• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I refuse to belive the anime is changing too drastically.

Ive seen it before, old protagonist retires, new protagonist comes in, spends a couple arcs as the lead, old protagonist comes back, they fight for screentime and focus, happens everytime.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So here is what happening
My dad was planning on giving me miney for christmas but insted of giving me the money on christmas, we are using the money to by a new tv today

I feel horrible for doing this. He says its a christmas present but...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH MY GOD

ASH IS GONE LETS GOOOOO

1. Riko
    A Pokémon adoring girl hailing from the Kanto region. Transferring to the Paldea Region's special academy to hone her skills in all manners of Pokemon care and knowledge. She has a special bond with Pokémon that few can understand. She has a frightening knack for battle and an easygoing attitude. She doesn't talk much about her family with those around her and refuses to give her family name to any except the Professors of the campus. What secrets and mysteries could our protagonist be keeping and for what reason?

Big hmmmmmmmmm
There are already some theories
I was about to say literally all of this. Just woke and saw this news.

She is literally young Serena with blue hair. The shipping fans may not like it, it she seems the likeliest to be her mom.

Or it’s Dawn since Dawn was always there. But that always feels like a sibling dynamic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bro what’s gonna happen to Team Rocket??
They get to live happy and successful lives after leaving Team Rocket. They help aide the new protagonists from time to time. James is the cool uncle to Jessie’s kids and Meowth helps them forge bonds with Pokémon unlike any other trainer.
Plot twist: Riko's dad isn't Ash, it's actually Emperor Palpatine.
Watch the end of the first episode goes like this:

Liko is talking to Jacq and goes:

“Thanks, but you can call me by my last name if you want.”

Jacq: what is it?

Liko “Oak, Liko Mother ****ing Oak”

and we cut to Gary driving a sports car.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's always the possibility that's not Ash's kid.

As well as the possibity that Ash never settled down
Maybe but I kinda doubt it. All the typical anime kids tropes are right there.

She doesn’t want her name out there because her dad is Ash. Someone who would be monumentally famous for beating the world champion that was previously unbeatable. He also probably held this title.

While also going out and meeting all kinds of legendary Pokémon and what not. Very good chance Oak publishes a lot of Ash’s discoveries and feets.

So of course his kid wouldn’t want anyone to know who she is. That’s a lot of pressure that would immediately get placed on her to live up to her fathers name. Not having anything against her dad, but not wanting to compete with him either in the eyes of peers of may only befriend her because her dad is ash.

Makes a lot of sense to me but could go nowhere.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was about to say literally all of this. Just woke and saw this news.

She is literally young Serena with blue hair. The shipping fans may not like it, it she seems the likeliest to be her mom.

Or it’s Dawn since Dawn was always there. But that always feels like a sibling dynamic.
There's no deeper meaning to that logo, it was mentioned in one of the many episodes of this show that it's just the brand logo for Pokemon league.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's no deeper meaning to that logo, it was mentioned in one of the many episodes of this show that it's just the brand logo for Pokemon league.
The Ash’s hat one? Yeah technically, except they completely dropped that iconography. Look at the Masters 8 and I am pretty sure you will never see that symbol anywhere.
ZOINKS Scoob, it's Freddy Fazbear! Like, let's get outta here!
“Reddy Razear! Ruh-Oh!”

*Cue chase music

Also calling it now, Matthew is Purple Guy.

Also @PLATINUM7 where did you get that Liko character description? I see it nowhere on the internet.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Concerning the new Pokemon anime protagonist:

If she is Ash's kid, Misty or Serena seem the most likely candidates as her mother, if mostly because they're the traveling companions who got the most romantic teasing or interactions with him and vice-versa. The eye color also helps.

May and Dawn were more like platonic friends to Ash IIRC.

I haven't watched enough of the anime arcs based on Black and White or Sword Shield to know if he got much teasing with Iris or any traveling partners in the latest seasons.

I think there were some hints that Lillie might've had feelings for Ash, but nothing to the same extent as Misty or Serena. Plus the character has basically nothing in common with her appearance-wise.

No matter the result, this is a bold choice for the Pokemon anime to go in, but I'm not terribly surprised they took it, it's nice to see Ash have some proper closure for his decades-long story.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
New poll I see, hmm...

Well, on the one hand, Disney's 100th anniversary is coming so there's gonna be a lot of excellent movies and TV shows in the pipeline.

But on the other hand, Crash.

But on a third hand, the new Total Drama seasons are coming.

But on a fourth hand...
Crash.

Top Bottom