show has never existed...

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Still waiting on the possibility and potential for Angry Beavers: ReSpooted.

But as if THAT'LL ever happen. Nick tends to act like the show has never existed...
And they did cancel the series's finale episode. No series in the past would ever get a finale episode to air on Nick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yooooooooo that reminded me I had more ideas for Danny Phantom.

A new series reboot in the vein of DuckTales 2017, with a new animation style (I was thinking stop-motion but that might be pushing the envelope too far lol...let's just say a super-dynamic 2D style) and taking full advantage of the series' focus on the paranormal with some DARK new elements. Let's just say some of this series would remind y'all of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. :p

And Sam would be far more likable, trust me lol
As a fan of the show since it’s original airing it genuinely shocks me when people say Sam isn’t likable in the modern era. I certainly always loved her.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And they did cancel the series's finale episode. No series in the past would ever get a finale episode to air on Nick.
Despite that being nearly 22 years ago, I really doubt Nick now has that same mindset as they did back at that time.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ghost Trick HD - Instant buy!
GBA games Expansion Pack only - Booo! When Mother 3?
New Drivers in MK8 Booster Pass - Yay! When Pauline?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wanted genshin fandom to take a hit but damn. Not like this

Dukefire

Smash Master
I am not going to get the expansion pass for the GBA yet, but seeing Superstar Saga become available for the switch just soothes my childhood nostalgia.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If they were gonna bring back Zootopia. I think it would have worked better as a Disney+ series tbh. Each episode involving Nick and Judy solving cases and crimes. Maybe sometimes ones that'd have mini-arcs (2-3 episodes).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As a fan of the show since it’s original airing it genuinely shocks me when people say Sam isn’t likable in the modern era. I certainly always loved her.
Coming back to the show, not only is Sam such a stagnant character but I’ve come to realize how toxic her “I’m not like the other girls” mindset is. It’s just so ingrained into her character. While it’s not unrealistic for a teenage girl have that mindset in the early 2000’s, I think she should’ve grown out of that as the show went on but she doesn’t because the showrunners agree with her and her toxic views are pretty much fully validated by them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Superstar Saga definitely has me hyped, I never got to finish it originally. Never got to play Eliwood’s game, Minish Cap, or the oracle games. So if we get more my if these classics I haven’t gotten to play, I’m all for it.

Top Bottom