• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished training up my shiny Zoroark.

So to recap, the final team is:

Takumi the Decidueye
Axe-Man the Kleavor
Pooh the Ursaluna
Gullivera the Goodra
Phantans the Basculegion
Blueberry the Zoroark
IMG-20221230-WA0011.jpeg

Here's a group photo.

Shout-out to Horny the Wyrdeer who couldn't keep up (literally) and Nana the Zoroark who got cucked by her shiny little brother

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now this is a Death Battle I'd love to see.

Dinosaurus (Invincible) VS Stegron (Marvel Comics)

Connections: Dinosaur-like villains that in spite of their appearances are intellectual genius' who aims to reshape the world in their images (Dinosaurus being an eco-terrorist that is trying to "help" the world notably by wiping out most of the human population or converting urban areas back to their natural states, Stegron turning the whole world into dinosaur-people just like himself).

The ideal name for the soundtrack could be Prehistoric Madness, in reference to how mad and insane both are.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why cant Sora and Kairi just get and stay with each other…the only thing that KH needs to allow (well…that and let me play as Kairi)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have an exciting opportunity for everyone here. For the past 15 minutes, myself and a group of like-minded intellectuals have been laying down the beginnings of a grass roots campaign to get, Chris Pratt, star of hit movies such as the television show Parks and Recreation, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World, and The Super Mario Bros. Movie by Illumination, to headline a number of Nintendo franchises that can be incorporated into the NCU.

So far, the grassroots campaign know as “Pratt’ify Nintendo” has a list of, not really demands, but sort of. We are calling Nintendo and affiliated Studios to cast Mr. Pratt in the following roles:
  • Marth in “Fire Emblem”. We have seen him play a wide range of characters and nailed how many of these people talk. Such as Andy and his Indianan accent, Star-Lord and his smart Alec ways. And mostly recently Mario and his New Yorker accent. We feel that Mr. Pratt getting into touch with his more softer side and taking up a more noble accent to be the next step for this actor. We feel “Prepare yourself” needs a more Pratt’er touch to it.
  • Ganondorf in “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time”. As we saw in Avengers Endgame when Thor Odison boarded the Guardians of the Galaxy’s spacecraft after the Mad Titan Thanos destroyed the Statesman looking for the Space Stone that Mr. Pratt is capable of adopting a more lower, darker, and gruffer voice suiting for the King of Evil. He would greatly like to hear Mr. Pratt nail Ganondorf’s “Hahaha” as he faces Leonardo Di Caprio (Titanic, Inception, Critters 3).
  • Pac-man in “Pac-Man and the Revenge of the Ghosts”. Yes, yes…we know that Pac-man is owned by the company known as Bandai-Namco but the director of Super Smash Bros. Masahiro Sakurai stated in a Sakurai Presents that Bandai-Namco sometimes forgot they owned Pac-man. We feel that is enough grounds for Pac-man belonging more so with Nintendo rather than Bandai-Namco. And if there is pushback from Bandai-Namco, then Nintendo can facilitate a purchase of the Pac-Man IP since Mr. Pratt as the titular hero would be sure to bring in a lot of commercial success for the movie. We 100% believe that Mr. Pratt was born to say “Waka waka waka waka”.
That’s all we have thus far for a mission statement but our policy crafters are hard at work imagining other blockbuster roles for Mr. Pratt in the NCU. Ridley in Metroid? Captain Falcon in F-Zero? Shulk in Xenoblade? Kirby in Kirby? Captain Olimar in Pikmin? We feel he could nail them all but time will tell on the future for Mr. Pratt involvement in the NCU. Show yourself support by joining our website which we are currently figuring out how to set up but should be up at some point in time. In the meantime, go to Twitter and use the #PrattifyNintendo to help us with our goals!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Two of my family's dogs went missing, weirdly both the boys of the family, the dogs left behind safe and sound are female dogs.
Which is a small detail that sticks out to me here.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Before they were revealed, i imagined for the Japanese Dub of Illumination's Mario having a female seiyuu making a child-like voice for the protagonist (Mario) or Toad. But i'm fine with the selection.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My Pokemon Showdown Opponent:
Brings 3 pseudo legendaries, all of which dragon or dark type.

My max attack Grimsnarl:

Didn't save the replay because it was honestly a boring match but it's fun when your support mon just gets to click his one attacking move and win.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My 11 most anticipated films for next year.

Cocaine Bear (**** Ant-Man 3, THIS is the movie of the month! No, no scratch that movie of the century!)
Shazam! Fury of the Gods
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Fast X (I know they've gotten ridiculous but these movies are just a guilty pleasure at this point)
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Meg 2: The Trench
Upcoming Toho Godzilla film

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if ya'll have done this yet as I've been missing out on the Thread for a few days due to health stuff (it's alright, I'm finally starting to feel better), but here's my summary of the year in general:

If I had to describe my year with two words, those would be "progress" and "development". Went from having quite the tough start of the year by leaving the site and having some weird stuff on my mind which I really reject ever having, to slowly and surely making progress through the help of people such as my psychologist, the people from The Owl Club or my IRL friends, who all took me through a journey of self-discovery and development to become who I am now.

And thanks to this journey, I've met new people who even got to become my friends, I've gained more confidence on myself and I even got to return to university; something a number of people thought wouldn't happen for longer. And yeah, my time at university so far has been great too, even making new friends along the way who are helping me get through the subjects.

It has also been a year of small achievements such as getting the new PS5, getting a 4K TV or even getting to see some movies I've been wanting to see for a long time or playing games I have awaited quite for a while.

Overall, while this year has had it's weird stuff... I feel that I've learnt a lot not just about the world, but even about myself and the way I work. I'm quite pleased with how It has went as a whole, and I wish to keep improving and learning in 2023. All while enjoying the small things too in the meantime.

Sorry if this post was kinda too personal, but I get invested when analyzing stuff in general.

Edit: posted too early by accident, some tags may not work

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My great-uncle, my grandpa's brother probably doesn't have much time left in this world, he's been fighting stage 4 cancer and its gotten to the point he's now at the hospital.

Continuing by some chance and luck a miracle occurs but I'm not counting on it. Best to probably do is enjoy all the time we have left with him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It just dawned on me that we are very likely, extremely close to the next direct and a big one at that.

Prime 4 is fair game, new Mario fair game, maybe Pokémon DLC( either a Pokémon direct announcement or spin-off most likely), more tears of the kingdom, maybe advance wars, and who knows what else.

Could be a really stacked direct setting up a nice new year.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Even though you know Zack's death is coming the moment you boot up Crisis core, it's a moment that still hits a strong emotional beat when it comes, this game does an incredible job at making you like him as a protagonist so seeing him get torn appart while keeping his positive attitude and passing the torch to Cloud while his last line is "Do you think, i became a hero?"

Such a good ending theme

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Even though you know Zack's death is coming the moment you boot up Crisis core, it's a moment that still hits a strong emotional beat when it comes, this game does an incredible job at making you like him as a protagonist so seeing him get torn appart while keeping his positive attitude and passing the torch to Cloud while his last line is "Di you think, i became a hero?"

Such a good ending theme
If Zack ever gets into Smash as an Echo, I will pay good money for them to include a segment in the reveal trailer of him and Cloud fighting against 6 Mii Gunners in Special Forces Outfit on Gerudo Valley.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know it'll never happen since Smash only uses Kingdom hearts 1 music, but if Sora comes back in a future Smash i hope they include the Kingdom hearts remix of Under the appletree on Hollow Bastion

I'm only just now finding out this song is apparently called Under the appletree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom