• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Something quite cool worth to note is that for LEGO Dimensions they made a whole level pack inspired by Midway Arcade and their games.
It came alongside a Gamer Kid minifigure and two builds for a Defender arcade cabinet and the Spy Hunter car. And in the open world map unlocked by beating the level you could play I think over 25 classic Midway games+their version of Paperboy.
My first exposure to all these games and what made me such a fan in the first place. The many other collections and emulators in other places have certainly helped though! And what I wouldn't do for a big all encompassing master collection on Series X, PS5, Switch, and Steam.
A classic Midway character is one of my big wants for Multivesus. They have a lot of cool stuff
Honestly I think it has to go to Defender. I don't know HOW you do it. But it is their biggest classic hit. Followed by Spy Hunter, then someone from Rampage, someone from Gauntlet, the Ostrich Knight from Joust, Paperboy, and Tapper. In that order.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 364372
Do I have a tale for you
a tale of two kitties
And I walk in on Ken Penders' name being spoken. That there's a throwback I wasn't expecting today.

Many memories of flipping through the Sonic comic covers on Mega Collection Plus. Seeing what happened throughout the early days of that comic series was a ride.
…wait a ****ing minute…y’all mean this guy?
I only watched this vid once months ago, and totally forgot all about him and the things he did
6F66A9EF-E245-4150-B7CF-F0C60D23AFFA.jpeg
that and a something about him not being allowed to let Sally lose her special card…which makes complete sense
Sorry. The game was made back in the WWF days and has that name in it's title.
Don’t worry, you did nothing wrong. It was just a perfect excuse to remember their name change through clever ads.

that and it’s impressive how most won’t realize WWE games weren’t worked on by only THQ, Yukes, and 2K

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wanted to share something quite cool here after talking about a semi-related topic on a profile post. It's quite cool, ya'll may enjoy It.

Ya'll remember the volcano which hit my neighbour island of La Palma? Well, It also affected the water surrounding the fahana which formed from It, and experts were concerned about how It would affect sea life over there.
(Sorry for the logos on the images, took them from a Mediaset article)

Not sure if It is clearly shown on the images, but the sea life has had an amazing quick recovery ever since. According to the research I did, over 124 kinds of sea creatures have returned/been brought in to the places surrounding the fahana. And there's enough seaweeds to feed all the fishes and keep a balanced enviroment. Iirc there have been talks to make It a protected place too which would be quite awesome.

That is all, hopefully ya'll enjoyed It :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really liked the first trailer, looking forward to this one! Would be dope if we see Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong.
Well we are seeing peach for sure. Fair shot they give us DK if we are gonna to see Mario’s origin to getting to the mushroom kingdom. My guess is it’s gonna call back to Mario versus Donkey( the Arcade one).
If not, then the third trailer for sure will have them.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well we are seeing peach for sure. Fair shot they give us DK if we are gonna to see Mario’s origin to getting to the mushroom kingdom. My guess is it’s gonna call back to Mario versus Donkey( the Arcade one).
Yeah, I personally am betting that we may see how Mario got to the Mushroom Kingdom too.

And Who knows, maybe a certain 1-up Girl will appear during the flashback shots of the trailer.

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seth Rogan Kong approaches

It’s ****ing Mario!
Really liked the first trailer, looking forward to this one! Would be dope if we see Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong.
Oh boy, can't wait to see how Donkey Kong will be presented with Seth Rogan tomorrow.
DK…Donkey Kong

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something not important.

I remember the days I played Donkey Kong Country GBC version on the GBA as a kid. I was fine until Stop & Go Station. Could not advance further because of Stop barrel's timer and quit after a while.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As a reference to the end of famous Seth Rogan film Sausage Party, at the end if the Mario Movie, Rogen Kong decides to have a shroom party and everyone starts having shrooms. And uh... antics ensue.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly I think it has to go to Defender. I don't know HOW you do it. But it is their biggest classic hit. Followed by Spy Hunter, then someone from Rampage, someone from Gauntlet, the Ostrich Knight from Joust, Paperboy, and Tapper. In that order.
Considering how Gandalf is currently in copyright hell, I could see them flipping his assets to make the Wizard from Gauntlet as a fighter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top Bottom