• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I saw the first 30 minutes of the Direct between work shifts (I stopped after the Game Boy and GBA games were shown) and nothing really wowed me aside from Pikmin 4.

Unless they're bringing back single player missions from the original (and if they did, then it wasn't shown), the first wave of Splatoon 3 DLC seems like a rip-off unless you really like the Squid Sisters - as far as I can tell, you're paying for an alternate lobby that's functionally identical to the normal lobby. (Though seeing it reminded me that I still need to play that game; maybe after I finish Pokemon Violet)

The Magolor content for Return to Dream Land looks neat, but it's not enough to convince me to double dip since I still have the Wii version. (I double dip on games occasionally, but it's usually if a game that I already have is part of a collection)

I'm waiting on reviews for Octopath Traveler 2 - my biggest issue is that all of the character interactions were saved for the post game, making the main game feel like eight completely separate adventures that only came together at the final boss. I'm hoping that's addressed here.

Glad to see that Advance Wars has a release date, and that Golden Sun is back in some form. I've heard that there's a Metroid Prime 1 remaster (though I have the game on the Gamecube and in the Wii version of Metroid Prime Trilogy, so I don't think I need it a third time) and a Zelda trailer, so I haven't seen them, and I'm not sure what else is in the last 10 minutes.

(There's also the Xenoblade 3 DLC, but I still need to finish Xenoblade 2 and 3 - I haven't been able to find the time for 100+ hour RPGs, and I wasn't a fan of what I played of Xenoblade 2)

Also, I'm a little worried that they've already run out of N64 games to announce for the online service, given that they're jumping straight to Game Boy and GBA.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pikmin 4 is absolutely beautiful. I wonder if the new characters are from Hocotate, Koppai or another planet entirely.

The dog is adorable, btw. The characters might be from Hocotate, considering that Olimar and his family mention having a dog named Bulbie a few times (heck, it's where the Bulborbs themselves got their names from).

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't play Mario Kart Tour, so I'm asking how big do those tracks usually get? Yoshi's Island looks massive, so that's likely why it wasn't announced for that game like the other new course was :yoshi:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
so that's likely why it wasn't announced for that game like the other new course was
At the same time, "Booster Course Pass" is supposed to refer to MKT having the codename "Booster" during development

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can I just say it bugs me how all the other retro courses say the name of the console they debuted on but Tour courses are labled as from "Tour". Just say "Mobile".
What, do you want them to say iPhone/iPad/Android, etc?

Edit: Nevermind, I am Boo-Boo the Fool.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm actually surprised Tears comes out in May.

Was kinda thinking that'd be Nintendo's BIG holiday title.
They don't really have a holiday game this year, huh?

Based on all those rumors, I was thinking a new 2D Mario could fill that role. Yeah, it wouldn't be as exciting as Odyssey 2 or something, but with enough creativity (and good marketing) it'd still do numbers. Especially if they managed to ride the Mario Movie hype.

But uhhh that wasn't announced so :drshrug:

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
On the subject of Disney...
I agree with the concept, animated remakes of live-action movies would be cool, but uhhh this one? Not only is it already a remake itself, but also this movie is goddamn cheeks and making it animated won't fix that

Now a The Journey of Natty Gann remake on the other hand :smash:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On the subject of Disney...
I agree with the concept, animated remakes of live-action movies would be cool, but uhhh this one? Not only is it already a remake itself, but also this movie is goddamn cheeks and making it animated won't fix that

Now a The Journey of Natty Gann remake on the other hand :smash:
Oh yeah! I loved Homeward Bound 1 and 2! I would kill the next guy I come across to have that happen! Well, not kill, but yeah, I would like to see Homeward Bound remade!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This game must be a freaking disaster behind the scenes right now:
No characters besides Marvin made it to season 2, despite them saying there would be more, no other big content since, still lacking some of the changes people want. Season 3 must also be behind pretty bad on content, especially if they couldn’t even finish characters for season 2.

Really a shame to see how badly they fumbled this bag.
My hope is that they realized that Season 2 wasn't going that well, and instead of trying to put a bandaid on it they decided save it all for Season 3, as a soft re-launch, to rejuvenate the game. A few new characters, a few new stages, ranked, better netcode - all of that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My hope is that they realized that Season 2 wasn't going that well, and instead of trying to put a bandaid on it they decided save it all for Season 3, as a soft re-launch, to rejuvenate the game. A few new characters, a few new stages, ranked, better netcode - all of that.
My initial dislike of the game makes me want it to die. But then we're never gonna get another WB crossover fighter.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I think it's time to address the dead and dusty elephant in the grave.

Why is Prime remastered $40 but Mario Roms and Skyward Sword HD full price?

Like did Nintendo understand how pricing works... or did Retro say something... or did they realize they can't scam Metroid fans

Noipoi

Howdy!

Like did Nintendo understand how pricing works... or did Retro say something... or did they realize they can't scam Metroid fans
Metroid's not mainstream enough for them to get away with it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

They dont care about strong women.

Top Bottom