• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just saw the Mario movie

I have thoughts, generally though, it was not good, I didn't hate it.

-It is amazing how much better every actor was compared to Chris Pratt. Chris Pratt wasn't even that bad, just a charisma vacuum

-The music and action scenes really were excellent, the lack of proper crediting does put a sour taste in my mouth unfortunately.

-It was also very Illumination, Like I expected this but wow it was even more Illumination than I thought. Unfunny but gorgeous.

-The licensed songs were unnecessary and distracting, Mr. Blue Sky and Holding out for a hero are off limits for all movies until a movie is confident they can be better than GOTG2 and Shrek 2

I have a few more but this is all I feel like typing rn.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
New Chainsaw Man dropped today

I'm on that Denji/Asa copium again please Fujimoto I just want them to be happy

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Interesting. Was the guy who snuck a good story in Galaxy 1 under Miyamoto’s nose involved in Jungle Beat? Cause that game has like no plot.
Yes, Koizumi directed both games.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Have you seen the interview where he talked about how he wasn’t aware of the story in Galaxy 1 and “put a stop to it this time” in Galaxy 2 before triumphantly raising his fist?
Yes I have. He said he wasn't aware that Koizumi said previously he had been finding ways to sneak stories into games. It wasn't about Galaxy 1.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Earlier I said I wasn't expecting any Scarlet & Violet news this whole month (not counting the HOME update) but us receiving a new Pokémon recently proved I was wrong. Now I think there could be something by the end of the month (probably nothing big though)

KillerCage

Smash Master

Check this out, everyone.
Will Freedom Planet 2 get a Switch Port?

Also my parents and I have finished Legend of Korra tonight.
While I do think the series is good, it pales in comparison to the OG Avatar series. That second season really tainted the show with the only good things added being Avatar Wan's story and and the pair of Varrick and Zhu Li. I liked Korra at the outset, but even I couldn't stand her during season 2 much like the rest the cast in season 2. Outside of season 2, I liked the majority of the characters. Bolin was such a cinnamon roll that I couldn't hate. Asami was great once she got out of that stupid love triangle. Tenzin and his family were fantstic as well as Lin Beifong and her family. I am split on the villains with Amon and Zaheer being great, Kuvira being decent, and the less said of the season 2 villains the better. I might rewatch the series sometime in the future.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

You guys let me know if you can find anything that tops the Alma's Way theme tune

I didn't want to post something like the og TMNT or Pokemon, cause those are fairly obvious, but I do love this little theme.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I'm so old, they didn't have exact dates for releases back then. But this is only 3 days older than me

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Y'all ever watch a trailer for something, and the trailee just spoils the entire thing? And you go, "No way they just spoiled the entire thing", and you go and buy it and guess what? They spoiled the entire thing and you just wasted money.

Like, anyone have this experience?
I don't watch movies much anymore so no. But a similar thing happened to me when I tried out dreamlight valley. If you open the menu and look at characters, they literally show you all of them, even the ones you haven't unlocked yet. So I was kind of bummed out ofbeing spoiled but it's fine.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pulseman, Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition, Kid Chameleon, and Flicky are the newest additions to the Genesis Switch Online lineup.

Oh and Xenoblade 3 DLC comes out next Tuesday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom