• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Scott dropping another musical banger at the end:
I remeber i asked for a drawing tablet as a kid

I got that udraw ****.

I legit threw the whole thing away years later. Right in the trash
---
I dont give a single rabbit **** about the new year. For all Im conserned, im still going to be a depressed mess next year so 2023 is just another sunday

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, saw the Violent Night today by the way.

...it was fine. I think most of the jokes didn't land but the action scenes were okay and David Harbor fits the role well enough.

Though, the "Santa was a Viking" thing was pretty dumb.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got the 2022 Collage done. Don't know when I'll start up a ton of new fan-art pieces, but I'm working on Comic stuff and I did some sketches recently too during the Holidays. For these pieces, there's a bunch I really liked doing so I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of it too!

Finished the Ghost Rider game. I think it's a really cool 7/10. Some times that's the best type of game. Though there's a couple of Bike Levels that really suck. Started the Blade playthrough, he's much simpler to use, but still fun. Need a spiritual successor to this real bad. DMC/GOW with Blade and Ghost Rider is too raw of a concept. Played some Tekken 5. Not used to Jin being so slow in this one, or Savage Sword's old input.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, guys. End of the year.

View attachment 365848
View attachment 365849

Who did it better?
Tough call tbh. PLA was snappier and faster and defintiely better build for single player, but SV had better exploration and a better story (and writing and characters). I think PLA had the better soundtrack but SV also doesn't look like dog****.

If I had a choice, SV but it's the slimmest of margins here

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, I also got Mario 3D World, played a bit of it, going slow on it cause I'm trying to get all the collectables and junk before moving on.

Gonna need more games where you play as Luigi and Peach as well. Rosalina too, but I ain't unlock her yet obviously.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

View attachment 365848
View attachment 365849

Who did it better?
Guess I’m in the minority here, but I’m saying Scarlet and Violet. Having no issues( this is literally the only game on my switch that I have not had randomly crash at least once. Hope I don’t jynx it now lol), I think it beats legends. Not that I had gameplay issues in legends, but with no bugs, scarlet and violet become a pretty flawless game almost.

Better story, more diverse dex( kinda unfair given legends is set in an established region), really stand out characters,(legends still has a few), a lot of nice QOl changes, some of which are carried over, but some thet are out of left field. Huge world to explore, and plenty more. They are both fantastic games but totally different. In terms of s traditional progression from older titles, I think I like Scarlet and Violet more though.
We are Nintendo. You cannot beat us.

PLA

Though it should be noted, PLA is a 9/10 while ScaVio is an 8/10
Honestly that commercial is the perfect comparison lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guess I’m in the minority here, but I’m saying Scarlet and Violet. Having no issues( this is literally the only game on my switch that I have not had randomly crash at least once. Hope I don’t jynx it now lol), I think it beats legends. Not that I had gameplay issues in legends, but with no bugs, scarlet and violet become a pretty flawless game almost.

Better story, more diverse dex( kinda unfair given legends is set in an established region), really stand out characters,(legends still has a few), a lot of nice QOl changes, some of which are carried over, but some thet are out of left field. Huge world to explore, and plenty more. They are both fantastic games but totally different. In terms of s traditional progression from older titles, I think I like Scarlet and Violet more though.

Honestly that commercial is the perfect comparison lol.
I think your the first person that didn't mention a least a few bugs or crashes for Pokemon S/V. Haven't gotten it myself yet. But I'd be lying if I wasn't getting that itch, cause it's been like 5 years since I played a Pokemon title. Maybe when the DLC drops.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
After using it in a playthrough, I can now safely say that I am an Ursaluna stan

It was probably the least used of my team but I still love this goofy ahh beeg bear

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!
My 2022 year in review

-Tried and failed to get a job for the whole damn year.
-Spent my time writing fanfiction because I was bored.
-Started driving, still crap at it.
-On the day I was supposed to take my GED I woke up vomiting, been sick for weeks, so I still haven't done that.
-Mental health continues to disintegrate.

But I went on a date. With a girl.

So overall the year is a W
grindon.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
My 2022 year in review

-Tried and failed to get a job for the whole damn year.
-Spent my time writing fanfiction because I was bored.
-Started driving, still crap at it.
-On the day I was supposed to take my GED I woke up vomiting, been sick for weeks, so I still haven't done that.
-Mental health continues to disintegrate.

View attachment 365851
I wish I had time to write fanfiction this year, tbh.

I had a lot of drafts sitting around but school took up all my time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If you work on it a little at a time, you'll have something complete eventually.
That true.

I guess I had so many writing assignments that I didn't want to also write in my free time. But I'll try to be more productive in 2023, at least a bit.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

grindon.png
Funnily enough, that's the one goal I set myself that I didn't manage to achieve

Well that and making significant progress on writing but I am studying creative writing so that probably counts as progress

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

View attachment 365848
View attachment 365849

Who did it better?
This is actually such a tough call.

I'm probably going to put way more time into S/V because of VGC and traditional gameplay. But there's actually so much I like about Legends Arceus. I think the Hisui region was actually kind of more fun to explore then Scarlet/Violet because of the sense of danger from pokemon attacking you, and that it struck this great inbetween with linearity and non-linearity with its segmented world (although I think SV's laisses-faire level curve has its own chaotic charm).

And while I've trashed on the lows of SV's story the highs more then make up for it, but I like the overall tone of PLA better even if its story wasn't as good (and by not as good I mean it didn't have Arven or a sandwich lizard).

I guess that while I'm absolutely going to keep putting more and more time into Scarlet, PL:A still wins for me by a small margin. Scarlet has the combat gameplay I so love that will keep me coming back again and again, but PLA almost has a sort of magic to me as an experience.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Funnily enough, that's the one goal I set myself that I didn't manage to achieve

Well that and making significant progress on writing but I am studying creative writing so that probably counts as progress
If a moron like me could manage it, you'll do fine.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wanted to read more in 2022 and at least I managed to achieve that. I finished at least 30 books which I don't think I did since I started university.

(yes, I'm still procrastinating that top 10 books list)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If a moron like me could manage it, you'll do fine.
The idea of being in a relationship seemed like a fantasy to me until a few days ago, but that was before I realized that the girl I like might be taken

So I don't know about that

Noipoi

Howdy!
The idea of being in a relationship seemed like a fantasy to me until a few days ago, but that was before I realized that the girl I like might be taken

If she is, then that sucks. But it's not like she's the only chick in the world, my dude.

One of these days there will be another, and perhaps another, and maybe another after that. And eventually one of them will like you back :194:

It's really just a numbers game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That was me, sorry.

Are you the one that always put me on the wrong side of the tracks when Im sleeping? If do, stop please

It really really really would help if getting ***** wasnt some mens first goal in life

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If she is, then that sucks. But it's not like she's the only chick in the world, my dude.

One of these days there will be another, and perhaps another, and maybe another after that. And eventually one of them will like you back :194:

It's really just a numbers game.
I was about to ask if it's like finding shiny Pokémon but then thought back to the amount of shinies I found in the last couple days alone

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are you the one that always put me on the wrong side of the tracks when Im sleeping? If do, stop please
no
I was about to ask if it's like finding shiny Pokémon but then thought back to the amount of shinies I found in the last couple days alone
Shiny hunters when a woman actually reciprocates their advances (it was a 1/4069 chance)

4CF22361-007C-4FF0-B797-C9A9D501B49B.jpeg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think your the first person that didn't mention a least a few bugs or crashes for Pokemon S/V. Haven't gotten it myself yet. But I'd be lying if I wasn't getting that itch, cause it's been like 5 years since I played a Pokemon title. Maybe when the DLC drops.
Only thing that’s happened to me is background frame rate drops in like towns or the school cutscenes. It’s still something, but nothing that’s ruined my gameplay or really affected it.

It’s probably because I’m playing on an OLED but I have no idea. My cousins also got the game and OLED and has seemingly had no issues yet either.

it’s also been awhile since I’ve had any game crashes. We’ll sort of, last time was the After Altena level in splatoon 3. Crashed on the last segment which sucked but I did beat it not long after so it wasn’t the worst.
After using it in a playthrough, I can now safely say that I am an Ursaluna stan

It was probably the least used of my team but I still love this goofy ahh beeg bear
Ursaluna is one of the best new Pokémon imo. Such a great design, top tier shiny, and finally gives one of the most under appreciated pokemon a whole new purpose. I can’t wait till it’s available in scarlet and violet.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ursaluna is one of the best new Pokémon imo. Such a great design, top tier shiny, and finally gives one of the most under appreciated pokemon a whole new purpose. I can’t wait till it’s available in scarlet and violet.
Tbh I prefer Kleavor and Basculegion as far as new PLA mons go, but those are ones I expected to like.

Ursaluna is just a giant bear with the dopiest looking face and I kinda love that. It's pretty busted too, having a higher BST than all starter Pokémon

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom