• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Baysha Baysha 's AMA is now up!

If you'd like to be added to the list of future AMA subjects, lemme know via reply or PM

KillerCage

Smash Master
Look I don't wanna bring politics into this thread, and if this starts some kind of argument you have my permission to deck me in the nose at least twice.

But I gotta share this.

Trump is selling NFTs.

A former president of the United States is selling NFTs.
Why am I not surprised he would be that?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The final boss in Unleashed is Bull**** for making you fight the Egg Dragoon over and over again if you game over on it. Like.... god damn this would be so much better without lives because then I, at least, wouldn't have to re-do this long tedious chunk of game over and over again as I die to wonky physics.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The upcoming Amazon God of War series should've been animated. Far more potential there.

Animation in the style similiar to Invincible or NetFlix's Castlevania.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I finally obtained the String Cheese mon.

And thus, my team is now:
Quaquaval (Donald)
Garganacl (Rock Golem)
Scovillian (Caprisun)
Espirita (Flo)
Gholdengo (String Cheese)
Closdire (Blacksire)

Edit: Yo this ability is busted as ****

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I finally obtained the String Cheese mon.

And thus, my team is now:
Quaquaval (Donald)
Garganacl (Rock Golem)
Scovillian (Caprisun)
Espirita (Flo)
Gholdengo (String Cheese)
Closdire (Blacksire)
I can't believe you went out of your way to get string cheese man L

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am not gonna do Sonic Unleashed's final boss unltill I let some time pass because the way it's designed is genuinely irritating. Hopefully it eventually gets a modern port that adds some quality of life fixes or at least is on PC so that modders can add them themselves.

Seriously, the best part about Sonic games being released on PC is that if SEGA makes a flub the fans can fix it and at least make the experience passable. Wish they started doing that earlier.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
CAUGHT ANOTHER SHINY!

Ain't gonna say what it is, because I'm only gonna get a very certian reply lol, but probably my favorite shiny I got this far. Doesn't hurt it's a Pokemon I really like.

And that makes three full odds shinies this game already. For reference I think my last one before these was Raticate back in HG. I suppose seeing all the mon in the overworld now is gonna heavily increase your chances of spotting em, lol.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thinking about it.

How am I gonna even get the Paradox Mons?

I 'think' you can crash in someone else's Violet game via the hook up function and they'll spawn for you?

....and then Koraidon....
Just trade.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Muscle Lady Eri was easy as hell.

You would think you would hear a lot of chatter from Team Star via Pokemon fans. From both a design standpoint and personality standpoint they seem tailored to make fans go feral but... no, silence.

Shroob

Sup?
Muscle Lady Eri was easy as hell.

You would think you would hear a lot of chatter from Team Star via Pokemon fans. From both a design standpoint and personality standpoint they seem tailored to make fans go feral but... no, silence.
Everyone's too focused on Arven, Nemona, Rika, Larry and Iono.

Like, remember when Sada and Turo were the big deal? It's been kinda quiet since.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This might be a bit of a hot take (maybe not, I dunno) but I think the Team Star storyline was just a horrible mess and the way they talked about bullying was almost offensive.

Mela was bullied for being "too cute" and Eri was bullied for being "too pretty and popular". Suuuuuure. It's the popular kids who get bullied the hardest. Nevermind that they have other traits they'd get bullied for instead but Pokemon doesn't have the guts to go there.

Oh but bullying doesn't happen at the academy anymore because they were all chased out by the threat of vehicular assault. Because bullying isn't a complex issue or anything and it's super easy to eliminate just by singling out the "bad kids".

I mean I don't expect pokemon to have a complex morally gray storyline or anything but man, it still upsets me. Especially considering my own experience with bullying.

Shroob

Sup?
I will say that

Geeta is probably the weakest champion story-wise since Diantha, and is hands down the weakest Champion teamwise since Gen 2 Lance.

Shroob

Sup?
How did people end up overleved for this game I'm legit like 8-10 levels behind every boss fighr right now.
The level curve is weird.

I'm constantly 5~ or so levels above each gym, but every 'end-boss' for the story arcs way overlevels me. I was always overleveled for the Gyms and Titans with only the Team Star cars giving me any issue, and then I fought Arven after the Titan storyline and was like "Oh, that's a level 61."

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The level curve is weird.

I'm constantly 5~ or so levels above each gym, but every 'end-boss' for the story arcs way overlevels me. I was always overleveled for the Gyms and Titans with only the Team Star cars giving me any issue, and then I fought Arven after the Titan storyline and was like "Oh, that's a level 61."
Grusha never hits level 49, in fact is the lowest level of the "objective" quests. It's heavily encouraged to due the league first because Grusha waa at a lower level then Eri (55) or the two level 55+ titans you had to fight in a row.

So naturally the Pokemon league starts at level 57 and goes up to the 60s.

Shroob

Sup?
Grusha never hits level 49, in fact is the lowest level of the "objective" quests. It's heavily encouraged to due the league first because Grusha waa at a lower level then Eri (55) or the two level 55+ titans you had to fight in a row.

At least the level curve for as weird as it is, ain't as bad as Gen 1's.

Looking at you Sabrina, the 6th gym leader, with level FIFTY Pokemon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love this suit
B5903256-766A-417A-BE3F-35F336DCF3C6.jpeg

75424347-6F3C-4F2E-9E65-6550C1BAAE7E.jpeg
29497252-2253-4F56-B4EB-716C6DD12AB1.jpeg
31C7F8A5-4BD5-4B73-8E3C-9F05CDB6EAEF.jpeg
E66C2FBE-81C6-4A0B-9D01-C6DB48B50C67.jpeg
8CB1FE55-D63A-43B1-90E5-99166CE52BC8.jpeg

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I fought every trainer I ran into

Old habits die hard

Top Bottom