• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. I made a lineup for my Ideal Midway Arcade Collection.

All games are linked so you can learn more about them. Underlined games have never been in a Midway Collection before. Bolded games are based off of third party licenses which may be difficult to procure. Except for Batman and Road Runner because those are WB properties and Midway is owned by WB Games so those should be easy. But the rest would require cooperation. Maybe offering them as bonus purchases?
Midway Arcade Collection

I could see them offering the games in bundles the way Capcom did it with Arcade Stadium. Or they could just do one big rom dump for $60. Either way. This is the list.

Also note: I've checked, and all of these games are emulateable via the popular MAME Arcade emulator. Even the handful of unreleased games at the bottom. That was one of my criteria.

Edit: If possible it would be great to get Atari's version of Tetris here too since that technically falls under Midway now, but I can see why they might not want too.

Also certain older collections have Moon Patrol and Burger Time on them, but those games were just temporary distribution deals Midway and Williams had with Irem and Data East respectively. Midway unfortunately does not count those two among their lineup. Wanted to clear that up.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly I don’t know if I’ll get over Pratt as Mario now that I made Stanley Tucci my ideal casting choice for him.

Literally the only major change I would’ve wanted, everything else is shaping up pretty nicely so far and I am excited to see the new trailer tomorrow.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright. I made a lineup for my Ideal Midway Arcade Collection.

All games are linked so you can learn more about them. Underlined games have never been in a Midway Collection before. Bolded games are based off of third party licenses which may be difficult to procure. Except for Batman and Road Runner because those are WB properties and Midway is owned by WB Games so those should be easy. But the rest would require cooperation. Maybe offering them as bonus purchases?
Midway Arcade Collection

I could see them offering the games in bundles the way Capcom did it with Arcade Stadium. Or they could just do one big rom dump for $60. Either way. This is the list.

Also note: I've checked, and all of these games are emulateable via the popular MAME Arcade emulator. Even the handful of unreleased games at the bottom. That was one of my criteria.

Edit: If possible it would be great to get Atari's version of Tetris here too since that technically falls under Midway now, but I can see why they might not want too.

Also certain older collections have Moon Patrol and Burger Time on them, but those games were just temporary distribution deals Midway and Williams had with Irem and Data East respectively. Midway unfortunately does not count those two among their lineup. Wanted to clear that up.
After playing with the Atari 50 collection, I now want other collections to follow similar routes of having behind the scenes stuff while also providing a great game selection.
This right here is a great game selection. Only game that isn't 3rd Party I could see potential trouble with is Blasteroids due to it being Asteroids 4 in all but name. But it was in Lego Dimensions so it should be safe.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe Maria Canals-Barrera or Angie Cepeda?
Imma nominate Eva Longoria as well just cause
Bowser is such an absolute unit.

Big dragon turtle man.
Jack Bowser was not gonna accept being smol
Ken Pender killed Sonic the Hegdehog.
Sonic casually dying many deaths
On the topic of Ken Penders, I discovered earlier today that I share a birthday with Ken Penders. Of all the people-
at least you weren’t born as him

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
After playing with the Atari 50 collection, I now want other collections to follow similar routes of having behind the scenes stuff while also providing a great game selection.
This right here is a great game selection. Only game that isn't 3rd Party I could see potential trouble with is Blasteroids due to it being Asteroids 4 in all but name. But it was in Lego Dimensions so it should be safe.
That’s why I’m pretty sure it’s safe. It being in Lego Dimensions. Off the Wall is also an update of Breakout but it’s also different enough that I think it’s safe. If Blasteroids is fine, Off the Wall should be fine too.

And yeah, I’d love to have a tone of behind the scenes interviews and pictures of the Arcade Cabinets and Marquees.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Winnie the Pooh, Grinch, Peter Pan, Bambi.

Is this a new trend? Childhood favorites being turned into serial killers?

In nearly a century, we'll see the same happening to Spongebob.
This definitely stands out from every Grinch adaptation that's mostly family friendly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grinch in this movie dies of something about his heart.
(Some device that when pierced through an organ like a heart, it expands it so greatly by 3 times size or something that the beast literally dies from a heart attack or said heart of his somehow explodes)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just found out that a version of NBA Jam was developed for the personal use of Micheal Jordan and Gary Payton that had those two men in it. Oh man it would be a huge get for the Midway collection if a deal could be struck with Mr. Jordan and Mr. Payton and that could be the version included. A version of NBA Jam with MICHEAL ****ING JORDAN in it! That’s HUGE!

Shroob

Sup?
I just found out that a version of NBA Jam was developed for the personal use of Micheal Jordan and Gary Payton that had those two men in it. Oh man it would be a huge get for the Midway collection if a deal could be struck with Mr. Jordan and Mr. Payton and that could be the version included. A version of NBA Jam with MICHEAL ****ING JORDAN in it! That’s HUGE!
Snake wants to slam

But does she know how to jam?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This week's AMA subject shall be...
If they're available, I'll try to get it up sometime tomorrow

On a sidenote, sorry for the absence of AMAs, I wanted to give myself a bit of a breather there. Though more on the future of the AMAs here shortly.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we’re totally going to destroy this thread with Mario talk

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2 titans, 2 gyms, and 2 bases down.
Lowkey wondered how GF balamced the game, I get that there's no level scaling but I was way overleveled for the grass gym, way overleveled for Klawf, but at the right level for Mela who's in the same area. Meanwhile I think they want you to do the bug gym first and I was way underleveled for that

Shroob

Sup?
2 titans, 2 gyms, and 2 bases down.
Lowkey wondered how GF balamced the game, I get that there's no level scaling but I was way overleveled for the grass gym, way overleveled for Klawf, but at the right level for Mela who's in the same area. Meanwhile I think they want you to do the bug gym first and I was way underleveled for that
There's a map that has approriate level scaling out there.

For whatever reason, the level curve is all over the place and super unintuitive tbh. You basically have to constantly swap between both halves of the map.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There's a map that has approriate level scaling out there.

For whatever reason, the level curve is all over the place and super unintuitive tbh. You basically have to constantly swap between both halves of the map.
You're telling me, the ckosest gym to the bug type was the psychic and that area is just swarming with level 30+s for some reason

Top Bottom