• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm always up for gatekeeping my favorite series but people have been arguing about the same three (3) topics ever since P4 was released overseas and I don't see that ever changing, tbh. :drsad:
What's even worse is the person that kick started it was that Penny Parker person. You would think they would have more common sense to actually play through in get the context behind kanji's Arc but no they dropped it all because they were only listening to their followers on Twitter that were telling them "it only gets worse" when it actaully gets better

What's even funnier is that they said they were going to wait for Persona 5's re-release when I'm pretty sure Persona 5 had similar problems but they never got better. Only good thing that came out from this crap were the posts ragging on the person

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Being a fan of the Nitro Squad in particular is absolute pain cuz I can't look up art of them without getting buried in melons and human feet...

As I start work on conceptualizing ideas for a Nitro Squad cartoon (which is a thing that I am doing by the way), I'm still trying to work out art style ideas. My best bet is on an Owl House-esque style, but with marsupials instead of witches. I'd go seek out artists for Cash Banooca characters, but again...
My browser history does NOT need that stuff in it

(also Ami x Crunch is a trending ship for some of these artists and I'm sorry, it ain't for me)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic Frontiers players speedrunning the demos at these events to try and get post-game spoilers out there

Like, really, are Sonic fans okay???

osby

Smash Obsessed
What's even worse is the person that kick started it was that Penny Parker person. You would think they would have more common sense to actually play through in get the context behind kanji's Arc but no they dropped it all because they were only listening to their followers on Twitter that were telling them "it only gets worse" when it actaully gets better

What's even funnier is that they said they were going to wait for Persona 5's re-release when I'm pretty sure Persona 5 had similar problems but they never got better
I wouldn't blame anyone for being put out by Persona 4, the game has some unfortunate implications but yeah, I'd rather play the game and form my own opinions about it, tbh. You need to read between the dialogue to really get some characters' deal in Persona games, taking everything at face value gives off the wrong impression on a lot of things and the P4 cast in particular gets hits hard by "fans can't read".

P5 had a recurring icky joke but Royal's localization removed it so it's probably more palatable for some.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

What's even funnier is that they said they were going to wait for Persona 5's re-release when I'm pretty sure Persona 5 had similar problems but they never got better. Only good thing that came out from this crap were the posts ragging on the person
People have the right to be uncomfortable with Kanji and Naoto's arcs, I personally don't think they were handled properly IMO. and I like Persona 4.

I am just one cis bi dude so I obviously do not represent everyone.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonic Frontiers players speedrunning the demos at these events to try and get post-game spoilers out there

They heard "this game allows you to go at your own speed" and took it a bit too seriously.

Noipoi

Howdy!

They’re trying to see absolutely everything the game has to offer so they can prove it’s bad actually

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
People have the right to be uncomfortable with Kanji and Naoto's arcs, I personally don't think they were handled properly IMO. and I like Persona 4.

I am just one cis bi dude so I obviously do not represent everyone.
See, the thing is, the main thing people get on Kanji and Naoto bout is 100% not what their arcs about
kanjis is about him coming to terms that he can like cute things and still be straight(ish) and the only reason he is thinking the way he is thinking is because people in the game associate liking cute things with being feminine so it got nailed into his head that maybe he is gay when he really isn't in just like cute little bunnies. And Naotos is all about misogyny in the workplace and how she can't get the respect she deserves as a detective so she dresses up in masquerades as a boy to get said respect and in the end coming to terms that she is just fine being herself
like Osby said, people need to learn to read between the lines and not take stuff at face value. Yeah yeah, im ranting, but each time this game is brought up it's about the same three things. Yosuke, Kanji and Naoto
bensw_profile_image_f45bce34eb002f9a_300x300.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to get this argument any longer but just my opinion about it

I'm gay and I actually like that the game doesn't go and say "yeah, Kanji is gay". He's all but said to be bi anyway and while a concrete confirmation would be cool, it's not all that weird for a game made in Japan during the 2000s.
I played P4 during a time when I was trying to compensate for liking guys by trying to be overly masculine so it felt incredibly freeing for the narrative to clearly put a boundary between Kanji's sexuality and gender presentation. Yes, it's by no means perfect but I feel like some western players ignore what a big deal for an Asian story to claim that a character doesn't need to be gay just because his interests are traditionally feminine.
Some parts like the camping scene could be handled much better but the core of Kanji's character is fine, imo. His character works regardless of who he's attracted to but he's by no means straight.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
October is already loaded with gamings news and then there's the return of the kings:

I can't wait to be weird about fictional middle-aged men all over again.
I still need to see that, Yuya Takahashi's working on Kamen Rider again and people compared his latest one to Tiger and Bunny

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't want to get this argument any longer but just my opinion about it

I'm gay and I actually like that the game doesn't go and say "yeah, Kanji is gay". He's all but said to be bi anyway and while a concrete confirmation would be cool, it's not all that weird for a game made in Japan during the 2000s.
I played P4 during a time when I was trying to compensate for liking guys by trying to be overly masculine so it felt incredibly freeing for the narrative to clearly put a boundary between Kanji's sexuality and gender presentation. Yes, it's by no means perfect but I feel like some western players ignore what a big deal for an Asian story to claim that a character doesn't need to be gay just because his interests are traditionally feminine.
Some parts like the camping scene could be handled much better but the core of Kanji's character is fine, imo. His character works regardless of who he's attracted to but he's by no means straight.
It doesnt matter in the end because Kanji is best boy anyway. Yoskue and yu are best boy(friends)

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Uh ooohh the pokemon anime.is in troublee
It's kind of weird to hear that the Anime might be doing worse than the Manga. I guess a new movie now that the pandemic is subsiding is off the table for a while longer. I saw some mentions on Twitter that the Anime company that makes the show lost a large amount of people and that they overstretched themselves in animating the Masters 8 Tournament (probably why Leon steamrolled Alain & most of his fight against Diantha was offscreen).

I've been kind of wondering what exactly they have planned for the future as all throughout Gen 8, it's really felt like they're trying to put a cap on the current story from the past 25 years:

Ash is now an official Champion
Ash has been catching a large amount of Fan Favorite requests vs. Starters/Regional Bird (Lucario/Dragonite/Gengar/Mega Evolution)
Battling and winning against higher and higher rank trainers
Traveling to all regions, not just a set journey through one.
Movie 1 Mewtwo returning
Catching Legendary Pokemon is seen as more and more a normal thing
Finishing the the story of Lillie's missing father
Calling back to/continuing the Team Galactic storyline of Gen 4
Lots of past travel companions/Pokemon returning (except May & Max RIP)

Given that Gen 9's story will revolve around being at a School (which Gen 7 Anime already did) it wouldn't surprise me if they take a different approach entirely going forward. Either by moving to a seasonal cour format, by radically changing Ash's role in the story, or making Goh the new main character. Whether Ash beats Leon or not I don't think matters as much as people think, but it would be nice for Ash to go out on top. Also so that they can animate Leon's defeat animation/imitating Terry Bogard's hat throw.

:terryhat:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wait, they've been able to speedrun THAT far ahead?
From what I saw a bit of from a thumbnail on YT, it seems so. People have been intentionally going behind Sega staff's backs at events and are using tech and glitches other people found at other events to leak out as much as possible.

Sonic fans are not okay.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No way I just got a commercial for some antidepressant nasal spray that had the side effects of being disconnected from yourself people around you and places

Aint no wait those were actual side effcts
Feel discnnected with reality? Good! Take this to feel even more disconnected (side effects may include cancer, death, and suicidal thoughts)

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

TLOU 1 about to lose the title for the most unnecessary remake of all time

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
At least The Last Of Us 1 was a PS3 game, so a Remake of that makes at least a tiny bit more sense

HZD is barely 5 years old. It has a PS5 Version and a PC port, I genuinely cannot think of a reason to remake this. I can't even think of a good monetary reason.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I missed some gaming fight on SB. Had to do it just when I made food and did some game revisits...............

Yeah..................Zero Dawn should need another 10 years before a remake.

Still looks great for five years.

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20210322010319.jpg

Though wouldn't mind more fog removal and better draw distance texture work but that's my opinion of next gen games in general.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What if... I gave a little teaser for my next project? 👀
1664743269119.png

This is Pomkin! What does that mean? No one knows, it's just some weird, nonsense name he made up. Of all the residents of the island he resides in, he's definitely one of the weirdest. For a kid his age, he's abnormally bright, but not very mature. (Maybe that's because his knowledge was gained through... unconventional means.) He's found peace on an island he now calls home, and he lives with a robot named Mel-0D, who has become a sort of "big sister" figure to him.
Noipoi Noipoi M MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 Pokelego999 Pokelego999

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dabbled into M+R Kingdom Battle again after a long hiatus and my strategy memories are coming back to me.

Can't decide if I should first finish the remaining base game challenges or the Donkey Kong Adventure campaign.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's kind of weird to hear that the Anime might be doing worse than the Manga. I guess a new movie now that the pandemic is subsiding is off the table for a while longer. I saw some mentions on Twitter that the Anime company that makes the show lost a large amount of people and that they overstretched themselves in animating the Masters 8 Tournament (probably why Leon steamrolled Alain & most of his fight against Diantha was offscreen).

I've been kind of wondering what exactly they have planned for the future as all throughout Gen 8, it's really felt like they're trying to put a cap on the current story from the past 25 years:

Ash has been catching a large amount of Fan Favorite requests vs. Starters/Regional Bird (Lucario/Dragonite/Gengar/Mega Evolution)
Movie 1 Mewtwo returning

Given that Gen 9's story will revolve around being at a School (which Gen 7 Anime already did) it wouldn't surprise me if they take a different approach entirely going forward. Either by moving to a seasonal cour format, by radically changing Ash's role in the story, or making Goh the new main character. Whether Ash beats Leon or not I don't think matters as much as people think, but it would be nice for Ash to go out on top. Also so that they can animate Leon's defeat animation/imitating Terry Bogard's hat throw.

Ash wakes up from his coma and the Ash that lived in the real world in the Marshadow movie takes his place and attends school instead.
Jim Ryan has dementia and forgot those games are still playable on current gen.

My only explanation
Never forget how Nintendo said
“You love playing DS games on your 3ds?

How about we remake one for the 3ds” and gave us Bowsers inside Story despite the fact the original could still be played.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
See, the thing is, the main thing people get on Kanji and Naoto bout is 100% not what their arcs about
kanjis is about him coming to terms that he can like cute things and still be straight(ish) and the only reason he is thinking the way he is thinking is because people in the game associate liking cute things with being feminine so it got nailed into his head that maybe he is gay when he really isn't in just like cute little bunnies. And Naotos is all about misogyny in the workplace and how she can't get the respect she deserves as a detective so she dresses up in masquerades as a boy to get said respect and in the end coming to terms that she is just fine being herself
like Osby said, people need to learn to read between the lines and not take stuff at face value. Yeah yeah, im ranting, but each time this game is brought up it's about the same three things. Yosuke, Kanji and Naoto
View attachment 361702
Okay, but like Kanji is definitely Bi at least since he found attraction in someone when he assumed they were a guy, meaning on some level he is totally into men.

Movie 1 Mewtwo returning

The lack of May in this show legit made me upset, she's my favorite.

Reactions: ---

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
okay so when the TLOU remake was announced i was gave it the benefit of the doubt. I had no interest in buying it, but I could barely see the logic (the development history, TLOU originally being a PS3 game, upgrades from 2). This? No such benefit..

i think it would be really funny if they remaked every ps4 game except for the one people actually want one for. the blood will never be born again.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

How about we remake one for the 3ds” and gave us Bowsers inside Story despite the fact the original could still be played.
The modern day equivalebt of that is Nintendo announcing they remade BoTW for the Switch but specifically the Wii U version

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ash wakes up from his coma and the Ash that lived in the real world in the Marshadow movie takes his place and attends school instead.

"We didn't want Yokai watch 3 to be the last 3DS game we release to lets downgrade one of our best RPG's"

Top Bottom