• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Did not sleep for a second tonight

I got hallucinations that seem like they were supposed to trick me into thinking I'm asleep but not once did I actually lose consciousness. I know this because I felt the mosquito bites in every corner of my body including my face

And I have college in 7 hours I hate this

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda funny how Breeding in Scar/Vio almost seems obsolete.

Bottlecaps are readily available

Ability Patches and Capsules exist

Nature Mints are abundant

You can get egg moves in Picnic without eggs

Shiny hunting is easier via Picnic overworld strats

Aside from passing down specific Pokeballs... why would you even breed anymore?

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is actually a game about the pointlessness of eugenics

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Trying to complete my HOME dex rn, currently at 815/905 total mons obtainable in HOME rn. Whilst I own most of these on my 3DS, I can't send too many things up right now thanks to lack of Bank on my end. Outside of alternate forms, I'm currently missing
Kanto: Mew
Johto: Croconaw, Igglybuff, Hoppip, Wobbuffet, Pineco, Forretress, Delibird, Houndoom, Smoochum
Hoenn: Grovyle, Combusken, Marshtomp, Poochyena, Lombre, Taillow, Swellow, Slaking, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Cacnea, Altaria, Lileep, Kecleon, Wynaut, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth
Sinnoh: Complete
Unova: Herdier, Purrloin, Drilbur, Throh, Whirlipede, Krokorok, Cofagrigus, Duosion, Emolga, Amoonguss, Klink, Klang, Beheeyem, Cubchoo
Kalos: Quilladin, Braixen, Delphox, Frogadier, Greninja, Talonflame, Litleo, Pyroar, Floette, Florges, Meowstic, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Malamar, Binacle, Skrelp, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Gourgeist, Diancie, Hoopa
Alola: Torracat, Grubbin, Lycanroc, Mudbray, Mudsdale, Dewpider, Lurantis, Morelull, Tsareena, Comfey, Oranguru, Passimian, Palossand, Silvally, Dhelmise, Hakamo-o, Marshadow, Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Stakataka, Zeraora
Galar: Regieleki, Zarude
A lot of these are relatively easy to obtain in Sword if I can get their locations right, but a lot of these are slightly annoying to trade for. I do ask though that if anybody can touch trade me Mew, Diancie, Hoopa, Marshadow, the USUM Ultra Beasts, Zeraora, or Zarude, I'd greatly appreciate it, as those are my biggest roadblocks for completion right now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Pokedex completion, getting more of Pokemon you can't catch, getting Pokemon like three-segment Dudunspace quickly, producing Pokemon to trade, probably some more reasons I'm too tired to think of.

Shroob

Sup?
Pokedex completion, getting more of Pokemon you can't catch, getting Pokemon like three-segment Dudunspace quickly, producing Pokemon to trade, probably some more reasons I'm too tired to think of.
Really, starter breeding feels like one of the only valid reasons tbh, maybe dex completion too but, seems like everyone's filling the Paldea dex in record time.

Maushold and Dudun's special forms are 1/100 odds, so while doable, it's not really something you can reliably farm, especially since you'd have to put in effort to level them up, unlike say, shiny farming.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m hearing some MHA issues have been occurring animation wise for this current season. Stuff like certain key moments being reduced to mere frames, while other moments aren’t animated as well.

still by far better than the MVA treatment the anime gave

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I guess, but Masuda is still good. Technically higher odds and if you don’t do post game stuff, you won’t know about the recipes for shiny hunting. Or people may not enjoy the annoying aspect of constantly setting up and taking down the picnic.

Plus some of the rarer Pokémon barely spawn in outbreaks or you may not get that Pokémon, so I guess it still has use that way. Like right now I’m breeding Dondozo, a rare pokeMon and I don’t have the post game yet( even though I could have done it, but I wanted this shiny) so Masuda method for its shiny is easy enough compared to those options.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Really, starter breeding feels like one of the only valid reasons tbh, maybe dex completion too but, seems like everyone's filling the Paldea dex in record time.

Maushold and Dudun's special forms are 1/100 odds, so while doable, it's not really something you can reliably farm, especially since you'd have to put in effort to level them up, unlike say, shiny farming.
Hyper drill is an egg move, so with egg power you can breed loads of Dunsparce and evolve them all super quick.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

My dudunsparce is special enough being who he is, living his life how he wants to hes beautiful, perfect, and two segmented and there’s nothing wrong with that you body shaming 1 segmented *******

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair, the game hands out a fair amount and constant feed of exp candies. So that would make it a lot easier to level up Pokémon and evolve them for their special forms.

Also the false dragon has 3 different shiny colors. That’s pretty hard to deal with in the wild. So if you wanted a specific one, breeding would be your best option.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tried my hand in making a starter tier-list.

1669539695374.png

I wasn't eexpecting to rate most of them so high but I guess there aren't any that I outright dislike. Still, I prefer the cuter, unevolved versions in most of them, even in Blaziken.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I usually pick water starters but just know that I believe
  • Gen 1, 3, 4 and 7 have 0 bad starters and evos
  • 2, 5, 6 and 9 (don't say it) have 2 good but a mid/bad in the mix.
  • 8 was good starters but just ass evos
I'm curious, which of the Gen 9 starters do you think is mid/bad? I can guess the others fairly easily but not that one

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was looking for random raids to join when I found a 6 star raid Ditto. Now for those unaware, a 6 star raid guarantees 5 BEST IVs. So these raids are essential if you plan to breed up competitive Pokemon. Anyways, I finally found one after so long, only for the guy who's hosting it use his Koraidon. So yeah we lost that.
Edit: It costed me, but I got myself a Japanese 6IV ditto!

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Did not sleep for a second tonight

I got hallucinations that seem like they were supposed to trick me into thinking I'm asleep but not once did I actually lose consciousness. I know this because I felt the mosquito bites in every corner of my body including my face

And I have college in 7 hours I hate this
My prose skills seem to have invaded my Smashboards posts

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I ****ING HATE 5 STAR RAIDS SO MUCH ALL I WANT IS A SWEET HERBA MYSTICA FOR THAT SINGLE ****ING SIDEQUEST OR AN ABILITY PATCH TO EXPLOIT THE DUPLICATION GLITCH WITH BUT THEY NEVER SPAWN EVEN AFTER ME HAVING TO ENDURE SOME MEAN ASS MOVESETS AND BULL**** LIKE 3 TURNS OF SLEEPING WHEN HIT BY SING AND THE AI REFUSES TO CHEER OR TERA MAKING ME DO ALL THE ****ING WORK AAAAAAAAAA
IMG_20221127_152609.jpg

Ahem

Solo raids are pretty unpleasant, please get some friends to exploit that Purrserker strategy I heard much about

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Late to the party but I would like to say welcome back @Jotadé.

Anyways some box office updates.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever made past the $600 million mark worldwide.

Whilst on the other hand, Disney's latest animated feature Strange Worlds is not doing too well at the moment as it opens less than Encanto's numbers.

I think the main reason to why Strange Worlds is performing poorly is due to the film's lack of marketing and promotion that may had impacted its box office performance.

I will say that Disney are usually spot on with their marketing, but ever since former CEO Chapek took over, it seemed to had dwindled. But now that Chapek is gone, I do hope that Bob Iger's return can help put them back on track and fix his missteps.

Top Bottom