• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't want to get this argument any longer but just my opinion about it

I'm gay and I actually like that the game doesn't go and say "yeah, Kanji is gay". He's all but said to be bi anyway and while a concrete confirmation would be cool, it's not all that weird for a game made in Japan during the 2000s.
I played P4 during a time when I was trying to compensate for liking guys by trying to be overly masculine so it felt incredibly freeing for the narrative to clearly put a boundary between Kanji's sexuality and gender presentation. Yes, it's by no means perfect but I feel like some western players ignore what a big deal for an Asian story to claim that a character doesn't need to be gay just because his interests are traditionally feminine.
Some parts like the camping scene could be handled much better but the core of Kanji's character is fine, imo. His character works regardless of who he's attracted to but he's by no means straight.
as a sometimes oblivious autistic black man who has only seen the P4 anime once and have yet to play the game (waiting for the Switch version to drop), I thought he was just into tomgirls
I mean it's BiS first, the best Mario RPG ever made
you won’t be thinking that once that Waluigi Taco Stand game releases one day in one of the timelines and multiverses

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ash wakes up from his coma and the Ash that lived in the real world in the Marshadow movie takes his place and attends school instead.
One of these days I need to watch some of the new Pokemon movies. I've good things about The Power of Us at least. I like that this frees up the regular anime to use Legendary Pokemon more but I can't say that I miss the old hype train and awesome teaser trailers.

The lack of May in this show legit made me upset, she's my favorite.
pokemon-may-falling-down-o.gif

Same. I still think she's the best written of the traveling companions, or at least had the most complete journey. Was really weird how they half-referenced her in the Serena episode and that she didn't get a background cameo during the battle against Steven unlike the rest of the Advanced era cast.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
One of these days I need to watch some of the new Pokemon movies. I've good things about The Power of Us at least. I like that this frees up the regular anime to use Legendary Pokemon more but I can't say that I miss the old hype train and awesome teaser trailers.

View attachment 361713

Same. I still think she's the best written of the traveling companions, or at least had the most complete journey. Was really weird how they half-referenced her in the Serena episode and that she didn't get a background cameo during the battle against Steven unlike the rest of the Advanced era cast.
Dawn and Iris got multiple episodes, Serena got a couple cameos and i'm pretty sure Misty showed up too.

Being a gen 3 fan is pain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If that were the case, Kanji would of fallen hard for Chie
no offense to Chie, cause she’s cool…but isn’t she inferior to Naoto (can’t say if it applies with Rise and Yukiko as well)? That assumption, mixed with the “mystery” she had…and Persona Twitter…makes me think that’s supposed to be the case

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
no offense to Chie, cause she’s cool…but isn’t she inferior to Naoto (can’t say if it applies with Rise and Yukiko as well)? That assumption, mixed with the “mystery” she had…and Persona Twitter…makes me think that’s supposed to be the case
Oh. Naoto is the more popular girl but there are plenty of Chie fans

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just felt like i had a key turn in my head when i was reminded of the existence of this show.

I dont even think the show was good or anything but these characters have been lingering in the back of my mind for literal decades and i could not remember what the show was called and it was bothering the hell out of me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh. Naoto is the more popular girl but there are plenty of Chie fans
She has fans? I can’t believe Twitter would lie to me about Persona characters

but I will say she definitely gives off sister vibes around the characters (or at least a cousin who will accidentally kill)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is the same man selling kids his baby photos and other personal items, so the entire dream fanbase is a sick thing tbh. I will never understand or like Dream and his fanbase.
geez I didn't know that.

and curse my curiosity because I googled it and it was even creepier than I thought .__. I mean, sharing his baby photos online is fine I guess (although it still feels strange to do for a bunch of strangers idk), but selling them as well as his childhood emails and other stuff in some USB wristband? 🤨

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
geez I didn't know that.

and curse my curiosity because I googled it and it was even creepier than I thought .__. I mean, sharing his baby photos online is fine I guess (although it still feels strange to do for a bunch of strangers idk), but selling them as well as his childhood emails and other stuff in some USB wristband? 🤨
Yeah it’s honestly pretty creepy. Ngl his face reveal gives me some creeps to. But they
May just be because so many other Minecraft YouTubers were total creep shows

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I stare

also it’s crazy how much of a reaction can be caused by a face reveal

Last edited: