• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have now read all of what I've watched of Spy x Family

Obviously I'm gonna keep going and catch up with the whole thing since this manga is delightful

Noipoi

Howdy!
So the next raid event is a rerun of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves, starting from May 1st to the 14th.

I swear to god that’s when HOME support drops.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Jimmy Olsen is confirmed to be appearing in Superman Legacy. (hopefully his portrayal here is better than in Batman v. Superman, where he wasn't named outside of the extended cut and executed after a single scene)

Also, pre-production's started on that movie; it'll be nice to have an optimistic portrayal of Superman again. (I liked Henry Cavill in the role, but he wasn't given great material to work with)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait what's going on?
Some dude made ransomware a while back, got arrested, jailed, and now owes Nintendo like 20% of his income for the rest of his life.

Now he wasn't at all a good person given that, again, he sold ransomware and manually brick consoles, but idk that punishment is pretty damn ridiculous. Just corporations being corporations

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some dude made ransomware a while back, got arrested, jailed, and now owes Nintendo like 20% of his income for the rest of his life.

Now he wasn't at all a good person given that, again, he sold ransomware and manually brick consoles, but idk that punishment is pretty damn ridiculous. Just corporations being corporations
At least when we give nintendo 20% of our income for the rest of our lives we get a product or service in return.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
At least when we give nintendo 20% of our income for the rest of our lives we get a product or service in return.
Yeah, but something people gotta remember that they aren't the first nor last company to do something like this. Valve did something like that in 2003, Take Two is abusing the **** out of it, Bungie is doing million dollar lawsuits for cheaters in Destiny (which people defend for some reason), and tons more.

Capitalism bad or something, idk

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New update for Scarlet and Violet tomorrow, where the Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Tera Raid Battles make a second go around in response to those who did it last time on v1.1 which lead them to a bad egg battle by mistake.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
An interesting detail about the international version of Genesis Switch Online is that Pulseman listed 2009 as its release year, in reference to its first international release via Wii Virtual Console.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was lowkey interested in this Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster thing that just released on Switch and PS4, but
View attachment 371030

I might just start jolly rogering games that ain't worth the price, cause wtf is this?
There's also the option to buy them individually; you could just buy the games that you're interested in, or get them one at a time so it's spread out.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You miss the fact he was charged with this before in 2008 apparently

So this is his 2nd time, multiple offender

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So Rift of the NecroDancer was shown off in the Indie Direct and the Godzilla vs Kong sequel was given a teaser.

Based on the fact both franchises received Pinball FX tables last week, this means Twilight Zone is nextin line.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There's also the option to buy them individually; you could just buy the games that you're interested in, or get them one at a time so it's spread out.
Maybe, if I were to pay for one would probably be for 6, but the pricing is still absurd individually given that 3-6 are all more expensive than FF7 on the same system. Am I being cheap? Yeah for sure, I'm broke, but I'm hesistant to pay a premium for old games that aren't even the best ways to play it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, remind me not to sell ransomware on Nintendo's hardware. They are just excervating this dude Gary Bowser, lowkey kinda ****ed up on all sides.
There can only be one Bowser. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. :bowsette:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My other dog just died. He just had a seizure and died in my friggin hands as I was trying to help him.
I'm so sorry to hear that. **** hits way too close to home, so all I can say is that it takes time. This **** will hurt for a while, so mourn, cry, do all that. But time will ease the pain, it won't eliminate it (I still miss my beloved chihuahua), but it will ease it. Know that you gave him a home, a family, ans I'm sure he'd loves you just for taking him in. Take it easy, ok.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was fine with the licensed songs used in the Mario movie but THIS is where I would draw the line if it were to have happened.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was fine with the licensed songs used in the Mario movie but THIS is where I would draw the line if it were to have happened.

that would’ve been ****

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I’m glad the composer fought this. The remix we got instead is the best of the movie and it made the scene perfect. Jump would have felt really cringe in that moment.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Man wanted to **** around and find out. Which he did.

On top of being warned beforehand, he made a couple hundred thousand, if not more off of these scans. Technically stole nintendos product to upsale, literally would dox people with ransom ware, lied about his position at the company, and his partners got away or he didn’t give themaway.

he asked for it tbh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My other dog just died. He just had a seizure and died in my friggin hands as I was trying to help him.
I’m sorry for your loss. I miss one my pets recently and it still sucks, but I know they are pain free now and am grateful for them and to have gotten to take them in

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Man wanted to **** around and find out. Which he did.

On top of being warned beforehand, he made a couple hundred thousand, if not more off of these scans. Technically stole nintendos product to upsale, literally would dox people with ransom ware, lied about his position at the company, and his partners got away or he didn’t give themaway.

he asked for it tbh.
Oh no, he for sure deserved to get punished, but I just think it's a bit excessive

Top Bottom