• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Just took out like 5 Cinderace raids. Me and my friends have been using this core of Slowbro/Dachsbun/Azumarill and it's been working really well.
Slowbro: Nasty Plot/Iron Defense/Slack Off/Stored Power
This puts in most of the work. Dachsbun focuses on Charm and Azumarill focuses on Fake Tears and then we spam support moves. Slowbro can safely OHKO the Cinderace once it's fully set up with this strategy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
David Kaye as Dinosaurus using the Megatron (Beast Wars) voice or bust. For when he finally appears in the show of Invincible.

I can't exactly image Dinosaurus sounding like anything else but that.

And I'm also gonna be sad when he dies...If only Mark never got infected with the Scourge virus...:(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think I prefer Don’t Think Twice over Sanctuary
It was so ****ing weird, pun intended, but it was ironicly the best part of the series finale to me and their child is unbelievably cute
as one who doesn’t MLP, I can at least confirm Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were nice

a
Now that's just sad.
Goku had to team up with Vegeta to win a Death Battle and it was against another Goku and Vegeta.
sometimes the only one and only thing you can truly beat…is yourself

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I want you for a lifetime
So, if you're gonna think twice
Baby, I don’t wanna know
Baby, I don’t wanna know

Shroob

Sup?
Still debating on a 6th member for my Raidbuster team.

Was considering Gholdengo, but none of my Chest Form Gimmighouls have seemingly respawned at all, and my other's made for Wi-Fi.

Considered Sylveon, but don't wanna burn an Ability Patch.

Considered Umbreon, but meh.

Was thinking a support Grimmsnarl....

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
How was this year for all you?

For me it started out rough. On the very first day of 2022, I caught Covid and eventually my whole family got it. Thankfully everyone is alright now, but for a while it was very stressful, particularly in regards to finances. Then later on in the same month, one of my cats suddenly passed away. So yeah, January sucked.

But then things turned around. I finally quit my fast food job which I was at for 4 years and now I'm employed at a place that fits my pace more and I'm much happier now. Xenoblade 3 also came out this year which I was very happy about and it delivered on my expectations. Finally, during the rough patch that was January, I got introduced to RWBY which was exactly what I needed at that time. I'm forever thankful to it for making me laugh and entertained during a bleak time and it's now my second favorite show.

Despite the rough beginning, 2022 was also a magical year for me and I look forward to what 2023 brings.

Gemini Elf

Sakura for SF6!
Premium
おはようございます. I release the blessing of peace upon everyone here this morning and pray that the upcoming new year treats y'all wonderfully! :yoshi:

This year went okay for me. I was finally able to get the last few games (Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Super Mario Party, Mario Party Superstars) to complete the Honeydew Arcade...which I should re-brand as Maryse's Rec Room. Over the holidays, my only present was God's infinite love.

What am I looking forward to in 2023? Not much at the moment; just the Super Mario Bros. movie and, of course, the :ultpyra::ultmythra: amiibo. :yoshi:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
This year was a pretty good one for me personally. I finally quit the bad job I was stuck with for 2 years, started college, saw my friends a lot, and even moved out, even if I came back to my parents after 4 months.

Let's hope next year will be even better.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well this year, I:
  • Started off super depressed
  • Caught Covid for the first time
  • Went to therapy for depression and anxiety (helped a ton)
  • Started my last semester of college
  • Became the secretary of a diveristy orginazation at my campus
  • Did a final project by making another game (but on a team this time)
  • Last season of the sport I do
  • Caught Covid again
  • Said my goodbyes
  • Graduated college with not a single grade lower than a B-
Overall, a pretty eventful year for me. 2023 though... looks like I gotta start the next chapter of life

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did a lot of self discovery this past year. Part of it was set off by discovering that I'm aro late in 2021 but a lot of it has also been all the time I've been spending outside with my camera. Classic "shut in discovers he loves being outdoors, actually" story. A certain favorite show I'm obsessed with ending and giving me an existential crisis may have played a part too.

But when I've spent so much time figuring out what I actually want with my life it gets hard to look backwards, I'm too busy looking forwards for once. There's so much I feel like I finally have the drive to do.

Oh and therapy. I should be starting that pretty soon. I'm probably like 20 years late for that but better late then never!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I will say that 2022 has been quite a challenge for me with several ups and downs. I was unfortunate to had caught Covid in the middle of this month and I ended up having to isolate myself for over a week and a half. I am starting to feel better even though I am still having the odd coughs and I still wear a mask whenever I go anywhere.

2022 has also certainly been rather interesting for films, shows, sports and video games in which some were great and some were mediocre.There are a load of films, tv shows and video games that I am highly eager to anticipate throughout 2023.

However, I am going to remain optimistic and hope that 2023 will be a good year for me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
おはようございます. I release the blessing of peace upon everyone here this morning and pray that the upcoming new year treats y'all wonderfully! :yoshi:

This year went okay for me. I was finally able to get the last few games (Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Super Mario Party, Mario Party Superstars) to complete the Honeydew Arcade...which I should re-brand as Maryse's Rec Room. Over the holidays, my only present was God's infinite love.

What am I looking forward to in 2023? Not much at the moment; just the Super Mario Bros. movie and, of course, the :ultpyra::ultmythra: amiibo. :yoshi:
Happy new year, hope yours is a good one as well!

The same goes for everyone here. I hope we can all have happy, safe, and healthy New Years, maybe even meet some goals along the way.

Personally this year wasn’t to bad. Make a big move with family leaving behind where I grew up, managed to stay pretty healthy for the most part, started exercising, got out a lot more to. Overall, there was a lot of change. Something I hope can continue for the better in the new year. I’m still working on getting into shape more and have a few other goals for the new year that I’ll be aiming to achieve.

Top Bottom