• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm curious as to what you disliked about the Beauty and the Beast remake as while I feel it didn't quite have the Disney magic of the original, I also didn't think it was a bad film.
i have quite a few hangups tbh

-Emma Watson can’t sing and her portrayal of Belle doesn’t click with me, she gives off a holier-than-thou attitude. She was not a good casting choice and I felt her changes to the script bogged down the movie and her character greatly
-Beast acts like an idiot and is a lot less sympathetic
-the pacing is all over the place, despite the longer runtime, a good number of scenes from the original are cut down and lose a lot of their impact
-It takes Belle and Beast over an hour to show actual chemistry
-The stupid teleporting book gave unfortunate Stockholm Syndrome vibes and had no actual purpose narratively, could’ve been used to save her father but of course they needed another nomination for the Best Original Song Oscar
-lack of energy in the music numbers
-creepy CGI designs
-don’t get me started on the whole situation with Lefou and how disrespectful it was to the gay community and Howard Ashman

I could go on for hours but overall just felt like a worse paint-by-numbers remake that tried to fix supposed plot holes but didn’t add in enough content to justify being its own thing

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like we're back just in time for the Direct, and the first game appears to be Fire Emblem.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Huh, it looks like they really are going with that "summoning past heroes" route with the next FE.

I have mixed feelings about that. Gives me the impression they're going to prioritize fanservice over story and worldbuilding, but I suppose its too early to judge.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Octopath Traveler 2 was announced. I think I'll wait until I see reviews or more gameplay; my main issue was that there were barely any interactions between party members until the post-game, so it felt like eight completely separate adventures.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Goldeneye with online play might make it worth looking into the N64 Online app for me - I haven't played much of Goldeneye before. (though I still wish it was a standalone purchase)

EDIT:

Hopefully we get a PC version; I see that Rare Replay logo in the bottom at the end, so I wonder if it will be added to Rare Replay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom