• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
oddly enough Max doesn’t have the English dub
I genuinely had no idea this came out today. I was wondering when it would release. Hoping it’s worth a watch.
Peak-Monkey Season 2 trailer dropped:
Don't be fooled by the artstyle, this show's first season was a very faithful and respectful adaptation of a very underrated comic book run. Glad It is getting a continuation.
As someone who watched the first season, I honestly expected it to be a cheap archer rip off. But it actually was extremely well written with a great action and art direction at times. Was a really fun way to explore a different side of marvel. Definitely watching season 2.
I thought the show was doneso after the first season. It was good, and wasn’t expecting all of the X-Men reps in the last episode.
It’s interesting this got picked up, because they way they got away with it, was by removing marvel from the credits. I hope they still can use more characters again as the story set the stage for some very logical cameos for future.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There are rumors the next Fortnite season is going to be entirely Marvel themed. If that's the case, how would people feel if this was the Battle Pass lineup?

Reed Richards
Johnny Storm
Professor X
Emma Frost
Kamala Kahn
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Ultron
Agatha Harkness (Secret Skin)

Jotadé

Smash Ace
There are rumors the next Fortnite season is going to be entirely Marvel themed. If that's the case, how would people feel if this was the Battle Pass lineup?

Reed Richards
Johnny Storm
Professor X
Emma Frost
Kamala Kahn
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Ultron
Agatha Harkness (Secret Skin)
This would go hard, although It would be dissapointing for me if we got a Sue Storm mythic but not the character herself.

Mostly because she's my favourite member of the Fantastic Four, although Reed and Johnny are cool as well and can live with them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This would go hard, although It would be dissapointing for me if we got a Sue Storm mythic but not the character herself.

Mostly because she's my favourite member of the Fantastic Four, although Reed and Johnny are cool as well and can live with them.
I didn't want to have all four of the F4 in the battlepass, that would take up a lot of room. I decided on Reed and Johnny because they have really easy options for reskins (The Maker and the original robot Human Torch). Sue and Ben don't have nearly as obvious options, so I decided to leave them out. Don't worry, they would totally be in the item shop.
So is he going to...stand?
Yes. He could walk in X-Men 97. He walks in some flashbacks. He could walk in the Krakoa era of the comics. Just give him some metal legs and he'll be fine.

Or we could give him the Morty treatment that would be funny
1719533903353.png

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Ya'll, ima be real. I had a really bad day. Won't go into details because It involves a lot of confusing legal and economical IRL shenanigans, but basically my bank account is at zero due to some dumb stuff my father did years ago.

However, something happened which just made my day, something I thought would never happen because I believed that It would basically be lost media by now.

Tonight, after looking for It for over 15 years... I finally found the castillian spanish dub of MegaMan NT Warrior and NT Warrior Axess on its entirety. Not the catalán dub, not the LATAM dub, but the castillian dub which they aired on Televisión Canaria back when I was a kid and which was not only one of the first animes I saw as a kid alongside Pokémon, Sargent Keroro, Pretty Cure and a few others, but also the second animated show I have memory of seeing after being born, only with The Mask animated series coming before It.

As ya'll can imagine, this was the shining light in an otherwise stressful day. Would share the entire dub with ya'll, but I fear if I share the link anywhere Capcom lawyers would take It down and have It lost forever again. Don't worry doh, I plan to archive the whole thing on my 1TB external drive alongside the 90s Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four castillian spanish dubs.

Definitely, I feel so glad right now to have achieved yet another childhood goal.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Rewatched Ant-Man

Another good movie, The big standout is the action and how the movie plays with scale and with the camera and fight choreography. The Ant-man suit is also probably my favorite suit in the MCU, it is basically a Kamen Rider suit tbh. I also think this movie can be pretty damn funny too. I also like how this movie is pretty standalone all things considered.

Regardless of your thoughts on the movie we can all agree the whole Ant-man Trilogy was worth it for how Michael Douglas says the word Ants

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Something that should be said about Luigi's mansion, heck GCN games in general is that a lot of those games had pressure triggers that for some reason no other Nintendo controller uses. So a some of the control feels inherintly worse for GCN ports cause you don't get the feedback a pressure trigger gives unless you use a Gamecube controller.

This is super noticable with the Mario Sunshine port.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But real talk, the Luigi's Mansion 2 port highkey gets on my nerves. I been on record for not liking Nintendo's garbage pricing on their ports before, but I genuinelly can't see why this is $60. It genuinelly looks the exact same as the 3DS version, not a single graphical upgrade, gameplay change, new mode, nothing in sight. Am I just blind?

Like at least use the Luigi's Mansion 3 models or throw in LM1 to justify it or something

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Listen, whatever you guys thought about the debate...

I just lost countless brain cells having to watch that myself.

Top Bottom