• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Mario Bros., Donkey Kong sequels, the VS. Arcade System versions of a whole bunch of NES titles, some pre NES titles like Sheriff, Space Firebird, etc., the Punch-Out spinoff Arm Wrestling and I guess Cruis'n but Raw Thrills handles most of the arcade releases for that.
I cant believe i forgot Cruis'n, i love cruis'n

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They lent their titles to Hamster's Arcade Archives.

They're also providing input into the world's largest Donkey Kong.
well that’s cool
I mean. They already do. Nintendo doesn’t manufacture their own plushies and sticker books and action figures and Lego sets. Or even the console hardware. They partnered with NVIDIA to manufacture the switch. And Nintendo doesn’t build arcade cabinets.
I was more concerned about the games than the everything else, but platinum already brought in evidence that’ll show less or no issues

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The new Tiny Toons show has a trailer:
It looks ok. But the new VOs don't quite sound like the characters to me yet. It'll have to grow on me. I really hope the focus on slapstick and bizarre expressions in the trailer is just to draw the kids in and the show is better than that. The Animaniacs reboot was really good. This deserves to be too.

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
Wonder Trading? Forgive me, but what is that?
Surprise trade, etc.

It's the feature in newer Pokemon games where you trade a Pokemon with a random person.

A lot of bots have moved over from Sword/Shield into Scar/Vio and are mass sending genned Shinies with names that advertise their genning websites.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
E3BA568D-3E0C-4702-86D3-19E244A3CA85.jpeg
D0EF866F-6E89-45C7-96C4-8A4AFAB0185B.jpeg
065911B0-E93B-4118-8E38-B0B452C09A18.jpeg
E67D5A4E-D199-42FF-960F-CE71C6DFDCF2.jpeg
50 years ago was 1973, and around the Spring time period that year (March specifically), they had the iconic storyline “The Night Gwen Stacy Died”…so it feels like Mary Jane is gonna die for no reason beyond “shock” when in reality it’ll just be mercy and worthlessness

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Surprise trade, etc.

It's the feature in newer Pokemon games where you trade a Pokemon with a random person.

A lot of bots have moved over from Sword/Shield into Scar/Vio and are mass sending genned Shinies with names that advertise their genning websites.
Oh, I see. What are these bots doing to the game, exactly?

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, I see. What are these bots doing to the game, exactly?
Well, I said what they're doing.

Basically they're queueing up for Surprise Trade and sending a ton of Genned Shiny Pokemon out.

While I normally wouldn't care about this, the thing is, all the Pokemon have nicknames of their personal websites which are meant to direct people to them where they can proceed to buy Pokemon.

It's one thing to just send a random genned shiny out into the Wild, it's another when you're trying to make profit off it, esp when soo many kids play this game.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, I said what they're doing.

Basically they're queueing up for Surprise Trade and sending a ton of Genned Shiny Pokemon out.

While I normally wouldn't care about this, the thing is, all the Pokemon have nicknames of their personal websites which are meant to direct people to them where they can proceed to buy Pokemon.

It's one thing to just send a random genned shiny out into the Wild, it's another when you're trying to make profit off it, esp when soo many kids play this game.
It's only a matter of time before they start getting to spam malicious sites. Kids don't know safe internet browsing and something's gonna happen.

It's especially worrying because the Pokemon community has a bad history of 🧀🍕. One wrong click, and kids can get exploited like that. Now I hope it doesn't get to that point but in this age with discord bots being everywhere...😬

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ugh, I hate bots! I wonder why they're even allowed to be on sites? They are so annoying.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Regardless, my interest in playing Scarlet went down significantly ever since finishing the story and Paldea Dex so this bot this isn't really a concern for me.

Just waiting fo dat DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
I've never really cared about hacked Pokemon, considering I have a collection of all breedable, currently unobtainable Pokemon in Scar/Vio like Hisuian Sneasel, Alolan Grimer, etc. Since they're all bred legitimately, even if one of the parents was hacked, the game considers them legit, so good enough for me.

The sticking point is the advertising and exploitation of kids.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've never really cared about hacked Pokemon, considering I have a collection of all breedable, currently unobtainable Pokemon in Scar/Vio like Hisuian Sneasel, Alolan Grimer, etc. Since they're all bred legitimately, even if one of the parents was hacked, the game considers them legit, so good enough for me.

The sticking point is the advertising and exploitation of kids.
It's legit scary. I know kids already take some lessons on safe browsinf, but there needs to be some lessons on safe gaming too. Feels increasingly common hearing kids get stuck in a trap because they think they can get cool items in a video game if they just follow a link. Happened to Fortnite, happened to Roblox, and now it has the potential to happen to Pokemon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So recently I learned that the background texture of the Ghostly Galaxy (as well as Bonefin Galaxy and Boo's Boneyard Galaxy) from Super Mario Galaxy is actually a reused asset from the background seen through the cracks of the Wind Waker's Ghost Ship.

I always thought they looked very similar ever since I first got to the Ghost Ship, but I wasn't aware or at least certain they were literally the exact same asset, just slightly edited, until like just a week ago lmao. It's nice to actually have definitive answer to something I always thought was an intriguing similarity or coincidence growing up.

(For reference, Ghostly Galaxy's background is the one on the left. The original texture from Wind Waker is on the right.)

Shroob

Sup?
It's legit scary. I know kids already take some lessons on safe browsinf, but there needs to be some lessons on safe gaming too. Feels increasingly common hearing kids get stuck in a trap because they think they can get cool items in a video game if they just follow a link. Happened to Fortnite, happened to Roblox, and now it has the potential to happen to Pokemon.
It ain't anything new tbh.

Look at TF2. The reddit pretty much daily has people either asking if "Insert random steam message I just got here" is a Scam, or that their entire steam account was hijacked because they fell for a scam.

Hell, it's even older than that but you get the picture.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Question out of curiosity, who thinks capitalism should be replaced?

I mean, it is highly unlikely to probably being borderline nigh impossible, if you know what I mean, but I think this country would be better than the so flawed capitalism system. Heck! I would even go so far as to say allowing capitalism to be what the USA runs on was a mistake.

Shroob

Sup?
So ever since the Terapagos look alike popped up, the Pokémon socials, including the TCG one have, been posting turtle related stuff (including making a ****ing The Master of Disguise reference)

Wonder if this will be going somewhere soon.
Okay but for real

Are you turtley enough for the Turtle Club?
1681950174643.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It ain't anything new tbh.

Look at TF2. The reddit pretty much daily has people either asking if "Insert random steam message I just got here" is a Scam, or that their entire steam account was hijacked because they fell for a scam.

Hell, it's even older than that but you get the picture.
Oh I'm not saying it's new.

I'm saying it's increasingly prevelant because now we got new sites popping up left and right and they all promise being totally safe. You don't gotta go to page 3 of google for the payload, now all it does is take a temp Discord account. Now all it takes clicking a link on a Tweet that's been botted to make it seem legit. Just click on the link on a Youtube channel. It's easy as hell now, and it's out on the open on sites that millions use

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So uh

Wonder Trading is ****ed

There are SOO many bots now.
Man my ass back in 2013 would be lurking live wonder trade streams from poketubers so I had a higher chance of getting something very good.

Top Bottom