• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm looking at the Star Wars section of Disney+ and noticed the 2008 Clone Wars movie wasn't included in their "Star Wars in Timeline Order" section

Isn't it the starting point of the animated series of the same name?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Shoutout to Higsby and Numberman's English dub VA's, i cannot imagine these two characters without them.

So words on the street ROVIO (Creator of Angry Birds) have been purchased by SEGA.
Sega just made a Gatcha game where they turn all their IP's into hot anime girls.

So we'll likely get a hot anime girl angry bird in the near future and i dont know how to feel about this.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Sega just made a Gatcha game where they turn all their IP's into hot anime girls.

So we'll likely get a hot anime girl angry bird in the near future and i dont know how to feel about this.
Rovio ALMOST did that before (keyword: almost).
Angryverse_Brawl_TikTok_AD_Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Unfortunately making a new ugly stitch design would be funny, I think we are in the timeline where we will probably just get a CGI model of the 2D design with some fur effects, like how they handled the Live Action Pinocchio. The Boring option.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Unfortunately making a new ugly stitch design would be funny, I think we are in the timeline where we will probably just get a CGI model of the 2D design with some fur effects, like how they handled the Live Action Pinocchio.
That's what I've been thinking is going to happen, given Disney's most recent attempts at translating cartoons into live-action form. And sadly that's probably going to look even worse by landing in straight-up Uncanny Valley territory.

It's difficult to find a happy medium between live-action CGI designs that don't look ugly but also remain faithful to their original designs. Detective Pikachu and Sonic (after enough backlash) accomplished it, though, so it's not impossible. Disney just hasn't been able to hit the mark so far.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Unfortunately making a new ugly stitch design would be funny, I think we are in the timeline where we will probably just get a CGI model of the 2D design with some fur effects, like how they handled the Live Action Pinocchio. The Boring option.
I mean they went the photorealistic option with Lion Kong, and it was visually impressive but I don't want them to return to that.

I will say, I did like the way the Beast looked in the 2017 Beauty and Beast, but they could have made his face more... Beastly
Profile_-_The_Beast_2017.jpg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's what I've been thinking is going to happen, given Disney's most recent attempts at translating cartoons into live-action form. And sadly that's probably going to look even worse by landing in straight-up Uncanny Valley territory.

It's difficult to find a happy medium between live-action CGI designs that don't look ugly but also remain faithful to their original designs. Detective Pikachu and Sonic (after enough backlash) accomplished it, though, so it's not impossible. Disney just hasn't been able to hit the mark so far.
They arent going too but they should get the guys who did the designs for Detective Pikachu, they did a good job translating weird creature designs into Live action i'm sure they could make Stitch look good.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Kang's whole shtick is that he's has variants so I don't see why they can't recast him
I'm looking at the Star Wars section of Disney+ and noticed the 2008 Clone Wars movie wasn't included in their "Star Wars in Timeline Order" section

Isn't it the starting point of the animated series of the same name?
Kinda.

The tv series has super messy chronology and the movie takes place after the chronologically first and second episodes. It does establish the core cast and status quo though

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kang's whole shtick is that he's has variants so I don't see why they can't recast him
probably doesn’t help that the MCU has so far
decided to make every single Kang look exactly like Johnathan Majors, unlike the Peter Parkers and Lokis who have their variants differ from one another

Top Bottom