• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Interesting....
That's nice but December has David Harbor as Santa.

Violent Night aka Die Hard but with Santa.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

I quite liked the movie and enjoyed the messages It has, although I can't stop myself from thinking about certain stuff but we'll get to that with calm.

Letitia Wright does a really good role. I feel she really earns the Black Panther mantle throught the movie and her road is really powerful and left me breathless throught the whole movie.
The whole conflict involving the search of Power and conquer is fascinating, and I feel that both the Vibranium conflict and Namor's routes of his hatred towards the people from above interconnect quite naturally. Riri Williams also was quite cool, and I feel this was a really good introduction for her.

The action scenes are really good, some of the best from Phase 4, the music as with the first movie is powerful and intense and I still love It. Seeing Killmonger return through the mystical realm was really nice since as some of you may know he is my favourite MCU villain besides Mysterio, but even then he also felt like a natural inclusion which helped Shuri evolve and improve as a character.

I have to agree with TheMightyP TheMightyP doh, the scenes of the USA/CIA agent were kinda lame and everytime he appeared on screen I was like "man, can we get back to Wakanda and Talocan? These scenes aren't for me".

And now... I do wanna talk about Namor and how he was adapted.
For those who aren't as inversed on comic book stuff, the quick summary is that Namor in the comics is a mutant Who rules Atlantis and hates humankind for polluting the oceans. He has a nemesis on Attuma Who always wants to take any chance to take over the throne and become king of Atlantis.
In The movie, we see a Namor Who rules the kingdom of Talocan (inspired heavily on South American culture) who dislikes the people from above for their wars and their colonizations from the past. All with Attuma being shown as one of the higher in command of his army alongside Namora.
Honestly... I don't hate this change. I feel there's a lot of interesting conversations about comic book adaptations and how they handle the source material to be had with this situation, but It does feel natural for the story. And imo makes the character feel richer in details and depth. While I'm not a huge Tenoch Huerta fan for personal reasons, I feel that he does a really good job with this new version of the character, and his acting really makes for a chilling performance. Wish they did more with Attuma doh.
Maybe one day I will make a separate post diving more into this whole topic, as I feel something interesting could be brought out from this.

But yeah, overall I really loved the movie. It Will likely take the place of Multiverse Of Madness in my list of best movies of 2022 and I feel It is the best production of Phase 4 alongside Werewolf By Night. Ya'll should watch It.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I quite liked the movie and enjoyed the messages It has, although I can't stop myself from thinking about certain stuff but we'll get to that with calm.

Letitia Wright does a really good role. I feel she really earns the Black Panther mantle throught the movie and her road is really powerful and left me breathless throught the whole movie.
The whole conflict involving the search of Power and conquer is fascinating, and I feel that both the Vibranium conflict and Namor's routes of his hatred towards the people from above interconnect quite naturally. Riri Williams also was quite cool, and I feel this was a really good introduction for her.

The action scenes are really good, some of the best from Phase 4, the music as with the first movie is powerful and intense and I still love It. Seeing Killmonger return through the mystical realm was really nice since as some of you may know he is my favourite MCU villain besides Mysterio, but even then he also felt like a natural inclusion which helped Shuri evolve and improve as a character.

I have to agree with TheMightyP TheMightyP doh, the scenes of the USA/CIA agent were kinda lame and everytime he appeared on screen I was like "man, can we get back to Wakanda and Talocan? These scenes aren't for me".

And now... I do wanna talk about Namor and how he was adapted.
For those who aren't as inversed on comic book stuff, the quick summary is that Namor in the comics is a mutant Who rules Atlantis and hates humankind for polluting the oceans. He has a nemesis on Attuma Who always wants to take any chance to take over the throne and become king of Atlantis.
In The movie, we see a Namor Who rules the kingdom of Talocan (inspired heavily on South American culture) who dislikes the people from above for their wars and their colonizations from the past. All with Attuma being shown as one of the higher in command of his army alongside Namora.
Honestly... I don't hate this change. I feel there's a lot of interesting conversations about comic book adaptations and how they handle the source material to be had with this situation, but It does feel natural for the story. And imo makes the character feel richer in details and depth. While I'm not a huge Tenoch Huerta fan for personal reasons, I feel that he does a really good job with this new version of the character, and his acting really makes for a chilling performance. Wish they did more with Attuma doh.
Maybe one day I will make a separate post diving more into this whole topic, as I feel something interesting could be brought out from this.

But yeah, overall I really loved the movie. It Will likely take the place of Multiverse Of Madness in my list of best movies of 2022 and I feel It is the best production of Phase 4 alongside Werewolf By Night. Ya'll should watch It.
it also made people hate Val even more than they already were…and she’s only been in 3 projects total so far

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Currently only missing 35 Pokemon from my HOME Nat Dex, those being:
Kanto: Mew
Johto: Igglybuff, Hoppip, Wobbuffet, Pineco, Delibird, Smoochum
Hoenn: Grovyle, Combusken, Marshtomp, Cacnea, Lileep, Wynaut, Clamperl
Unova: Purrloin, Drilbur, Klink, Klang
Kalos: Quilladin, Pangoro, Binacle, Skrelp, Diancie, Hoopa
Alola: Mudsdale, Dewpider, Lurantis, Morellul, Dhelmise, Marshadow, Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Zeraora
Galar: Zarude

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why do I always forget Persona 5 is a bit of a thirst bait?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A part of me wonders how it would've been if Unova made for the Switch instead of the DS.

I say that because New York is ****ing massive and got hella diversity with locations and an open area game like PLA or ScarVio would be super interesting with the NY inspired region.

Oh and Jersey too. Yeah Unova also had Jersey.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sharena talking is so weird…but now they need to continue off of that Book 4 cliffhanger that overshadowed the entire book

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 364348

This senseless violence needs to end
B-but where is Tinkaton supposed to get metal for their hammers if not Corviknight armor?

Cufant? Bronzor? Magnemite? Klefki? Forretress? Scizor? Varoom? All those future paradoxes that are robots?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So uhhh

The second Koraidon/Miraidon is the one that killed the professor right?

And you can catch it?

You can battle and train and feed yummy sandwiches to a canonical murderer??
I just traded mine for a probably also murderous Koraidon
Greininja is so popular they said, why just put one in the game, when we could put two!
Finally

I mean I'm still not playing a gacha game but it's nice to know my favorite Pokémon is finally in the game

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Good luck soldier
Sometimes our bravest soldiers are the ones who chose not to fight

In other words if you or someone you know listens to Mariah Careys Christmas song in any context they may need to visit MCAA otherwise known as Mariah’s Christmastime alchoholics anonymous, why is alchohol still involved, because you would wouldn’t you if you listen to Mariah Carey’s Christmas song

Top Bottom