• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Just want to say again, as unnecessary as it may be, I apologize for that one post I made on the last page. I may be socially awkward in some areas, but I never aim to hurt anyone. I am actually a very nice person who is unfamiliar with some things. I did not mean to offend anyone or say something bad. I will try my best to improve from what I did a page ago.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have been collecting all the known merchandise for the Mario movie but I don't know I should share it here before or after the teaser trailer (will put them in spoiler tag either way)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just want to say again, as unnecessary as it may be, I apologize for that one post I made on the last page. I may be socially awkward in some areas, but I never aim to hurt anyone. I am actually a very nice person who is unfamiliar with some things. I did not mean to offend anyone or say something bad. I will try my best to improve from what I did a page ago.
I get it, it's easy to come across differently than you intended online so, it's OK.

But you may want to steer clear from making generalizing people like that because you have a tendency to do an unfavorable result.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I get it, it's easy to come across differently than you intended online so, it's OK.

But you may want to steer clear from making generalizing people like that because you have a tendency to do an unfavorable result.
Good tip. Thanks. I shall try to keep that in mind.

So, just talking about just one person (not others, as I intend) still count as generalizing?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good tip. Thanks. I shall try to keep that in mind.

So, just talking about just one person (not others, as I intend) still count as generalizing?
Not exactly maybe, but you're taking a part of a person that applies to a lot of people and then using it as a reasoning for their actions without a concrete correlation.

That feels like generalizing based on stereotypical behavior to me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Probably best to drop whatever movie conversation was going on there. If you're looking to argue about politics, "wokeness," or the impact of the MCU on modern film, that seems more in line with the Debate Hall.

The prophecy has been fulfilled! Osby must be the chosen one!
Brb gonna use the debate hall to talk about why Ant Man 2 has one of the best villains in the MCU and post movie reviews of whatever I saw that week

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm a very complicated individual but sometimes I do wonder and think if I have indeed fallen victim to the toxicity of those film critics...

Whether or not if that's the case, I really need to lighten up more. I don't know what goes over me sometimes.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok but real talk?

The Mario Movie is for kids. Kids love effortless funny stuff. We will see some juvinile humor because kids love that. When you realize that, you'll enjoy a lot more things
Hell, both sonic movies had flossing and adults ate the movies up

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not exactly maybe, but you're taking a part of a person that applies to a lot of people and then using it as a reasoning for their actions without a concrete correlation.

That feels like generalizing based on stereotypical behavior to me.
Honestly, I wasn't trying to put it as THE reason. Maybe a reason, but believe me; I know there are plenty of other reasons why his case could be that way. I should have thought of that more.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm a very complicated individual but sometimes I do wonder and think if I have indeed fallen victim to the toxicity of those film critics...

Whether or not if that's the case, I really need to lighten up more. I don't know what goes over me sometimes.
It happens sometimes

I can recite all the reasons why Rey is a mary-sue and why the Star Wars sequels all suck from memory because of binge watching video essays about them for days because I had nothing better to do and thought "huh, these guys have a point"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point, I honestly just don't know what to do and I don't blame any of you for all these assumptions you have for me especially Cutie Gwen.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I recommend taking a break from social media and reassessing your values. Take time to self reflect
One thing I value are definitely my dogs, in fact I'm more of a dog person then a people person. Not to say I don't hate people because I don't, it's just guess I've always been that way, especially more emotional towards them. Especially since unlike a person, a dog is always loyal and will never turn its back on you.

Recently decided to sign up in volunteering at an animal shelter as a means of getting out more, just waiting for them to respond back.

I also value the fandoms I'm part of. Kaiju genre (Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong) and The Angry Beavers being the most notable out of all these.

And of course I value my family. Who in this world wouldn't? They raised you from birth and that's more then a good enough reason to do so. They're the world to you.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Uh ooohh the pokemon anime.is in troublee
I wouldn't be upset or anything if the anime ended. The current season has Ash battling the supposed best trainer of all time. Seems like a good place to stop. You'd have to wonder what they'd even do for the Gen 9 anime after this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys are right however. I keep bringing this stuff up over and over again and it is getting rather tiring, even for me.

I'll try to improve, I might still falter as everyone is human, but more the reason to pick up the pieces and try again and just keep going.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You guys are right however. I keep bringing this stuff up over and over again and it is getting rather tiring, even for me.

I'll try to improve, I might still falter as everyone is human, but more the reason to pick up the pieces and try again and just keep going.
Do your best to improve. Try not to listen to film critics, do some fact checking, and more importantly, try to be yourself and develop your own opinion. Also, try to avoid those on social media who may respond to the people you link to and may act with bad behavior.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do your best to improve. Try not to listen to film critics, do some fact checking, and more importantly, try to be yourself and develop your own opinion. Also, try to avoid those on social media who may respond to the people you link to and may act with bad behavior.
Well I'll make a notable case with Godzilla vs. Kong.

A flawed film but nevertheless still fun film.

Enjoyed the Kong side of the story, not so much with the Godzilla side, most of the human characters suck, attempts at humor isn't good, loved Kong's character arc, best moments is when Godzilla and Kong are on screen especially their fights on the sea and Hong Kong, liked the hollow earth although I feel that should've been saved for Kong 2, the team-up at the end which I didn't oppose to happening but should had been saved for later film when Godzilla and Kong met again, Mechagodzilla should've been saved for Godzilla 3 and instead of Mechagodzilla should be Mecha-King Ghidorah.

And I honestly admit reason for mostly liking the film is due to heavy bias being a kaiju fan.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uh ooohh the pokemon anime.is in troublee
I kinda doubt this considering they are already teasing the reveal of the Gen 9 anime in like two weeks. Alongside the fact it still does numbers in the USA and Japan. I don’t see Pokémon ever let the anime go away.
NO WAY GUYS DREAM FACE TIMED ME
View attachment 361689

seriously I do not care stop reccomending it to me Twitter
I saw one of these yesterday and it was the exact type of stupid thing I expected when Dream was teasing a face reaver a few days ago.

His rabbid fanbase needs to realize he will never show his face publicly.

It’s to much apart of his identity and people will lose interest if he does. On top of the fact he’s pissed to many people off that he won’t risk thet either.

It’s just a cheap marketing attempt because he’s fallen off the map lately.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Judging by all of the official social media accounts and retailer websites listing merchandise, it looks like the official title of the movie will be "Super Mario Movie"

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I am not familiar with those. What are those about?
6teen is a show about six teenagers spending their daily routine after school in a giant mall. It has a wide cast of characters, you're bound to find someone you relate to. It's a very chill slice-of-life show, and it's my favorite cartoon ever if I'm being honest. It's got a lot of fun, relatable situations and super likable characters (I mean you see my PFP)

Detentionaire is kinda like Gravity Falls for teenagers with less violence. A kid in high school gets framed for a MASSIVE prank and gets one full year of detention for it. He starts escaping detention to figure out who truly pulled the prank, and it slowly turns into him following the threads of a big conspiracy that threatens the world itself.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Brb gonna use the debate hall to talk about why Ant Man 2 has one of the best villains in the MCU and post movie reviews of whatever I saw that week
I mean you can, but that will probably result in spam warnings. If you want to post actual movie reviews, and not just argue about politics/political motives in movies, that can still stay in that social thread. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

To be honest though, I do think Ant Man 2 is underrated. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok but real talk?

The Mario Movie is for kids. Kids love effortless funny stuff. We will see some juvinile humor because kids love that. When you realize that, you'll enjoy a lot more things
I honestly think they are going to lean away from if not all the common juvenile tropes.

Mainly because I don’t see that being Miyamoto’s style, and also because they probably realize you can make great content without treating the audience like they are babies.

This is something Dan and Swampy talked about as their vision for Phineas and Ferb, and I think that franchise become so successful impart because the jokes we’re smart and funny for all ages.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean you can, but that will probably result in spam warnings. If you want to post actual movie reviews, and not just argue about politics/political motives in movies, that can still stay in that social thread. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

That's weird, that implies there's moderation in the debate hall when I'm pretty sure that the last I saw it genocide was deemed acceptable
WHY ARE DREAM STANS POSTING FEET PICS FOR HIM EUGH-
Why do these children have unrestricted internet access

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally found Ant-Man and the Wasp pretty forgettable. Not a bad film nor did I hate it, for me, it just had that feeling coming and then went.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ghost is low key the most interesting member of the thunderbolts. The rest are fine characters, but we’ve seen most of them interact already and they fight to similar. But Ghost getting to do more is pretty cool.

Reactions: ---

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's weird, that implies there's moderation in the debate hall when I'm pretty sure that the last I saw it genocide was deemed acceptable

Why do these children have unrestricted internet access
This is the same man selling kids his baby photos and other personal items, so the entire dream fanbase is a sick thing tbh. I will never understand or like Dream and his fanbase.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is the same man selling kids his baby photos and other personal items, so the entire dream fanbase is a sick thing tbh. I will never understand or like Dream and his fanbase.
I just don’t get why people got so obsessed with him.

He’s a YouTuber with a fanbase, that makes sense.

He’s a bland as white bread YouTuber with scores of teenage girls who swear he’s the sexiest UwU twink and they get physically depressed when anyone insults him. That’s what I don’t get.

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby after seeing another person who lacks reading comprehension start up **** about Persona 4, can I say that gatekeeping is a thing we should do to keep new persona players, mostly Persona 5 fans, away from Persona 4
I'm always up for gatekeeping my favorite series but people have been arguing about the same three (3) topics ever since P4 was released overseas and I don't see that ever changing, tbh. :drsad:

Top Bottom